Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 Saddlebag Speaker Insatall with fairing amp my how too !!!!!!!!  (Read 4469 times)

2015 FLHXSE

OK, here is my story of how to install saddlebag speakers on your 2011 FLHXSE2,
First off YOU CAN make sb speakers work on your 2011 SESG, I will post some pictures of the wiring you will need and I do have someone that will build this harness for you. You will also need to have your dealer do the software download for your HK radio, tell him you want the REAR SPEAKERS ACTIVATED, your dealer will then look at you and say, you can not put SB speakers on that bike. LOL, ( the software is free when you purchase the SB speakers from Harley, fine print you may be charged labor for this). Also you will need to have your dealer activate the FADER CONTROL at the same time. Now that you have done all of the above, install your new lids, speakers, and run your speaker harness inside your fairing, ( good idea to mark the speaker leads LEFT / RIGHT ) before you run into fairing. Now with that being said, the harness you will need will plug directly into the speaker harness that came with the HD 2ohm SB speaker kit, again pictures will show you the extra harness you need to hook up to the HK radio. You will NOT need another amp at this time to make your SB speakers work, they will work and you can use your fader control to give more to SB speakers or more to fairing speakers. Now keep in mind you are taking away from the factory HD amp when you do this type of install, this will not hurt your system it just decreases the power you had, because you are powering 8 speakers now and not the factory 6. The above is what I did with my 2011 FLHXSE2, and like i said it DOES WORK. Now I will tell you that the sb speakers are alittle hard to hear when riding, this is when you would use the FADER CONTROL i told you to have activated at your dealer, this will vary with your individual bike exhaust, wind, and how good your ears are, mine are not that good. PART 2. After trying this set up for a few rides I decided to install the Hogtunes 70.2 amp in my fairing, ( i did not want to install amp in my saddlebag due to lost storage space) the HT amp was a perfect fit for inside the fairing. You will also need the Hogtunes 2-Channel Amp mounting kit ( part # 2CHSP 4405-0234 ) the mounting of this plate is easy to do, and the amp mounts perfect to plate with the included Velcro that is included with the purchase of the HT 70.2 amp. Now keep in mind that when I installed this HT 70.2 amp i DID NOT cut any factory wires, I used the HT 70.2 amp to power ONLY the Saddlebag speakers. All factory speakers are still powered by the HD factory amp.
Now Part 3. After completed install and wiring hook up, I powered up the system, what a difference the extra amp made! Now with my fader control set to the middle of the bar graph, I hear what i feel is equal sound from Fairing and Saddlebag, I did set the switch on the amp for +3db personnel preference, you can adjust this feature before you reinstall your fairing. If you have any mechanical ability you can do this total install on your own. For me this is the perfect fit, with a low budget price when all is complete, very happy with the sound now. In closing I am sure some of you are happy with this post, some are confused, some don't care. But this forum is how i found help on hooking up my system from START TO FINISH. 99.9% of my help came from TIF2 he has always answered every question that i sent his way. You can see his Ultimate sound system at: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=70520.0  Can not Thank this man enough for the help he has given me. Thanks Rich.
2015 FLHXSE aka 2011 FLHXSE2

2015 FLHXSE

Pictures of harness TIF2 built for me to hook speaker leads from bag speakers

2015 FLHXSE

radio harness

2015 FLHXSE

radio harness into HK radio

2015 FLHXSE

more harness

2015 FLHXSE

radio harness

2015 FLHXSE

radio harness TIF2 can build this

2015 FLHXSE

amp 1

2015 FLHXSE

amp 2

2015 FLHXSE

amp 3

2015 FLHXSE

amp 5

2015 FLHXSE

amp 7

2015 FLHXSE

Mounting plate for amp

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD

Thanks for the rite-up on the HT-70.2 amp installed to power JUST the 2-ohm Harley speaker lids.
Nice to see that everything works as it should!!

How is the bass level when using the Harley speakers in the lids?
Thanks again for the post ... looks like this is a pretty viable solution for those wanting to do a relatively easy addition for rear lids.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build

Yep I agree. That Rich Fella is all right.

I will in the very near future have all the parts assembled for the same install on my 2010. Lids are being painted now at Gunslingers. Gogtunes 70.2 Amp and bracket sit waiting.

Quick question as you have done this... I am putting new HW 6.5" in the fairing. The conversion cones look to be about the same depth as the factory mounts they replace, though the speaker itself may be a bit deeper (5.25's are 2.5" deep). Do you think i'm going to have some "real estate" issues with the HogTunes Bracket that can't be dealt with using a dremel tool?
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.