Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pinging  (Read 1400 times)

BUM

• Get-R-Done
Pinging
« on: July 10, 2004, 01:21:51 AM »

I have about 3000 miles on my SEEG seems to ping during accelleration and its worse in high altitude. I am using 91 octane, is the pinging normal. I want to put rienhart pipes on with a power comander, but  before I do all that I better ask the pro's. This is a Cal. bike wounder if thay are tuned differant than a non Cal. bike?? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
Re: Pinging
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 06:46:17 PM »

Gas in California SUCKS! Try a fuel additive. The HD dealership carries the little plastic packages of "rocket Fuel". It is nice and easy in that one package is for one tank. If this cures it, then get the Power Commader and have your bike dyno tuned WITHOUT the fuel additive and you should then be able to run without pinging.

I run the fuel additive in my 116 inch on a SERG and I get no pinging on the hottest days. I could have the motor tuned to not ping without the additive, but I like the 137 foot pounds of torque and do not want to give any of it back! [smiley=7.gif]
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
Re: Pinging
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 11:04:36 AM »

I have experienced some pinging myself at higher altitudes, mostly when lugging the engine. So in those situations I tend to try and keep the R's up a little higher. Runs fine at sea level. Correction runs GREAT at sea level!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I also try to run 93 octane when available (most places around here have it)
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.