Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.  (Read 22244 times)

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
Re: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »

just looked at mine and its doing it, trip to HD, maybe I won't have to fight for my warranty this time, it's up in Oct 2012 better geter done quick....
Ride it like ya Stole IT!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

I also got my seat replaced today. I agree that it is a more comfortable seat but that opinion was only after a 30 mile home from the dealer. I got my seat fairly quickly, it only took about 2.5 weeks after the dealer sent in the photos until I got the seat replacced.

I waited for over 6-8 months. To tell you the truth I think was a combination of MoCo + Dealer  careless handling of customer complaints, like it is something new.

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »

Is this new seat also heated as is the 2011FLTRUSE?  I am ready for a new seat since mine has been tearing for several months.  I have been hoping the MoCo would redesign the seat to solve the problem.
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »

Is this new seat also heated as is the 2011FLTRUSE?  I am ready for a new seat since mine has been tearing for several months.  I have been hoping the MoCo would redesign the seat to solve the problem.

The seat has the same functionality as the stock seat, just the stitching is different to prevent the tearing.

Winhawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 Rio Red FLTRUSE (Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 Autumn Haze and Carbon Dust FLTRUSE
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 04:17:55 AM »

I just got my third replacement seat. My dealer is great to work with. Each seat took less than a week to be delivered.  Sorry Darth.  The only snag I had was the MoCo said they never received the pics from the dealer for the second replacement.  I called customer service, emailed my pics and the new seat was delivered in 3 days.  There was no delay from the MoCo with the third seat.

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 01:57:43 PM »

Mine is just like TANKS250.  Total twin!

Kudos to Walter's Bros HD in Peoria, IL.  Replacement on the way.  All I gotta do is dig a couple "40" rounds out of the wall behind the service desk!  Jus' kiddin'.  They ordered a new one as soon as they verified my warranty expires in October.

MUDD

• Support your local RED & BLACK

• CVO1: 09' FXSTSSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER- sold
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD GLIDE ULTRA
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »

Just purchased my RIO RED/BLACK EMBER 11' FLTRUSE from the original owner with 3K miles on the ticker, and the only thing wrong with the bike that i can find is the seat. Is starting to tear at the seam just like the pictures shown previously. I have owned the bike for about 30 days now and the seat was tearing when I purchased it. Well, yesterday i was at my local dealer changing the remaining existing warranty into my name and I mentioned the seat to them. Long story short, one of the managers and two of the service dept. guys said they knew nothing of the stitching problems, and repeatedly asked me if there was a "factory recall". My reply was that I was unsure about that, but I was sure that the MOCO was fully aware of the problem and they have been replacing seats. I mentioned this site and several of the threads on this matter and all I got from them was "you cant believe anything that someone puts on the internet". Basically they refused to even look into it and said I should contact the MOCO myself. No one around, two service guys  sitting behind the counter with nothing better to do....thought they might give it a shot anyway. Looks like I get to call Harley myself..Any suggestions?   
Support your local RED & BLACK
VNV/LVMC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

.... Looks like I get to call Harley myself..Any suggestions?   
To speak with a Harley-Davidson customer service representative call (414) 343-4056... and when speaking to them you may want to let them know the "lack of service" you got from that particular dealer. Or depending on your relationship with the dealer go speak to the GM before calling customer service and let him know about he "lack of service" from his service department and see how/what he does about it and then if you don't get anywhere call customer service.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MUDD

• Support your local RED & BLACK

• CVO1: 09' FXSTSSE3 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER- sold
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD GLIDE ULTRA
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »

Thank you Fired00d for the direct contact info to MOCO cust. service. This dealer has been very helpful in the past and dont want to just start slaying them over this one incident. I am re-reading all the posts and threads regarding this issue and actually writing down the stated cities, states, and dealers that have taken care of this problem. I will then go back again with better info and see what the outcome or effort is.

MUDD
Support your local RED & BLACK
VNV/LVMC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »

Thank you Fired00d for the direct contact info to MOCO cust. service. This dealer has been very helpful in the past and dont want to just start slaying them over this one incident. I am re-reading all the posts and threads regarding this issue and actually writing down the stated cities, states, and dealers that have taken care of this problem. I will then go back again with better info and see what the outcome or effort is.

MUDD
Good luck... hope it works out to your satisfaction. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

rdawg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red AKA "Red Rider"
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »

I had the same thing.  Service manager looked at it and said no problem, I'll order you a seat!  It's covered by warranty, no reason to make you call MOCO when they should take care of it....

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »

My new seat was ordered today, these new seats are back ordered until 8-10-12.  I'm sure it will take longer but that's ok.
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »

Just finished up a 3k ride over the past couple of weeks...seat has separated at seam where the grainy "leather" meets the smooth leather on right side (maybe if it was real leather the seam wouldn't give)? Anyway, stopped by a dealer hoping this would be a no questions asked warranty matter. Nope, got a ration of $@!t from service writer on how Harley won't cover the seat...his parting comment "maybe if you call and complain enough, they'll give in." Gee, thanks...I'll do that.  Spoke to Harley customer service rep who told me claims are handled on a case by case basis because (and I quote) "you might weigh 400 pounds and ride a lot. That'll wreck a seat in a hurry." Couldn't help but laugh. Stuff like this makes me wonder why I continue to have this love/hate relationship with HD.  I should have asked about reimbursement for the two pairs jeans that were spattered with the quart of blow-by oil that spewed from the air cleaner during the trip. I can't utter the words Gold....or K16... but it is tempting. I'm sure those bikes have issues too, but HD's crappy customer service is starting to wear on me. How can owners experiencing the same problem be treated so vastly different? Oh well...calling on another dealer tomorrow.  PJ
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:36:25 PM by pj57 »

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac "C" x-pipe, 2" baffles, TTS, Monotubes

• CVO1: 2003 Dyna Wide Glide (non CVO)
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 09:15:46 AM »

Just finished up a 3k ride over the past couple of weeks...seat has separated at seam where the grainy "leather" meets the smooth leather on right side (maybe if it was real leather the seam wouldn't give)? Anyway, stopped by a dealer hoping this would be a no questions asked warranty matter. Nope, got a ration of $@!t from service writer on how Harley won't cover the seat...his parting comment "maybe if you call and complain enough, they'll give in." Gee, thanks...I'll do that.  Spoke to Harley customer service rep who told me claims are handled on a case by case basis because (and I quote) "you might weigh 400 pounds and ride a lot. That'll wreck a seat in a hurry." Couldn't help but laugh. Stuff like this makes me wonder why I continue to have this love/hate relationship with HD.  I should have asked about reimbursement for the two pairs jeans that were spattered with the quart of blow-by oil that spewed from the air cleaner during the trip. I can't utter the words Gold....or K16... but it is tempting. I'm sure those bikes have issues too, but HD's crappy customer service is starting to wear on me. How can owners experiencing the same problem be treated so vastly different? Oh well...calling on another dealer tomorrow.  PJ

PJ . . . I had the same problem . . . Columbia HD in Vancouver, WA gave me a bit of a run-around, but I got an appointment with the factory rep on her next visit and the seat was ordered and replaced with no further issues. The newer seat has been modified and seems to be holding up better than the original. Also seems a bit more easy on the butt.
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 08:24:47 PM »

So I took mine in for it's 10k service today. Pointed out to the guy taking the pix (they do that before they touch every bike) that my seat was starting to separate at the seems and asked him to document it for warranty purposes. Picked up the bike about 7 hours later and was told the service manager looked at it, approved it and has ordered the new seat already. :pepper:  :2vrolijk_21:  Giving a BIG SHOUTOUT to FREEDOM HD in N. Canton, Ohio for taking care of it the first time it was mentioned.  :orange: :mango: :bananarock:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.