Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 4 point docking hardware and backrest, tourpak issues  (Read 16444 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: 4 point docking hardware and backrest, tourpak issues
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »

Yeah I don't really care to pull the fairing off yet, but when I do I'm planning on a splitter and hidden fairing mounted antennae so I can maintain and use the rear antennae when not using the tour pack so I can get a little better reception when I'm riding the edge of signal area (where i live). 

The antenna relocation kit differs from the hidden antenna kit.

Antenna relocation kit moves the antenna to the tour pak hidden antenna moves it to the fairing. (or wherever you choose to hide it)

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2012, 08:30:53 AM »

Closing out this topic:

It wound up being as simple as the backrest being too narrow (duh) so it took a little tweakting... I basically stood on one side with it in the grass, then pulled gently on the other side until it fit with all the proper hardware...

Talk about overthinking a project...

XCESS

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »

I just  bought a black standardheight and  the  dealer  told  me  that  the  brown back rest  pad  will only fit  the  short upright. Being  stubborn I  went  ahead and  guess  what   the  brown  fits  fine and  the  standard upright  fitted  perfect. Now  I  have  a more  usuable  back rest  that  i  can strap a large  bag  to instead  of  the  somewhat   useless but better  looking  shorty.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »

I just  bought a black standardheight and  the  dealer  told  me  that  the  brown back rest  pad  will only fit  the  short upright. Being  stubborn I  went  ahead and  guess  what   the  brown  fits  fine and  the  standard upright  fitted  perfect. Now  I  have  a more  usuable  back rest  that  i  can strap a large  bag  to instead  of  the  somewhat   useless but better  looking  shorty.

the area the pad mounts to is all the same.. why should it matter?... talk about a dealer blowing smoke up someones behind.

CVCVORG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE BLUE
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »

I had the exact same issue and basically pulled the backrest mounts further apart by approx 1/16th of inch.
Initially the front doc point , the plastic spacer had a small chip.

No other issues since

dieseldennis

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 12:36:40 AM »

Aha!  I thought I was crazy. It's not me after all. I spent an hour screaming at my bike yesterday ( it still refused to listen ) trying to get it to snap in. Now I know it's an easy fix. I was thinking I'd have to take the docking hardware off or something.

THANKS!

andrejak

• CVO1: 2023 CVO Road Glide - Dark Platinum
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »

Aha!  I thought I was crazy. It's not me after all. I spent an hour screaming at my bike yesterday ( it still refused to listen ) trying to get it to snap in. Now I know it's an easy fix. I was thinking I'd have to take the docking hardware off or something.

THANKS!

My buddy has a 2013 Street Glide with the 4 point docking hardware and a standard height sissy bar.  I have a 2013 CVO Road Glide with the 4 point docking hardware and shorty sissy bar.  We swapped to see why mine was so tight and his wasn't.  As it turns out the shorty sissy bars are too narrow and need adjustment.  I would have to have my girlfriend twist the locking clamps while I pulled the sissy bar apart to remount it.  PITA.  Will try the put in the grass and spread it wider method others have mentioned above.  The detachable sissy bar I had on my 2003 Heritage Softail was a breeze to put on and off.  This one I have to think long and hard if I want to take it off because alone getting it back on was never fun.
2023 FLTRXSE Dark Platinum
2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth / Vivid Black (Traded)
2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold / Emerald Green (Sold)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.