Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Painter  (Read 11836 times)

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
Painter
« on: February 21, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »

I was on the phone with Kent at Gunslinger today paying for my LED TP tail light surround and asked him what other paint sets they were doing. He told me they do/did the FLTRXSE for Harley. So I guess as long as you want something painted that's not available through HD they can match it with no problem.
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
Painter
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »

I am looking for a painter who can match the basic black/white colors on the 2012 RGC CVO, to paint or powder coat a few small parts for me.  I am not really interested in the smoke effects.
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

Painter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »

I am looking for someone who has had there Skunk bike painted or an accessory painted and was satisfied with the match.  Please post contact info thanx

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
Re: Painter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »

I saw a Skunk in Daytona that was matched PERFECT!!!!

Joe Zettlemoyer of Xtreme Dimensions

Sicklersville, NJ

awesome guy.

Tell him Rich told u to call
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »

I saw a Skunk in Daytona that was matched PERFECT!!!!

Joe Zettlemoyer of Xtreme Dimensions

Sicklersville, NJ

awesome guy.

Tell him Rich told u to call

X2

856-740-5020

Except Mike sent you.... LMAO.....
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »

x3 and I don't even know him....  :drink:

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 11:24:46 PM »

X2

856-740-5020

Except Mike sent you.... LMAO.....

He'll charge u more. Choose your referral names carefully!

:huepfenlol2:
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »

Ok i dont want to get ripped off, but i want quality work.  So if someone else has a name i can call around a bit.

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

• CVO1: 2012 SERG CVO
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »

I can assure you if you don't need the smoke it's still a pain in the ass.  The 2 stage base was a problem for even the local PPG shop that does all the training in our area.  They screwed it up (Pearl White).  They got it right....then the smoke became the issue.  The shop finally found an old sign guy who knew how to do it to help them get the effect right.  I've not seen my results yet..but it took an extra 2 weeks.  Pics when I get the rig back! Promise!

Dundertaker
Sidecar Dan

There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 03:32:58 AM »

I am looking to paint the latches white and the bezel Blick, no smoke.  Cant wait to See your results.

Cdp1911

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »

'07 Road King Highly Customized
'13 CVO Road Glide Custom

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Gunslinger Custom Paint
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »

I was on the phone with Kent at Gunslinger today paying for my LED TP tail light surround and asked him what other paint sets they were doing. He told me they do/did the FLTRXSE for Harley. So I guess as long as you want something painted that's not available through HD they can match it with no problem.

Unfortunately this isn't correct.  I've spoken with Gunslinger regarding aftermarket parts being painted to match my 2013 SERGC but advised they are contracted thru Harley and can only paint parts sent to them by Harley.  So I spoke with the general manager of the dealership where I bought my CVO who further advised that they don't want to get invovled with aftermarket parts since Harley would then have a liability regarding the parts such as warranty, fitment, etc.  Next call will be to Harley customer service to discuss with them.  Seems like the MoCo has Gunslinger locked into only painting 2013 CVO parts for them and not allowing customers who own these bikes to have custom parts painted by them too unless you find some other painter to TRY matching it.  And as the GM of the dealership told me, good luck finding a painter.

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:17 PM »

I'm going to call Xtreme Dimensions tomorrow to see if they can match the paint on the Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald 2013 SERGC.  But does anyone know of any other reputable painters that they may have used to color match their CVO?

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »

I am still looking found one guy who said they could do it but wanted 850, is that typical to paint latches and a headlight bezel? 

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 08:00:34 AM »

I am still looking found one guy who said they could do it but wanted 850, is that typical to paint latches and a headlight bezel? 

That is stupid expensive!
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

Re: Gunslinger Custom Paint
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »

Seems like the MoCo has Gunslinger locked into only painting 2013 CVO parts for them and not allowing customers who own these bikes to have custom parts painted by them too unless you find some other painter to TRY matching it.  And as the GM of the dealership told me, good luck finding a painter.

No trying with Xtreme Dimensions.

My 13's front fender is a dead on match, looks like Harley painted it except it is smoother!!

Rich's 13 Anniv is a dead on match also.

Al's 13 RG is a dead on match also...

Just sayin'.....
2023 CVO Road Glide

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »

That is excellent to hear that Xtreme Dimensions have been able to match the paint.  I've called and left them a voicemail.  We shall see what they can do and for how much.  What did the front fender cost in getting painted by them if you don't mind sharing?

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 03:46:47 PM »

Just got off the phone with Joe from Xtreme Dimensions.  Sounds like a great guy and provided excellent pricing for the CVO painting.  He also can get aftermarket parts at very reasonable prices that get shipped directly to him so you don't have to pay additional shipping of parts that you ordered to send to him.  Hopefully by early next week, I can order a Yaffe Scoowl from Joe at Xtreme Dimensions to have him paint it for me.  This is some great news.

mmcghee

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »

One more place for you to check is Rolling Art Custom Paint in Tempe AZ. JC does awesome work. He has CVO paint sets he has done on his site. If you have facebook look him up there as well he has even more picture on facebook. He paints all of Yaffe's bikes as well. On facebook and his web site he has a picture OK a skunk he painted it look great!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:39:33 PM by mmcghee »

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »

One more place for you to check is Rolling Art Custom Paint in Tempe AZ. JC does awesome work. He has CVO paint sets he has done on his site. If you have facebook look him up there as well he has even more picture on facebook. He paints all of Yaffe's bikes as well. On facebook and his web site he has a picture OK a skunk he painted it look great!

I'm not quite so sure about Rolling Art Custom Paint so far.  I called and he checked his list to see if the Roman Gold and Burnt Emerald were color options he could do but wasn't on his list.  He took my info and was going to call his painter to see if he knew if it was available to be able to paint parts.  Haven't gotten a return call yet and just seems odd in the whole conversation needing to call his painter to find out.  Let's see how long it takes to get a return call and what the customer service response is like compared to when I called Xtreme Dimensions he could tell me at that moment and if he had to find out part pricing he called back in less than 15 minutes.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »

Joe is a stand up guy and isn't your typical painter with no sense of HUMOR!!

He sent me a few of a TP he just did.  Neal should like this one too!
2013 FLTRXSE2

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:39 AM »

2013 FLTRXSE2

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »

2013 FLTRXSE2

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »

Joe is a stand up guy and isn't your typical painter with no sense of HUMOR!!

He sent me a few of a TP he just did.  Neal should like this one too!

:2vrolijk_21:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »

Hmmm.... That looks a lot better then a purple KTP on your bike... just sayin' :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 09:38:44 AM »

Not hard to imagine that in a king TP with the martian on the back instead of the SE logo. :2vrolijk_21:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »

Not hard to imagine that in a king TP with the martian on the back instead of the SE logo. :2vrolijk_21:

Nothing like "making it yours!"...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

mgreen3940

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 03:10:37 PM »

That TP looks beautiful.  Those may be colors that have been released to Rolling Art Custom Paint in order to paint but doesn't appear he can paint the Roman Gold and Burnt Emerald colors for this other 2013 CVO RGC.  Still no return call from Rolling Art Custom Paint.

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 08:05:56 AM »

I am looking for a painter who can match the basic black/white colors on the 2012 RGC CVO, to paint or powder coat a few small parts for me.  I am not really interested in the smoke effects.

We supplied and color matched frt fender, tour pk and scowl
Joe
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:17:19 AM by Xtreme Dimension »

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 11:30:10 AM »

Neal, there is no excuse for a purple TP anymore when this guy is right in your backyard.   :zroflmao:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »

That TP looks beautiful.  Those may be colors that have been released to Rolling Art Custom Paint in order to paint but doesn't appear he can paint the Roman Gold and Burnt Emerald colors for this other 2013 CVO RGC.  Still no return call from Rolling Art Custom Paint.

Thank you...that tour pack pictured was painted by us at Xtreme Dimension- Thanks again

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »

Neal, there is no excuse for a purple TP anymore when this guy is right in your backyard.   :zroflmao:

x2
2013 FLTRXSE2

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 10:12:45 PM »

Hey Joe, I have a 2013 CVO Road King in Crushed Saphire with Cold Fusion Graphics (the blue one) LOL. I have been told that the graphics and leading edges on this paint job is some kind of acid treatment :nixweiss: Have ya'll or can ya'll match this, and what would be the cost for a king tour pak? I am sorry I don't have any pictures of the bike to send at the moment I am currently at work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. I am just trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to buy a used tourpak or aftermarket one and have it painted, instead of buying the color matched one from Harley.

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 04:24:54 PM »

I am looking for someone who has had there Skunk bike painted or an accessory painted and was satisfied with the match.  Please post contact info thanx

Hi I emailed you info you requested...Let me know if goes thru ok
Joe Z

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 04:26:54 PM »

not exactley my back yard.

Joe,

can you do fiberglass hole patching?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

grouyv

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »

I just want to let you that I saw my TP today in this thread and I said to my self that I have to write something about it.

All my friends who saw the TP at Laconia are jalous (specialy the SE logo).
The paint is awesome (according to me and my friends)
It is a pleasure to do business with Joe (great customer service).
I ask him to put the SE script and he suggest me this SE logo. How can I said no thanks?

What else can I say? 10/10

Forgive me if there is some mistake in my spelling: first time in english, first time in a forum, first time in english in a forum.

PS: I want to thank Puzzled.

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »

Picked up my rig last week.  First chance to reply.  Long story short...it took Hannigans and PPG 3 weeks and 3 tries to get the paint match right.....and 10 tries to match the "smoke" graphics...but it's perfect.  They found an 80 year old sign painter that told them how to do the flames.  Long and short...MoCo is ZERO help...but you just have to find the right people and be patient. 
Sidecar Dan

Sidecar Dan

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG/Hannigan SP2

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »

Second pic
Sidecar Dan

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »

I just want to let you that I saw my TP today in this thread and I said to my self that I have to write something about it.

All my friends who saw the TP at Laconia are jalous (specialy the SE logo).
The paint is awesome (according to me and my friends)
It is a pleasure to do business with Joe (great customer service).
I ask him to put the SE script and he suggest me this SE logo. How can I said no thanks?

What else can I say? 10/10

Forgive me if there is some mistake in my spelling: first time in english, first time in a forum, first time in english in a forum.

PS: I want to thank Puzzled.

Would love to see photos!   :2vrolijk_21:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »

Second pic

Very nice!   :2vrolijk_21: 

(although you could not pay me to be a passenger in a sidecar)   :nervous:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »

Second pic

:skull:  Oh my!    :vrolijk27:   Looks great!   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 12:02:35 AM »

not exactley my back yard.

Joe,

can you do fiberglass hole patching?

Yes Any and all repairs or fabrications ...no problem-

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 12:10:32 AM »

Hey Joe, I have a 2013 CVO Road King in Crushed Saphire with Cold Fusion Graphics (the blue one) LOL. I have been told that the graphics and leading edges on this paint job is some kind of acid treatment :nixweiss: Have ya'll or can ya'll match this, and what would be the cost for a king tour pak? I am sorry I don't have any pictures of the bike to send at the moment I am currently at work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. I am just trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to buy a used tourpak or aftermarket one and have it painted, instead of buying the color matched one from Harley.

I believe it can be done in a multi layer marbleizing and I will go to the HD tomorrow to get all the needed info- it is usually cheaper to do up the used or aftermarket and if needed I can try and get it local for you-
call or email if possible and you wish to go over details etc.
   Thank you
 Joe Z
856-740-5020    joe@xtremedimension.com

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:13:27 AM by Xtreme Dimension »

Xtreme Dimension

• Xtreme Dimension
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Custom Motorcycles
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »

Yes we have the procedure for the fusion graphics
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.