Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Author Topic: Spiderman's Recovery  (Read 27389 times)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: Spiderman's Recovery
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2006, 09:18:32 AM »

cumare, which means mistress, and is often pronounced coo-MAHD or goo-MAHD.
i like it! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Great combination of root words....translations of mistress and climax can't be all bad.  Wonder what Spider really had in mind?  Nah.....waaaay too much brain power this early in the AM.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:21 AM »

Thanks for the definitions. My online dictionary didn't come back w/anything. Even found a online translation dictionary w/still nothing found. The song I was thinking about goes like... [highlight]"That's a cumare"[/highlight] <sp>? Wasn't sure if this was the same word or not? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Not quite....."That's Amore"...Dean Martin circa 1960

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »

cumare, which means mistress, and is often pronounced coo-MAHD or goo-MAHD.
i like it! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Give that man a Ceegar  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] My buddy Tony pronounces it " Coo mahd eh "

What did I have in mind ? Tony put the idea in my head last Friday night when I first got the new outfit on Elvis. I dropped by his pub/restaurant ( O'Harley's) {and that's another story}  , and  - - - - - - - well, ask me in person at MV for the rest of the story.  

Big B

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:08:04 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

Not quite....."That's Amore"...Dean Martin circa 1960
Thanks. At least I had heard that before and not totally loosing my mind. :D

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Robaire

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2006, 01:16:21 PM »

I dropped a Jim's 120 into my 05 Deluxe softail.  I put a Zipper's 54mm Thundermax throttle body.  I just finished breaking it in.  It's like a rocket.  It will need a oil cooler, which is on order.  Rinehart 2into1's work and sound great.  Good Luck!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2006, 03:20:24 PM »

Hey FLHTCUSE06,
             Welcome to the site. Hadn't noticed you before. Sorry for the late handshake. Keep us posted on how the Jim's motor work's out for you. You might start a new thread on it in the twin-cam section. I have the Croc bags and seat on Elvis and the new RG to absorb so it'll be awhile before I buy one these motors, but I still have an itch to own one, so I will look forward to updates on yours.

Thanks
         Big B
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 03:40:14 PM by SPIDERMAN »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:37 PM »

Hey Y'all,
             I just got back from San Diego H-D. The new " artificial pumpkin " is in. I had hoped to be there when they took it out of the truck and uncrated it, but it was already out of the box and on the shop floor when I showed up. Ok, here's where you get to rag at me. Got down there with my old Sony floppy disc digital and lo and behold no freakin disc. Do you think anyone at the dealership had a floppy ?Nyet. So the just out of the box pics went by the boards. They are doing set-up and I will pick it up tomorrow and I will have a disc with me to take some pics to post. I absolutely love the Mirage Orange Pearl Paint, and of course I've always liked Road Glides. I'll be like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve tonight, waiting for tomorrow to come.

I am going back to work on Monday ( 9/18) after what seems like a long two months. I cannot ever repay all of you the righteous words and prayers of support you have expressed. Thank you seems insufficient, but it is the best I have to offer.I would also like to say a special thank you to those who sent me PM's exhorting me to get after the Physical Thereapy 110 % . I cannot stress enough how pushing myself to the limit with PT has brought me back in what my PT folks say is incredibly quick time for a guy my age and size and with the extent of damage to my knee.

To those who sent cash to paypal for a get well basket for me. Thank you so much !!! Talk about perfect stangers. Also, I would like you to know, that after what happened to me with the heart attack, I asked for the money to be donated to the [highlight]American Heart Association[/highlight] in name of this web-site. I felt like that was the right thing to do. I hope all of you who donated think that was ok as well.

So now that I am near 100%, have a new bike, new clothes and new leathers, it's time to " get out on the highway, lookin for adventure."  I am geeked as my best bro Beags says at the prospect of meeting everyone, hanging out, riding and whatever else may happen in Maggie Valley. To those attending and everyone else on the site, ride safe, ride smart and never ever trust the cagers.

Lastly, a special thanks to Brother Matt.   You're as big a pain in the ass as I am bro and I don't know what I'd do without you !  L & R  Forever

Adios amigos
                  Vaya con dios
                                      Big Brian
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:28:57 PM by SPIDERMAN »

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2006, 05:43:29 PM »

Brian,

Glad to see you that you're back and getting your new toy.  Great gesture with the donation!  Ride safe, bro...

Oh yeah,  [smiley=worthless.gif]
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2006, 12:30:05 PM »

Brian,
Congrats on the purchase of the best bike made by the Moco.  I have had two.  Also I am delighted to hear you are welll enough to go back to work.  
Ride safe and thoroughly enjoy!
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2006, 12:39:22 PM »

Big B,
Glad to hear things are going well concerning your recovery. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Now it's the day after yesterday where are the pics of the "aritifical pumpkin". [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #130 on: September 15, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »

d00d,
       Here's a rundown of the last 32 hours. Picked up the " artificial Pumpkin "  Rode up to the top of Mt Palomar and back (150 miles ) spent 3 hrs installing OCD items. Went to physical therapy. Had dinner with wifey. Took wifey for a ride ( 25 miles )  Rode 200 miles out to the desert and back. Slept for 7 hrs, rode 100 miles, installed more OCD items. Went to physical therapy.  Kinda beat right now, I'll post some pics soon.  ;)

The new motor is excellent. Not quite the power of our 103's but it's real sweet, especially the way it works in tandem with the gear ratios in the six speed. Pulls good in every gear, surpisingly so in 6th. Exhaust is quiet. Love the handling of the RG  Really windy going over the mountains on the way down to the desert floor last night but the bike was real stable. Ran it through the twisties up to Mt Palomar and it lays down nice in the corners. Windshield height is off for me. I am tall in the body. Lot of turbulence on my helmet. Probably should buy the tall windshield for trips and the chopped off one for local riding. Overall though I am real happy with the bike and glad I bought it.

Oh yeah, total shocker, it came with a tool kit.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Big B
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:34:30 PM by SPIDERMAN »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #131 on: September 15, 2006, 09:49:54 PM »

d00d,
       Here's a rundown of the last 32 hours. Picked up the " artificial Pumpkin "  Rode up to the top of Mt Palomar and back (150 miles ) spent 3 hrs installing OCD items. Went to physical therapy. Had dinner with wifey. Took wifey for a ride ( 25 miles )  Rode 200 miles out to the desert and back. Slept for 7 hrs, rode 100 miles, installed more OCD items. Went to physical therapy.  Kinda beat right now, I'll post some pics soon.  ;)

The new motor is excellent. Not quite the power of our 103's but it's real sweet, especially the way it works in tandem with the gear ratios in the six speed. Pulls good in every gear, surpisingly so in 6th. Exhaust is quiet. Love the handling of the RG  Really windy going over the mountains on the way down to the desert floor last night but the bike was real stable. Ran it through the twisties up to Mt Palomar and it lays down nice in the corners. Windshield height is off for me. I am tall in the body. Lot of turbulence on my helmet. Probably should buy the tall windshield for trips and the chopped off one for local riding. Overall though I am real happy with the bike and glad I bought it.

Oh yeah, total shocker, it came with a tool kit.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Big B
Spiderman.......sounds great!  Glad it's turned out to be a good scooter (a 'keeper').  That's the 1st report that I've heard on one, esp. from a 103 pilot that can give a comparison.  You must be getting along pretty good in the rehab of that knee....doing all that in a couple of days.  Don't do anything silly and push it beyond what the PT is advising.  :P har!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]spyder
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:54:11 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2006, 01:51:11 PM »

Spiderman.......sounds great!  Glad it's turned out to be a good scooter (a 'keeper').  That's the 1st report that I've heard on one, esp. from a 103 pilot that can give a comparison.  You must be getting along pretty good in the rehab of that knee....doing all that in a couple of days.  [highlight]Don't do anything silly and push it beyond what the PT is advising.  :P har!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]spyder
[/highlight]

Are you kiddin me dude ?  Ridin the scooter is heaven compared to what the PT lady puts me through. 110 lbs of pure torture machine. Yesterday she had me on my stomach with my knee cranked up behind my back tryin to see if she could stick my foot up my ass I swear. I yelled Uncle five times, but it didn't phase her a bit.

Big B
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:51:53 PM by SPIDERMAN »

RedFXR2

« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2006, 02:20:35 PM »

Are you kiddin me dude ?  Ridin the scooter is heaven compared to what the PT lady puts me through. 110 lbs of pure torture machine. [highlight]Yesterday she had me on my stomach with my knee cranked up behind my back tryin to see if she could stick my foot up my ass I swear. I yelled Uncle five times[/highlight], but it didn't phase her a bit.

Dang, Brian, are you having physical therapy or in training to become a professional wrestler? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
 ;)

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2006, 04:32:33 PM »

All good news, Brian... glad to hear it!  Ride safe! :)  
So, PT Lady finally accomplished what she was trying to do?  I've had OTHER people's feet up my ass, but never my own.  ;D  How was it? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 22 queries.