Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Scraping Floorboards = Riding Scared  (Read 20354 times)

Lennyiti

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
Re: Scraping Floorboards = Riding Scared
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »

I found the scraping quite distrubing. I had previously owned a Deuce and a 07 CVO Springer both with forward controls and rarely touched anything. I first put on Progressive shocks, keep you money in your wallet, not much help if any at all. I then put on forward controls off a FX Softail. Problem solved and I love the bike. I also found the boards were annoying at freeway speeds at certain RPMs, my feet would tend to wander back all the time. The forward controls are a godsend. The seat although was comfortable before is even better now since my body is canted slightly different.

Millmutt 
could you post some pictures of the other side with the kick stand down and up please? I am looking into doing the same thing maybe. How did it affect your reach to the shifter and brake? Do they feel closer or farther than stock?
Thanks again

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Scraping Floorboards = Riding Scared
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »

The actual floor board may drag a little, but the bracket usually hits first. It took me a while to get use to the lean angle and I still scrape them in the mountains. See the picture of my bracket, the floor board only has a really small scratch on it.

Craig
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 4.546 seconds with 21 queries.