Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT  (Read 27896 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:06:54 AM »

:-[  I thought I'd let you guys know that DCFiremann was injured Saturday at the WV State HOG Rally in Canaan Valley, WV.  He hit a deer on the Ultra and the bike went down.  He was hit hard in the ribs by the handlebars.  

I was riding with him (as a passenger) back to the lodge on the Ultra after a late lunch at Coyote's.  I wanted to go by the resort and pick up a sweatshirt before the vendors packed up due to rain.  I remember glancing at the time (3:36) as I reached for my phone.  About that time, the Dawg said "Oh sh*t!"  Three deer were standing it the road.  A car in the opposite lane slammed on their brakes as the Dawg braked hard.  As brakes  were screeching, the deer cleared the road, but a fawn turned and came back into the path of the bike. The front wheel locked and we skidded (on the deer) until the bike went down on the right-side and slid another 30 yards on the crash bar.  From the blood and hair, it looks as if it rolled under the front wheel and caught on the engine guard before finally coming free and rolling out from under the left saddle bag.  I came off immediately and had already came to a stop before I saw DC flipping over and rolling into the ditch.  I was terrified when he stopped rolling and was not moving at all!  People were already stopped trying to help us up.  I walked away with a scraped hand, sprained ankle and hurt knee.  DC was not so lucky.  He broke a couple ribs, has no skin on the top of his right forearm (despite the long-sleeve sweatshirt he had on), and cut his head above his right eye.  

BTW, both of us were wearing helmets.  Neither of us were strong supporters of helmet laws until now.  DC will tell you, when he feels better and can type, those helmets most likely saved us both.  Both helmets have 1/4" deep scrapes that are 4" long.  The police officer told us we were both lucky.  We are and we know that!  However, as a firefighter and having his own heating/air business, DCFiremann will have physical demands that he will not be able to meet for a few months.  Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers!

Thanks,
TheVgirl
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 03:07:40 AM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: DCFIREMANN INJURED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:36:26 AM »

V,  
Cuts mend, ribs heal and scrapes grow back.  You've got a story to share and not one to mourn.  That's not the most important thing.  It's the only thing.  Very glad you're both ok; or at least ok enough for right now.  Best toughts I can muster flying east to both of you.  If you guys need anything remind him he's got my number.

Don

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:42:21 AM »

Terribly sorry about the accident V and best to you and DC as you heal.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 06:18:31 AM »

Bummer about the accident, but glad that you both survived. As one that survived an accident with a very large scrape on my helmet, I agree totally when it comes to head protection. Being from TX, there are deer everywhere. They scare me much more than cages in this area. Good luck with both of your recoveries.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 06:27:42 AM »

V

Sorry to hear that!
Tell the "Dawg" he is in our thoughts.
We expect to see him at Myrtle beach for the fall rally.
And you also!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 06:50:14 AM »

Hey! V & DC
Sure sorry to hear about the accident, glad your Ok! and wish Dawg a very fast recovery, about the helmets I understand that some feel they are a pain and your not cool looking with them on, but they do save lifes. It's the law in alot of states ( FOR A REASON ) [smiley=soapbox.gif]

Don  

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 07:17:02 AM »

Wish you both a speedy recovery and thank God you were both wearing helmets.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 07:25:15 AM »

V,
That sucked large to read that last night! Damn DAWG! Good job on coming out of it with just those injuries and V was only slighty damaged.. Main thing is your both still with us, thanks to the big guy on high. Bikes can be replaced, but that blows just the same!!
Get well fast!

V,
Glad to hear that you came through that with as little as you got, and I hope that this accident doesn't mess with your head to much, to change your feelings for riding.
Mend and ride..
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

joez28ss

• Senior CVO Member
  • BOXERS RULE!!!!!!

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Gray
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 07:35:17 AM »

V & DC get well soon.
 [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
joez28ss
LIFE SHOULD BE LIVED SO THAT WHEN WE DIE WE WILL BE MISSED.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 07:35:55 AM »

Every now and then i see a post here about a fallen brother/sister.Even tough I am miles away and never saw them in person it makes me feel like a family member got hurt and saddens me deeply.I pray for a full and fast recovery for dawg and v girl.
 Altug[smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 07:44:48 AM »

V,
Sorry to hear about the accident.  I'm glad you guys are ok for the most part and hoping you both have a quick recovery.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 08:02:37 AM »

V and DC, you have the prayers and well wishes from two good friends here.  Holler if there is anything we can do to help out.  See ya on the road soon enough. Heal well and completly.   :)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 08:06:40 AM »

Sorry to hear about the accident. As someone who has "been there done that" I'm glad to hear your both OK. I too am now a strong supporter of helmets for the same reason.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery to both of you.  I've never hit a deer, but did have the opportunity to smack a wild hog in South Texas several years ago and found myself rolling through the prickly pear cactus with my scooter chasing me.  Can still remember it as if it was yesterday.  I'm sure this adventure will leave a lasting impression on both of you, but heal up, get back on and look forward to the great fall riding.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 08:50:56 AM »

V & Dawg,

Hated to hear of your misfortune and injuries, but extremely happy you both avoided really major injuries.  It's incidents like this, where you are the victim of chance, that remind us all of the risks we take to enjoy this great activity.  We can never remove all the risk, but by recognizing it and taking the proper safety precautions we definitely improve our odds for riding another day.  Thank goodness you were both wearing helmets!

I'm sure we will all be offering our prayers for speedy recoveries.  Take care, and keep us informed.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 08:51:55 AM »

V and DC,  thoughts and prayers are with you and I am so glad you'll both get through this event without major damage.

The ribs most likely will be the worst as you say, since it takes some time for them to heal to a point were DC will be able to lift etc.

I got hit once and didn't go down but took 40 plus stitches in my forearm.  Like 2Ln says wounds and breaks heal and we're all glad not to be mourning a loss.

Speedy recovery to you both.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:53:04 AM by Rjob749 »

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »

V & Dawg, sorry to hear about your accident but I thank GOD that you both are OK!
Get Well Soon. :)
Bubba
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 09:13:43 AM »

V and Dawg...so sorry to hear about this misfortune!  Glad you are both not injured too seriously...both of you get well fast!!  SO happy to hear that you were both wearing Helmets!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

My most positive thoughts are with you both!!

Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 09:26:13 AM »

V and Dawg...so sorry to hear about this misfortune!  Glad you are both not injured too seriously...both of you get well fast!!  [highlight]SO happy to hear that you were both wearing Helmets!! [/highlight][smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
My most positive thoughts are with you both!!
Terry

V and DC, I have to second that. We were driving through the area of the HOG rally in Wahsington state this weekend and saw the myriad of different dress that we all wear, t shirts, muscle shirts halter tops etal.  Cindy made the comment she doesn't feel comfortable in shorts or short sleeves.  Keep in mind it was 110 degrees, we talked about my "aero" leather jacket that I bought for CC and we live in a helmet state.

I made the choice to ride to CC with a helmet even in non-helmet states.  Your mishap only cements my decision to ride with the helmets and most likely now its leather too.

As I said above, speedy recovery and a quick return to riding.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 09:27:10 AM by Rjob749 »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

Wow sorry to hear about the wreck TheVgirl and DCFIREMANN. :'(

I am glad you both survived it and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you both. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 09:48:54 AM »

When I read of these things happening, I get that terrible feeling in my gut. Having been there-done that and knowing the pain and feelings members of my extended biker family are going through saddens me deeply. Glad you are both still with us. Hope you have a speedy and comple recovery.
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »

I hope that both of you get well very soon!  I'll be praying for the speedy recovery for you two.

As for the helmets.....I used to be opposed to them too.  After a shattered jaw, I now wear the full face helmet (flip face) full time.  

Terrie went down the first night she wore a full face and scratched up the top left forehead area and the face shield.  I told her that would have been her face had she not had that helmet on......now she wears the flip face full time, also. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 10:06:18 AM »

UPDATE:

Just hung up the phone with DCFiremann's house.  He had a rough night that eventually involved a narcotic-induced sleep.  I have to say the man has a fantastic family and great friends!!  They are trying to take care of his stubborn @$$ despite his stubborness!  He FINALLY consented to go to doctor for a re-check due to the pain.  His ribs are still the major issue, but the arm is a nuisance.  It's draining  and oozing terribly and everything makes it sting!  Maybe it'll provide a small distraction from the ribs!

I'll keep you posted.  I know DCFiremann appreciates your well-wishes.  Wednesday will most likely be the hardest day for him.  It will really hit him when he can't go to the firehouse and do what he loves!!  Thanks guys (and gals)!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:07:02 AM by TheVgirl »

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 10:09:43 AM »

DC & V;
Sorry to hear of the mishap, I wish both of you well, and hope for a speedy recovery!

Take care

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 10:16:34 AM »

UPDATE:
His ribs are still the major issue, but the arm is a nuisance.  It's draining  and oozing terribly and everything makes it sting!  Maybe it'll provide a small distraction from the ribs!
I'll keep you posted.

V, thanks for the update.  Ribs are the worst for sure.

Best wishes for speedy recoveries.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 10:25:47 AM »

Dawg,
          I'll be saying a prayer for you for a speedy recovery. Watch out for that morphine, it brings on the most bizarre nightmares. Looks like MV will be light at the end of the tunnel for another site member.

V
   Glad you are ok. Being a passenger and going down must be the scariest thing.

Vaya con Dios
                     Big B

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 10:31:56 AM »

V...the ribs are the worst because there's really nothing they can do to "set" them other than wrap you up real tight...hurts every time you breathe...I don't know him, but he's obviously a strong man and I'm sure that he will heal as quickly as is possible. The road rash is going to be painful...it is best for it to heal from the inside out...I was burned badly once and have dealt with this kind of injury.  The pain meds are going to be a necessity for a few days, so tell him not to fight it, so whatever the docs say, and he'll be back in the saddle before he knows it.

I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am that you were both wearing helmets...it is a controversial subject, and this is not the place for it, but things would be much worse if not for having them on.

We don't ever want to lose one of our brothers or sisters here, so everyone please think about the choices you make each time you get on your bike.

I am just happy to have both of you still here!!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 10:47:21 AM »

V and DC,
   I'm sorry to hear about the accident.  You both are lucky and should thank the boss for your luck.  I can tell you from experience that broken ribs SUCK.  There is no way possible to get comfortable.......each and every breath is a new experience in PAIN.  But the did their jobs.....I'm glad to hear that everyone is alive.....and sooner or later will recover.  You are both in our thoughts and prayers....

Mrs. and _Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »

Glad to hear you both came through the accident with somewhat minor injuries.  I hope both of you recover quickly.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 11:17:28 AM »

Glad you are OK (all things considered). My wife and I wear helments and after a friend suffered severe road rash, we now wear "flack jackets." Hang tight and big prayers from Texas.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:52 AM »

Thank God you both came through with realitively (compared to what it could have been) mild injuries.  Know Dawg is hurting and I wish you both speedy recovery.  Never be caught without your "brain bucket."  Never know when you'll need it as you can attest.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:32:00 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »

DC and V, Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you both get well soon.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 12:27:34 PM »

DC ,V  -Get well soon. That,s going to play slow motion in your head for a long while. I deal with dear 24/7 within 8 blocks of my house. If you see 1 or 2 be prepaired for 5 or more in any direction,-AK
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:28:31 PM by ak »
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:43 PM »

Please keep us updated on both of your conditions.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 01:10:11 PM »

V,  
[highlight]Cuts mend, ribs heal and scrapes grow back.  You've got a story to share and not one to [/highlight]mourn.  [highlight]That's not the most important thing.  It's the only thing.[/highlight]  Very glad you're both ok; or at least ok enough for right now.  Best toughts I can muster flying east to both of you.  If you guys need anything remind him he's got my number.

Don

Vgirl & The "DAWG",
  Twolane said it all.  Be Thankful.  Ya'll have my number, too.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 01:15:11 PM »

Vgirl, pretty scarey, glad you're not too busted up. DC is hurting, for sure.
Prayers for quick healing going out to both of you.  Should be some kinda law against deer, or at least dumb deer.
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

My wife and I just got back from a 2 wk vacation on the Harleys, and I was saddened to hear about this accident when I logged in for the first time in quite awhile. Vgirl and DC- I hope you heal quickly.  My wife and I had a similar deer accident during the 50th Sturgis rally and I'll never forget it.  Seems like the deer population has really exploded over the years but I don't know what can be done.  A friend of mine who is a self employed Harley mechanic here in Custer hit one by the Custer golf course a year ago last 4th of July.  Broke both bones in his lower right arm.  The accident happened on a clear 80 degree day at 2 in the afternoon in a 35 mph speed zone.  He was doing 35, and the deer just came out of nowhere.  Obviously couldn't work for the rest of the riding season, and sported an external fixator.  -Seems like you're playing Russian roulette every time you hit the highway.
  Anyway, like has been said before, we're just glad you're still with us.  -Steve
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 03:33:24 PM »

V...the ribs are the worst because there's really nothing they can do to "set" them other than wrap you up real tight...hurts every time you breathe...I don't know him, but he's obviously a strong man and I'm sure that he will heal as quickly as is possible. The road rash is going to be painful...it is best for it to heal from the inside out...I was burned badly once and have dealt with this kind of injury.  The pain meds are going to be a necessity for a few days, so tell him not to fight it, so whatever the docs say, and he'll be back in the saddle before he knows it.

I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am that you were both wearing helmets...it is a controversial subject, and this is not the place for it, but things would be much worse if not for having them on.

We don't ever want to lose one of our brothers or sisters here, so everyone please think about the choices you make each time you get on your bike.

I am just happy to have both of you still here!!!

Well said Terry.
DC & V, so glad to hear you both walked away (although Dawg might not feel so hot at the moment), a week or so from now, you might be ready to go see Bambi.
And Dawg, having been there, done that, I have one small bit of advice; [highlight]don't sneeze[/highlight], I did and my whole life passed before my eyes. Did not sneeze again for a year, in fact I'm still afaid to and it has been 6 or 7 years. You better carry a pillow around just in case and if you have to sneeze, hug it tight.
My prayers are with you bro.

Mark Z.

yellowsedeuce

• Senior CVO Member
  • make it two yellows for me

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »

V & DC,

Here's a well wish for your recovery from the left coast.  Am very glad both of you will recover soon.  Take care & can't wait to read about your future rides!

Ken
Yellowsedeuce

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »

V & Dawg,
So sorry to hear about your accident. :( Both of you will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Dawg I know it's going to be hard for you to be still and not be at work, and doing all the things you love. Just remember to do what the doctors say, take your time; heal all the way then you can be back to your normal self.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 07:15:52 PM »

I'm with everyone else on this

Glad - it's not worse - but Sad - because it happened at all

V - I didn't forget your T - please pass my best wishes to Dawg for a speedy recovery with no lasting after effects for either of you

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2006, 07:20:57 PM »

I have one small bit of advice;[highlight]don't sneeze[/highlight]. Did not sneeze again for a year, in fact I'm still afaid to and it has been 6 or 7 years. You better carry a pillow around just in case and if you have to sneeze, hug it tight.

Mark you are so right and take heed DC, I think I actually had a couple of cracked ribs until I sneezed and then I know they were broken.  Nothing worse for sure.  Oh and don't laugh too hard either.....I shouldn't have posted that, oh well, a bit of a chuckle may not hurt at this point. ;D

In all seriousness though don't sneeze.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:23:03 PM by Rjob749 »

hogasm

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »

V and DC

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Time heals all wounds. Get well soon and get back on that horse.

Brian

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2006, 12:20:21 AM »

V and Dawg

Praying for you both! Praise God you were wearing helmets and injuries were limited to what they are. Could have been much worse.

This weekend my wife and I were riding up to church and saw something bouncing thru a bean field. At first I thought it was dog but realized it was bambie when it jumped a ditch and came on the road. I was able to brake and not hit it! Kinda odd to see one at this time of day.

May God heal you both and give you comfort during this time, God Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2006, 12:43:20 AM »

Michael & VGirl,
Damn sorry about your close encounter with one of the less than stellar mental animals on this planet. Hope you both recover quickly and are back in the riding fold as soon as your bodies can bear it. It's important to get back in the saddle and get on with your lives, on and off the road.

Best wishes for speedy recoveries!!
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2006, 05:02:41 AM »

WOW thanks for the response. I am very sore to say the least. This is not my first time with broken ribs, but I hope it is my last. Another round of X RAYS today to find out where the odd color in my urine is coming from. I think the ugliest bruise on my right hip is the culprit.

There is a special bunch of people on the world wide web. I was lucky to find them right here. I thought I only had 2 very close knit familys ( my personel and the Department) wow was I wrong. Thanks again to everyone.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

joez28ss

• Senior CVO Member
  • BOXERS RULE!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2006, 05:45:26 AM »

DAWG glad to hear you doing better.

who knew a bunch of bikers coud be so carring! :'(

joez28ss

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2006, 05:47:35 AM »

[highlight]Every now and then i see a post here about a fallen brother/sister[/highlight].Even tough I am miles away and never saw them in person it makes me feel like a family member got hurt and saddens me deeply.I pray for a full and fast recovery for dawg and v girl.

I'm with Altug on this! Unfortunately this time it was both, Mike I am glad you are on the mend already. I don't envy your prior experience with broken ribs but do wish you & V a fast & full recovery. I hope you are able to ride again before too long. My thoughts are with you both.

PS: I hope the Ultra is not too bad, I'm sure you can repair her!

Best Wishes
Mike   :(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:50:12 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2006, 08:09:56 AM »

Glad to hear you are both alright....thank goodness you were both wearing helmets....if you need any help let us know...we live right around the corner.  I will stop by soon....

napalm
napalm

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2006, 08:34:39 AM »

Dear Dawg and V-Girl....happy that both of you are ok. Remember that you have a big family in this site and all with no exception are praying for you......The helmets save your life, tha's good. Here in Florida is not a law but my wife and I ALWAYS wear those.......who never knows.......

Again, I hope tha you get well soon and see you in MV.

My Best Regards,

Jorge

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2006, 08:51:33 AM »

You are so right, one big happy family here and close ties are made stronger daily.

Good to see you are recovering.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Roger

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 09:51:25 AM »

Dawg,
    Glad to see you back on the board.......Godspeed in your recovery.....

Best wishes from me and Mrs._Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »

:)   :)   :)

Very heart warming to see that you are well enough to come for a visit.  Seriously, if there is any  thing at all we can do for you, please just holler.  

Whatever you do, do not get a cold - as everyone says, and I am sure you remember, coughing is extremely painful for a long - long - long time.   ;)

Get well.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

HEY DC and VGirl,

Best wishing and hoping for a speedy recovery.
At least with your real job good brothers at the house will help make life easier on the floor.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 05:22:23 PM »

Hey Dawg and V sorry I didn't respond earlier but I did not see the post.I'm very glad you both are okay.If there is anything I could do please just ask.Have a healthy and speedy recovery.And hope to see you both at MV. Until then i will say a prayer for the both of you.  Regards,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 05:37:02 PM »

Damn! That's scary!!
Hope you both mend up real quick... thanks for the mention of the helmet use.. I don't wear mine all the time (no helmet law here in Colorado) but you can bet I'll be considering wearing it more often. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 07:28:14 PM »

DAWG & V
SOMEONE WAS LOOKING OVER YOU THAT DAY. GLAD TO HEAR YOUR GOING TO BE OK.
             H-D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2006, 09:23:43 PM »

DC and V,
Happy to hear you're both going to be okay, prayers are with you.
Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2006, 11:46:34 PM »

Special Ed

That picture in your Avitar looks like me about 40 years ago. I can remember as if it was yesterday. After the lights went out and my dad came running into the room, I remember telling him " Fire came out of the wall and bite me!!!" ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2006, 03:12:59 PM »

Special Ed

That picture in your Avitar looks like me about 40 years ago. I can remember as if it was yesterday. After the lights went out and my dad came running into the room, I remember telling him " Fire came out of the wall and bite me!!!" ;D

JR [smiley=banana.gif]
JR you don't hold the patent on 'dumb kid'! I did the same thing, about 58 years ago, with Dad's desk scissors. I have those scissors now.... the ones with the melted tip.  :o [smiley=vrolijk27.gif]
This was not intended to make DC laugh. It's not a laughing matter. Heal, bro, heal.
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2006, 04:55:38 PM »

JR & Garz,
I did something similar too, but when I was young, 3 or 4, I took the tubes out of the TV, live. I remember my parents telling the story of how I came into the kitchen carrying the tubes and asking what they did. I just never stopped taking things apart live, I just found a way to do it with more voltage and get paid for it.

As far as things with "Burnt tips", I try to keep that to a minium! ::) I've had the fire come out and bite me a few times too. It's like being a plumber, sometimes you get wet.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

harleydiva

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »

V and DCFireman ... glad y'all are ok and hope you both are on the mend.  :)   I'm SO glad you were wearing helmets.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]   For those of you who live in states that have "no helmet requirement" laws, just remember that V and DC's injuries could have been much worse had they not been wearing helmets.

Suzanne

jdracing

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:40 PM »

Dawg, really happy to see you're up to talking to us here so soon after the accident, and that you two came through it to tell us about it on the other side.  V, thank you for the report and hope the pain has already faded--you sound as positive as you could possibly be after the experience.  This is the second deer story I've heard in two days--the same thing happened to my co-worker's parents in Minnesota a few days before your incident.  Pretty much the same result.

Hang in there, and thank you for highlighting the importance your helmets played.

Jeff
Fremont, CA

2005 Cherry SEEG, V&H Dresser Duals, Samson Rolled Thunder Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Race Tuner

2005 Sierra Red/Silver Dyna Low Rider (Wife's ride), SE Tapered Mufflers, Ness Big Sucker, and Stage

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2006, 09:13:59 PM »

V and DCFireman.....sorry ya'll went down.  I'm just glad that you're still here and not hurt worse.  I lost a good friend who hit a deer (actually the deer hit him) as he was riding home in the middle of the day......just too many of those critters everywhere these days to not be nervous all the time.  I'm glad to hear that you were both wearing helmets and a decent amt. of clothing to help absorb some of the road rash.  We all experience the pain of going down from time to time, but it is always tough when it's your turn. Get well soon and I'll be looking forward to seeing you in MV.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »

I ride in Northern Wisconsin ,I worry all the time about hitting a deer or bear.I am glad the both of You are going to be ok! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
hdnut

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

I ride in Northern Wisconsin ,I worry all the time about hitting a deer or bear.I am glad the both of You are going to be ok! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Hitting a deer would be terrible.  Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, is just adding insult to injury.

MYCVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • Live to plumb/plumb to ride
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2006, 11:22:45 PM »

Hitting a deer would be terrible.  Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, [highlight]is just adding insult to injury[/highlight].
and maybe then indigestion to boot!
04 SEEG / 05 1200 C / 99 FLSTC / 70 TRIUMPH TROPHY
 ** IT'S A PASSION** NOT A HOBBY**

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2006, 11:29:31 PM »

Hitting a deer would be terrible.  Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, is just adding insult to injury.
I think if I was wandering around that far north, I'd be more worried about hitting Bullwinkle. Now those suckers are big!

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2006, 11:54:48 PM »

I think if I was wandering around that far north, I'd be more worried about hitting Bullwinkle. Now those suckers are big!

Jerry

Oh, no kidding.  Hell, you could ride underneath them.  I remember Spiderman telling a Mainer's story awhile back about moose.  But I'll never forget a ride I took up the Maine coast one day.  Had started at Ellsworth and just kept going.  Even followed a goose across the border that afternoon.

Everything up there is small towns and rural.  So along the road are the occasional stores that have fuel, groceries, basic supplies, the whole thing.  I'd stopped to fill up then parked the bike over to the side to go in to the little store and kill fifteen minutes chatting up the locals and resting my butt.  Walked out 15 or 20 minutes later and absent mindedly wandered toward the bike only to look up and see Bullwinkle.  

This large economy sized boy-type moose was just standing there looking at the bike.  To this day I still think he had amorous intentions toward it.  But this thing was simply huge.  Towered over the bike (and me!).  I'm sure I probably swallowed my gum as I kind of stumbled back toward the store.  Then Bullwinkle slowly, on a pace completely all his own, just wandered away.  That was definitely an "oh chit" moment though.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »

Hey 2LnRdr........great recount on the parking lot encounter.  you had me right there w/ you.  [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] har!  spyder
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:19:17 AM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »

This large economy sized boy-type moose was just standing there looking at the bike.  To this day I still think [highlight]he had amorous intentions [/highlight]toward it.  But this thing was simply huge.  Towered over the bike (and me!).  I'm sure I probably swallowed my gum as I kind of stumbled back toward the store.  Then Bullwinkle slowly, on a pace completely all his own, just wandered away.  That was definitely an "oh chit" moment though.

Any animal a human can fool into thinking they are a moose by holding a paddle over their head, has to be smart enough to know that the horns (handle bars) on your bike are much more inviting.  Most likely had a d00dilicious OCD moment before he came to his senses....no not d00d, the moose.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2006, 12:31:13 AM »

has to be smart enough to know that the horns (handle bars) on your bike are much more inviting.  Most likely had a d00dilicious OCD moment before he came to his senses....no not d00d, the moose.

That was a Road King too.  So its antlers did stick out there nice and pretty.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2006, 12:41:48 AM »

That was a Road King too.  So its antlers did stick out there nice and pretty.

Let me at those chrome honeys

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2006, 01:27:01 AM »

[highlight] Hitting something that you'll likely just piss off enough to then want to eat you, however, is just adding insult to injury [/highlight]  
[smiley=ROFLOL.gif]

Don, that sums it up magnificently ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2006, 01:27:53 AM »

Get well soon... and get back into the saddle. God Speed.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2006, 06:37:58 AM »

As somebody who just went through the going down thing in March, I can definatelly sympathize with you. I was definately lucky also and wearing a helmet thankfully. I went from one who hardly ever wore a helmet to one that almost always wears one now. I also went through the broken ribs along with a seperated shoulder and yes it just plain hurts to cough, laugh and especially sneeze. I wish you the best on your recovery and my prayers are with you. I, myself am a Police Officer and we, like fireman, kind of have our own special family amongst our co-workers. I am sure your brothers will take good care of you!
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2006, 11:01:37 AM »

I watched a Discovery TV Sturgis program a while ago and remember that Peter Fonda hit a deer in one of his trips to Sturgis and he makes a brindis :BEER FOR A DEER  [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif] everytime that he passes for the same place...so DC and V...you can do the same and still enjoy the life!!!

I'm glad that you guys are ok and get well soon......

Jorge

Eqcons

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • A Harley isn't just for Christmas, it's for LIFE!

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »

Glad to hear you both came off not too badly in the circumstances! Here in the Scottish highlands, we have deer all over the place - they live in my garden, even, so I know what the fear of hitting one is. Missed one (in the car!) yesterday by a coat of paint as it ran out of nowhere across the road.

Get well soon, both of you!

Jim
'14 FLHTKSE
'94 Ford Escort Cosworth, 320BHP & just 19,000 miles, owned since new
'17 Ford Focus RS
'21 Toyota GR Yaris

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2006, 08:14:23 AM »

Thanks again to everyone. I am still sore as hell but making progress. If it wasn't for the ribs I would be good to go. Fun day today, get to see the FD Doctor. I can't wait wait to hear the reaction.

V is making great progress also with the exception of her right ankel. She gives me hell about not laying around and taking it easy, I think she needs to take care of that ankel. After all we need to be healed up for MV.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2006, 10:11:29 AM »

Thanks again to everyone. I am still sore as hell but making progress. If it wasn't for the ribs I would be good to go. Fun day today, get to see the FD Doctor. I can't wait wait to hear the reaction.
Be Safe
THE DAWG

Oh boy, not the motorcycle lecture I hope...........oh well, the ribs, well as you know those puppies are going to keep talking to you for awhile longer than the Doc.  

Can't recall how long exactly, but I do remember I broke or cracked mine the last week of September hunting in New Mexico (not a hunting thing, stupid guy trick) and when I sneezed in my Jeep a month later while bumping along a mountain trail in the dust.......well, I think that actually fractured one of them that was most likely well on the way to healing.....damn that sneeze hurt and I knew it was coming and couldn't do a damn thing about it either.

Speedy recovery and good luck with the Doc [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2006, 01:16:09 AM »

Oh boy, not the motorcycle lecture I hope...........oh well, the ribs, well as you know those puppies are going to keep talking to you for awhile longer than the Doc.  

Can't recall how long exactly, but I do remember I broke or cracked mine the last week of September hunting in New Mexico (not a hunting thing, stupid guy trick) and when I sneezed in my Jeep a month later while bumping along a mountain trail in the dust.......well, I think that actually fractured one of them that was most likely well on the way to healing.....damn that sneeze hurt and I knew it was coming and couldn't do a damn thing about it either.

Speedy recovery and good luck with the Doc [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

No no motorcycle lecture, even I was suprised. Did tell me since I saw my personel doc first, I would need a note from her before they would let me return to duty!!!!! Man it is a good thing I am on my own sick leave!!! I could milk this one thill the end of the year.

No reply from "V" that suprises me toooo.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2006, 01:59:15 AM »

Well, you see, my momma taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  

But you wanted a response, so here ya go!  I don't have to tell anyone on here how stubborn you are or that you're going to overdo it!!  They all were just as surprised as I was that you signed on and was typing with broken ribs or that you'd entertain the idea of riding Pumpkin home (even in a narcotic-induced stupor) so soon after the accident!!  I'm just glad you care more about that bike than you do yourself!  At least you won't take any chances breaking it!!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 02:14:12 AM by TheVgirl »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2006, 02:09:14 AM »

Well, you see, my momma taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!            [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Tee hee, now now.............................

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2006, 06:14:29 AM »

[highlight]Well, you see, my momma taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!![/highlight]   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  
That's what my momma said also.  She relented after I remained mute for six months. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Jerry

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2006, 09:06:49 AM »

Well, you see, [highlight]my momma taught me that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!![/highlight]   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  

I would like that my wife apply this thought from your mom.......... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Take care V and get well soon.....

Jorge

joez28ss

• Senior CVO Member
  • BOXERS RULE!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2006, 03:15:52 PM »

Vgirl

I think that hurt more than his ribs do!!!

joez28ss

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2006, 01:22:55 AM »

Vgirl

I think that hurt more than his ribs do!!!

joez28ss

The shot didn't hurt but the laugh did. She can take it as well as dish it out!!!!! Stand by V.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2006, 01:42:59 AM »

Well you could have gave them an update while you were here!  

UPDATE:  JUST PLAIN STUBBORN!

During our earlier phone conversation, I was pleased to learn that you can teach an old Dawg new tricks!!!   LOL!  He's actually learning to rest and take it easy instead of trying to do everything as if he's not hurt.  He even accepted help from his brother and friends today!  Isn't that amazing????

Actually, DC is like the Energizer Bunny.  He's typically always on the go and rarely stops.  As Duane and Fired00d will tell you, firefighters are used to "running a tight ship" with everything in its place.  The fact that he can't do anything is killing him!  His normal routine was take a painkiller, be miserable until it took effect, be fooled into thinking he was ok by reduction of pain, then he'd try to clean up or work or TYPE, then the painkiller would wear off and he couldn't figure out why he hurt so badly!!!  Saturday and Sunday, he slept or rested just about all day.  It obviously did some good because he said he can get up/down better and it is easier to get out of bed.  So, progress is made.  I just hope he doesn't do something stupid and reinjure himself!  It'd be a shame for Punkin to sit over at Zippers waiting on him!  

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2006, 05:26:22 PM »

Well you could have gave them an update while you were here!  

UPDATE:  [highlight]JUST PLAIN STUBBORN![/highlight]
During our earlier phone conversation, I was pleased to learn that you can teach an old Dawg new tricks!!!   LOL!  He's actually learning to rest and take it easy instead of trying to do everything as if he's not hurt.  He even accepted help from his brother and friends today!  Isn't that amazing????

Actually, DC is like the Energizer Bunny.  He's typically always on the go and rarely stops.  As Duane and Fired00d will tell you, firefighters are used to "running a tight ship" with everything in its place.  [highlight]The fact that he can't do anything is killing him! [/highlight] His normal routine was take a painkiller, be miserable until it took effect, be fooled into thinking he was ok by reduction of pain, then he'd try to clean up or work or TYPE, then the painkiller would wear off and he couldn't figure out why he hurt so badly!!!  Saturday and Sunday, he slept or rested just about all day.  It obviously did some good because he said he can get up/down better and it is easier to get out of bed.  So, progress is made. [highlight]I just hope he doesn't do something stupid and reinjure himself!  It'd be a shame for Punkin to sit over at Zippers waiting on him!  [/highlight]

Well he has been laying around. He is still sore as hell (ribs only). Road rash looking good. The deep bruise on the right hip(that I never knew I had) is clearing up. Get to see my FD doctor on 8/11 and I think I may get to go back to work. It sure is boring just hanging around the house watching every hunting,fishing and history TV shows. But hey it's just like getting another education.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2006, 05:30:12 PM »

Well he has been laying around. He is still sore as hell (ribs only). Road rash looking good. The deep bruise on the right hip(that I never knew I had) is clearing up. Get to see my FD doctor on 8/11 and I think I may get to go back to work. It sure is boring [highlight]just hanging around the house watching every hunting,fishing and history TV shows[/highlight]. But hey it's just like getting another education.
Be SafeTHE DAWG

Don't just watch, sign up for a couple of them.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2006, 12:28:37 AM »

Mikey (Dawg),

It sure is boring just hanging around the house watching every hunting,fishing and history TV shows.

You think your bored try being home/hospital as long as I have (going on 15 weeks).   I am really glad to hear your doing better.   I was gonna send you some good jokes to make you laugh, but figured that was cruel and unusual punishment on the ribs, since I know how bad those can hurt :)

Best Wishes,

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SERYDER

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2006, 03:15:53 AM »

V & DC Get Well SOON
04 FLHTCSE Blue
01 FLTRI W/ 95ci SE top end
51 Pan
74 NORTON 850 Commando "HI-RIDER"

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »

Well THE DAWG is healing slow but healing. I did ride yesterday for about a half hour. Man that hurt like hell.  Not to mention being paranoid about all of the deer up here in the mountains. So I guess I need to take it easy for a while. It sucks not being able to ride long distance.

I am going to try to pick Punkin up at Zippers on Friday. I am not sure if I can stay on a bike over an hour.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »

Well THE DAWG is healing slow but healing. I did ride yesterday for about a half hour. Man that hurt like hell.  Not to mention being paranoid about all of the deer up here in the mountains. So I guess I need to take it easy for a while. It sucks not being able to ride long distance.

[highlight]I am going to try to pick Punkin up at Zippers on Friday. I am not sure if I can stay on a bike over an hour.[/highlight]

Be Safe

THE DAWG

The Dawg,
If Punkin has got the 113 muscle package it sounds like it could be a very pain full trip. I wish I was there to ride her back for you!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2006, 03:57:47 PM »

Hey Dawg,
                 Thanks for the laugh on the comment about how boring it gets hanging around the house. Even with 100 plus channels on cable I have gotten to where I am watching Ellen, Oprah and Tyra  ok, well Tyra we can understand but the other two is an indication I need to get off the percocet  LOL  

Anyway, hope you are mending well. Looks like we are going to have to have a survivors club mini gathering at MV and say a few prayers of thanks and swap horror stories.  Take care

Adios
            Big B

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2006, 09:30:37 PM »

Hey Dawg,
                 Thanks for the laugh on the comment about how boring it gets hanging around the house. Even with 100 plus channels on cable I have gotten to where I am watching Ellen, Oprah and Tyra  ok, well Tyra we can understand but the other two is an indication I need to get off the percocet  LOL  

Anyway, hope you are mending well. Looks like we are going to have to have a survivors club mini gathering at MV and say a few prayers of thanks and swap horror stories.  Take care

Adios
            Big B

Hell I have over 100 chanels and still get bored. One good thing I have been off the percocet for 10 days now. Just living with the pain and I am able to get around so I guess it isn't that bed.

Get well soon B. See you in ????? Many days.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2006, 09:31:56 PM »

The Dawg,
If Punkin has got the 113 muscle package it sounds like it could be a very pain full trip. I wish I was there to ride her back for you!

Cheers
Aussie

AUSSIE that is why baby brother is standing by. He can't wait. I could ruin his day and pick her up on a trailer!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2006, 08:41:57 PM »

Well I saw my FD Doctor today. What a crock. Failed my back to duty physical. So I am still on SL. Was refered for an MRI and to see an Ortho Surgeon. All over a few broken ribs.

This sucks!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2006, 08:57:13 PM »

Well I saw my FD Doctor today. What a crock. Failed my back to duty physical. So I am still on SL. Was refered for an MRI and to see an Ortho Surgeon. All over a few broken ribs.

This sucks!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Dawg,
That really does suck. Good luck and hope things work out for you and you're able to get back to duty soon.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
RIde Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2006, 08:58:44 PM »

Well I saw my FD Doctor today. What a crock. Failed my back to duty physical. So I am still on SL. Was refered for an MRI and to see an Ortho Surgeon. [highlight]All over a few [/highlight][highlight]broken ribs.[/highlight]

This sucks!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

DAWG,
  Glad you're gettin' well!  You must be one tough OL' HOMBRE!  When I had broken ribs, it hurt somthin' awful!  Every waking moment!  Want me to send you some "Deer Whistles?"  They're in every Truck Stop, here.  I ain't pokin' fun, niether, so don't start no chit!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2006, 09:01:29 PM »

Dawg,
         Sorry you didn't pass your back to work, but look at it this way- - - - More time to scheme and dream your next H-D project. I don't even dare speak the number out loud of $$ this down time has cost me so far.LOL

Hope the pain level  is down a bit and you can laugh at the whole thing.  Maybe you're gonna be like me, I come off SL just in time for my vacation to MV. My boss is overjoyed . I told him it was either that or I take two months next year and disappear.

FYI, I kicked the Percocet three days ago and am on low dose Vicodin and doin fine. Figured if an ole Dawg like you could go without the heavy meds, so could I. Thanks for the inspiration. Take care

Big B
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:03:01 PM by SPIDERMAN »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2006, 09:11:08 PM »

DAWG,
  Glad you're gettin' well!  You must be one tough OL' HOMBRE!  When I had broken ribs, it hurt somthin' awful!  Every waking moment!  [highlight]Want me to send you some "Deer Whistles[/highlight]?"  They're in every Truck Stop, here.  I ain't pokin' fun, niether, so don't start no chit!  [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Later--HUBBARD

OH HELL YES!!!!!!! Hub I use to see them on peoples front fenders and laugh. NOT ANYMORE!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2006, 09:13:50 PM »

OH HELL YES!!!!!!! Hub I use to see them on peoples front fenders and laugh. NOT ANYMORE!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

PM me your address, and I'll ship you some "Chrome", ones, in the morning.  Later--HUBBARD

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2006, 09:14:31 PM »

Be SafeTHE DAWG

Here's a thread on whistles, looks like the electronic ones do the job and the wind driven don't.  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1150141074/3#3
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 09:14:54 PM by Rjob749 »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2006, 09:14:59 PM »

Dawg,
         Sorry you didn't pass your back to work, but look at it this way- - - - More time to scheme and dream your next H-D project. I don't even dare speak the number out loud of $$ this down time has cost me so far.LOL

Hope the pain level  is down a bit and you can laugh at the whole thing.  Maybe you're gonna be like me, I come off SL just in time for my vacation to MV. My boss is overjoyed . I told him it was either that or I take two months next year and disappear.

[highlight]FYI, I kicked the Percocet three days ago and am on low dose Vicodin and doin fine[/highlight]. Figured if an ole Dawg like you could go without the heavy meds, so could I. Thanks for the inspiration. Take care

Big B

"B" that is great. The doctor put some hard pressure on me today. To tell you the truth I tried to hold on but couldn't. He squeezed me so hard he made my ribs crack. Man I was ready to cry it hurt so bad. I just kept a straight face and acted like it didn't hurt. After the cracking incident it was off for some x rays. He knew I was Bull S^&ting him.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2006, 09:17:15 PM »

"B" that is great. The doctor put some hard pressure on me today. To tell you the truth I tried to hold on but couldn't. He squeezed me so hard he made my ribs crack. Man I was ready to cry it hurt so bad. I just kept a straight face and acted like it didn't hurt. After the cracking incident it was off for some x rays. He knew I was Bull S^&ting him.
Be SafeTHE DAWG

DC, that makes me hurt just thinking about it.  Hope it doesn't impede your progress.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2006, 09:07:32 AM »

Sorry to hear you didn't pass the pyhsical.  How was the bike ride?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »

Sorry to hear you didn't pass the pyhsical.  How was the bike ride?

I didn't even get to go down to Zippers to pick up Punkin. The other day I took my brothers FLHTC down to the local dealer for a dyno tune. That 30 minute ride hurt like hell not to mention me being scared to death that some dumb ass deer would like to take another shot at me.

I guess I am just a little impatient. I want to be 100% and right now not in 5 or 6 weeks.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2006, 04:17:14 PM »

Hey Dawg,
                I lived in Maine for 44 years. Only hit a deer once. I think it's one to a customer thing. Don't let the past spoil the future

Big B

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
  • It's called Sanity, but maybe it's me that's crazy
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »

V & DC-

Glad to hear you're both gonna be ok... breaks and scrapes will heal.

Later-
The "Rebel"

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2006, 08:10:38 PM »

Good News Today. My Doctor cleared me to go back to work (even with a broken rib) added a few meds and told me to be careful! Now if I can only get by my FD Doctor everthing will be OK!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and support.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

Good News Today. My Doctor cleared me to go back to work (even with a broken rib) added a few meds and told me to be careful! Now if I can only get by my FD Doctor everthing will be OK!!!!
Be SafeTHE DAWG

WooHoo, great news, just don't get into any bear hugs.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2006, 09:05:41 PM »

Be Safe

THE DAWG
Dawg,
Glad to hear the good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you when you see the FD doctor. I know if he clears you the people on your shift will take care of you at work.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »

Dawg,
Glad to hear the good news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you when you see the FD doctor. I know [highlight]if he clears you the people on your shift will take care of you at work.[/highlight]
 [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

YOU KNOW IT!!!!!! It's all about THE BROTHERHOOD!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2006, 09:46:28 PM »

Hey Dawg ,
                   What did the FD Doc say ? Good to go I hope  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  A lot of my highschool buddies are FD in Maine and d00d spoke gospel when he said your FD bros would look out for you.

Adios
         Big B

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2006, 05:34:07 AM »

Hey Dawg ,
                   What did the FD Doc say ? Good to go I hope  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  A lot of my highschool buddies are FD in Maine and d00d spoke gospel when he said your FD bros would look out for you.

Adios
         Big B

"B" will see the FD doc on Wednesday and hope to working with my shift on Thursday.

Will keep you posted.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »

Good luck with the Doc tomorrow Dawg       [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2006, 02:48:37 AM »

Yeah, I echo what Spiderman said..........best of luck with the FD-MD! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Joe
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:49:16 AM by CVOJOE »

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2006, 04:11:16 AM »

They called and rescheduled his appointment from Wednesday to Thursday morning....

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2006, 06:26:13 PM »

They called and rescheduled his appointment from Wednesday to Thursday morning....

DC sorry to hear that they rescheduled your appointment.  It just gives you an extra day before you can dazzle the FD Doc.  You will be in my prays that you return to work ASAP [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  Please let us all know what the FD Doc tells you.

Ride Often - Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2006, 07:45:05 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that '" THE DAWG " is cleared to go back to work. It was tough but I did OK in the torture chamber. It was kinda funny you are in a big city police and fire clinic and when you walk out of the room ( this place has about 10 ex rooms) and there are a couple of guys in the hall waiting to get a report. Then they are on the cell phones. I guess I should be happy that my guys are looking out for me. The crew I work with has called about 4 times today trying to make plans for next fridays meal. It seems we will be doing BBQ. We just have not decided what we are actually going to do. BRISKET and RIBS!!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone on the board for the encourgement and good wishes. And a special thanks to "V" for all of the help along the way.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2006, 08:02:21 PM »

Go get 'em DAWG, just don't try to get 'em all at once [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Great news, take it easy.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »

Dawg,
Glad to here you got the "ok" from the doc. Now you can go back to work and take it easy. ;)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »

Dawg,
         Glad to hear you got the good to go from the doc. Now you can work for a month and then take some leave time to get on down to MV    [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

B B

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:31 PM »

Glad to hear you've been given the OK Michael! Hey at least they're not cooking up some venison right? [smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif] Man, that's sick huh ? [smiley=oops.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2006, 08:47:23 PM »

Bless ya Bro, great news! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »

Glad to hear you've been given the OK Michael! Hey at least they're not cooking up some venison right? [smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif] Man, that's sick huh ? [smiley=oops.gif]

CVOJOE I just got home from a bar run. Having a good time after all the good news today. I have got to say I laughed my ass off after reading your post.

Thanks to everyone for the replys and JOE keep up the good work!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2006, 11:58:30 PM »

DAWG, it's great to hear that news [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  Now that you are going back to work don't forget the old saying.  [highlight]"Let's be careful out there"[/highlight]

Ride Often - Ride Safe  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 21 queries.