Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.  (Read 22243 times)

geeman

Re: ATTENTION S.E. RGU riders! Stock seat fix.
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:02 AM »

Got my new seat yesterday looks pretty good with the extra piping and row of stitching hope this solves the issue.  Price on the service order was 1900.00 glad it was under warranty.

gg

geeman

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2012, 08:44:16 AM »

Got my new seat yesterday, looks awesome.  This is the third seat on my CVO hopefully the last one.

gg

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »

Well, after complaining since the bike had 1000 miles, 16 months and 14000 miles later, I finally got the dealer and the MOCO to give me a new seat. The seat was torn in 3 places, both front seams and the right side seam between rider and passinger.

It was a test of wills, but I never give up and sooner or later, I always get people to see things my way.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:59 AM »

Well, after complaining since the bike had 1000 miles, 16 months and 14000 miles later, I finally got the dealer and the MOCO to give me a new seat. The seat was torn in 3 places, both front seams and the right side seam between rider and passinger.

It was a test of wills, but I never give up and sooner or later, I always get people to see things my way.

:2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

nu_glider

• 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 10:16:28 PM »

Interesting,  my dealership had me a new seat in a weeks time.  I wonder why you had so much trouble?
Rio Red & Black Ember: Fuel Moto Jackpot ceramic coated stainless head pipe, Fullsac Performance 1.75 baffles, SERT, Nostalgic saddlebag rails Windvest tinted 13" windshield, DayMaker LED lamps, Custom Dynamic LED turn signals, white front & red rear with smoked lenses.

geeman

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 10:44:52 PM »

My experience was similar emailed some pics they asked me to bring it in for a closer look.
They ordered the new seat had it replaced during my 32000 km service.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:09 AM »

it's more or less just the same story the CUSE4 had in 09. Wonder why H-D has to repeat this scheme every couple of years instead of using tried and reliable patterns.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »

Interesting,  my dealership had me a new seat in a weeks time.  I wonder why you had so much trouble?

Well, my guess is that, as it turns out, I had a very lazy service manager that quit two weeks after my dealership changed owners. It seems that there were about a hundred warranty issues sitting on his desk when he left and he just didn't want to deal with it. It still took two weeks after the MOCO said yes but that's ok.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »

mine has tore right next to seam called dealer and he said Harley has cracked down on replacing seats he would have to look at it and maybe they will replace, waiting on parts for other warrenty issue will let them look when I go for that. wish me luck so far it has been a fuss every time on front tire warrenty. hope seat not the same way.

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »

Anyone had theirs tear like this and had Harley take care of it. Thanks

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2014, 02:10:57 AM »

Since I just bought my bike and the factory warranty expired, I bought an extended warranty.  Has anyone replaced their seat using the extended warranty?
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2014, 04:45:10 PM »

Had two of them replaced under warranty.. No questions asked, No problem, they  know

Darth...don't put up with that BS.  This is a well documented issue here on this site.  Most have gotten their seats replaced with no issue, but some have had to jump through some dealer hoops.  But in most cases they were dealer hoops and not the mothership.  If you can't get the dealer to replace the seat, call HD customer service yourself and jump up and down a little bit, in a nice way...at first.  Or insist that the dealer call the MOCO while you are standing there listening.  You can probably find a few threads here that you could cut and paste into a Word Doc if necessary.

Mine is not showing any signs of tearing yet, but I've only got about 5K on the bike so far.  Too many things got in the way this year, and the payments on my Rolex ate up all my gas money... :huepfenlol2:

My 15 year old Swiss Army watch keeps perfect time, and only cost me $125

Rolex watches are very nice...I would not turn one down if someone wanted to give me one... ;)
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.