Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wiring Problems!  (Read 837 times)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Wiring Problems!
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »

Last week I took the Ultra in for the recall, they did the recall with no problem. But they found the wiring was melting by the exhaust so they ordered a whole new wiring harness for the bike. Question!! has anybody else had this same problem! If not maybe a good idea to take a minute and check it out! 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Wiring Problems!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »

Don, I've got vague recollections of others here talking about that.  Didn't effect my ancient old bikes so I wasn't paying that much attention.  So can't tell you whom to check in with.  Have also seen it on one bike parked at a restaurant.  Waited a bit for the owner to come out but he didn't show in the time I had to wait.  Not sure what the guy thought with a note stuck in his seat reading "check your harness down there" with an arrow pointed that way.

Enough of an incidence you're not alone though.  Sorry to hear of the new bikes having the trouble.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Re: Wiring Problems!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:56 AM »

Don, I've got vague recollections of others here talking about that.  Didn't effect my ancient old bikes so I wasn't paying that much attention.  So can't tell you whom to check in with.  Have also seen it on one bike parked at a restaurant.  Waited a bit for the owner to come out but he didn't show in the time I had to wait.  Not sure what the guy thought with a note stuck in his seat reading "check your harness down there" with an arrow pointed that way.

Enough of an incidence you're not alone though.  Sorry to hear of the new bikes having the trouble.
[/color]

Thanks Don
Got to say I'm really surprised the dealership is totally taking care of it! Not patching it but rewiring the whole bike!

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.