Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: don't ask, don't tell.  (Read 3966 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: don't ask, don't tell.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 05:18:31 AM »

I would far rather see two male Marines embracing when returning home, than see them in a Flag draped box!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 08:11:37 AM »

I thank you for your sewrvice, but from one vet to another:

Being gay is a mental problem, you may not be able to change it, but it is not normal.

It is not a mental problem.  That's a pretty lame explaination, if I have ever heard one.  It is a point of view.  Is it prevalent in our country.  Sort of.  Is it a problem?  No, unless you believe the propaganda machines that we refer to as media.

I do think they are bad for morale in the service.

I think this is the case due to the world of small minded folks that refuse to think that there is a place for tolerance, except tolerance of themselves.
Big Lew
IBA #595

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 08:55:19 AM »

I thank you for your sewrvice, but from one vet to another:

It is not a mental problem.  That's a pretty lame explaination, if I have ever heard one.  It is a point of view.  Is it prevalent in our country.  Sort of.  Is it a problem?  No, unless you believe the propaganda machines that we refer to as media.

I think this is the case due to the world of small minded folks that refuse to think that there is a place for tolerance, except tolerance of themselves.

Well said Lew......it ain't for me, but it ain't none of my business either!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

clegg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG, Black & Orange. 106 stroker, 585 S&S gear driven cams, SE billet cam plate w/ SE oil pump, 52mm S&S throttle body with closed loop VFI system, Vance & Hines 2 into 1. Headwork by Leo Hess at Full Blast Engineering.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »

In nature the norm is for all species to have a desire to propogate. Homesexuality would quickly lead to extinction = abnormal behavior. These people are broken. Something is wrong in the wiring. End of story. I understand that they can't control it. Fine. But stop trying to normalize it. Stop trying to make gay's special and somehow better. They are not. I can be charged with a "Hate Crime" if I get in a bar fight and happen to bust off a piece of my nuckle in a gay man's chin. Or a black mans for that matter. It does not matter why we were fighting, what matters is they are gay, or some other minority. I must have attacked them because they were gay... They however, would not face the same charges by hitting me. WTF? Why is it a crime to be a straight white Christian male?
Semper Fidelis

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »

In nature the norm is for all species to have a desire to propogate. Homesexuality would quickly lead to extinction = abnormal behavior.  These people are broken. Something is wrong in the wiring. End of story. I understand that they can't control it. Fine. But stop trying to normalize it.

So by your standard, priests, nuns, munks and other folks who chose not to have offspring are broken as well?  If bullies would stop demonizing these people, we could stop trying to normalize it.

Stop trying to make gay's special and somehow better. They are not. I can be charged with a "Hate Crime" if I get in a bar fight and happen to bust off a piece of my nuckle in a gay man's chin. Or a black mans for that matter. It does not matter why we were fighting, what matters is they are gay, or some other minority. I must have attacked them because they were gay... They however, would not face the same charges by hitting me. WTF? Why is it a crime to be a straight white Christian male?

I agree that they should have no special status anymore than anyone else.  Again, if people would stop demonizing them, they would have no more to fear than the person sitting next them on the train.

I understand folks probably aren’t going to change their minds because of what I say.  But if you’re spewing negative drivel in public, you will find folks who disagree with you.  That appears to be our arrangement here.
Big Lew
IBA #595

clegg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG, Black & Orange. 106 stroker, 585 S&S gear driven cams, SE billet cam plate w/ SE oil pump, 52mm S&S throttle body with closed loop VFI system, Vance & Hines 2 into 1. Headwork by Leo Hess at Full Blast Engineering.
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2012, 12:22:51 PM »

Good enough. Back to the joke telling... (By the way, I think religious celibacy is foolish. Where in the bible is that located? The Church has been pretty good at fabricating laws and lies over the years as well...)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:27:48 PM by clegg »
Semper Fidelis

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »

Good enough. Back to the joke telling...
:2vrolijk_21:
Big Lew
IBA #595

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

Good enough. Back to the joke telling...

Good idea.  And to offend almost everyone:

Why did Jesus cross the road?  Because he was nailed to a chicken.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 02:53:21 PM »

I may go the hell, but i think thats funny
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »

Axil, can I go to hell with you and Twolane?  That joke was hilarious on so many levels...

kravnut

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »

Now I can laugh at that and not fear any recourse cause I was sent to Hell once and they sent me back.     :P :D :huepfenjump3:
Keith

2012 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide
4" Rinehart Slip-ons
Kuryakyn Quick Adjust Tour-Pak Relocator

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »

Now I can laugh at that and not fear any recourse cause I was sent to Hell once and they sent me back.     :P :D :huepfenjump3:

When I walk into a church the statues walk out as they think the end is near....  :D

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 11:45:58 AM »

Axil, can I go to hell with you and Twolane?  That joke was hilarious on so many levels...

Won't say who but someone told that several years ago to an audience in Jerusalem.  Gentile on stage saying that to a bunch of young military Jews who aren't sure if their superiors would agree with them thinking it's funny makes for a lot of strained looks on faces.  Then someone snickers and the room goes up :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »

When I walk into a church the statues walk out as they think the end is near....  :D

I don't back toward the statues.....    Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.