Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Engine Question -  (Read 664 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Quick Engine Question -
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »

My co-worker showed up today and had installed a Heavy Breather on his bike. The heavy breather uses the stock breather bolts that thread into the head, and are hollow down the center. He already had a stage 1 breather on it and those bolts are solid down the center. The result is, he has no head vent now. He noticed that he smelt oil, and his oil pressure was high. His oil pressure is real high, either pegs the needle or is real close.

Question is, should he ride it home 40 miles? The local dealer close to us doesn't have the stock bolts in stock. I don't want to tell him he is ok or not, I am not sure if all the pressure is going to hurt anything. Could he loosen the dip stick to vent the engine? Loosen it and then tape it so it doesn't wiggle out? Thoughts?

Thanks

99fatboy

Re: Quick Engine Question -
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »

Two things could go wrong. The pressure has to go some where, it could go out the exast valve or out a gasket. Better just play it safe and let it set is my opinion. Or find someone that could loan him the correct vent bolts he needs.

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Quick Engine Question -
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »

Without the crankcase being vented, the oil, WILL, find a place to get out. I'd get the correct breather-bolts in there prior to any more riding.
Scott

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.