Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: '12 CVO RGC Clutch and Brake Lines........  (Read 5884 times)

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
'12 CVO RGC Clutch and Brake Lines........
« on: May 02, 2012, 12:36:32 AM »

I was curious if anyone knows who makes the black braided clutch and upper brake line that comes stock on the '12 CVO RGC's? I am getting close to getting a new set of bars, but can't find anyone who has lines that match what comes on the bike?

I have emailed a few people (vendors) and no dice. My dealer is not sure if they can get me HD lines that match but are longer.......?

Thanks
FM

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: '12 CVO RGC Clutch and Brake Lines........
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 08:55:29 AM »

I think HD makes them longer or some one makes one that matches.  I know a guy who had the local dealer put 14" apes on his brown CVO glide and they had to do longer lines.  If I remember right it looked just like stock cables.

I just sent the Local HD dealer service manager and e-mail about it as they did the work on the other CVO with the apes.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »

I think HD makes them longer or some one makes one that matches.  I know a guy who had the local dealer put 14" apes on his brown CVO glide and they had to do longer lines.  If I remember right it looked just like stock cables.

I just sent the Local HD dealer service manager and e-mail about it as they did the work on the other CVO with the apes.

Dave thank you so much this will be helpful. I am debating between 12 and 14 inch bars but want to find lines that match. I know some might see this as ridiculous, but it would drive me crazy if the lines don't match.......

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

Sounds reasonable to me.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »

So I have a vendor telling me the only black stainless lines they can get are from Magnum Shielding and that I would need to replace all of the brake lines because the upper magnum brake line to the abs box, will not work with stock lines for mid and lower.....

Has anyone heard of this?

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:13:49 AM »

BS! You can change only the tops, but I don't think they will match the stock lower lines. Cosmetically, the Magnum are nicer looking.

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »

So I have a vendor telling me the only black stainless lines they can get are from Magnum Shielding and that I would need to replace all of the brake lines because the upper magnum brake line to the abs box, will not work with stock lines for mid and lower.....

Has anyone heard of this?

Not true...buddy with 14" apes on his 2012 CVO Road Glide just had to change the clutch and top brake line only and was able to use the stock lines from the ABS module and the lowers. However, they don't match "exactly"...not a big deal to him but if you are one of those "detailed" type of individual (I'm guilty), it would drive me nuts!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 08:26:18 PM »

My dealer is telling me Burley makes black braided cables that are a close match to stock, that is what they have used on two other CVOs with 14 apes.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 05:58:40 PM »

Well I got a sample from Magnum on their Black Pearl lines, and it's completely different than the stock lines, but looks fantastic IMO, tries to photograph but not coming out good in the picks, nice dar black weave pattern and clear tubing over it.

Was told by a vendor that the upper line for Magnum is 2 piece and not 1 piece and that's why if I went with their setup could not just swap the upper line.

Still haven't decided on handlebars though......

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »

yes, the upper is 2 piece (personally didn't like that), still don't see what that has to do with swaping the lower line?

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »

yes, the upper is 2 piece (personally didn't like that), still don't see what that has to do with swaping the lower line?

Nothing except that the magnum stuff doesn't match my stock stuff........

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 06:27:31 PM »

oh, yes that is true, I do not see any compatability issues though. The one thing I didn't like when I ran the Magnum lines on my RG was that the connection for the 2 piece upper line was right where the bend was was. The upper portion went from the master cylinder into the fairing, then there was a connector to the piece that went back to the ABS module. The connector was right in the arch in the fairing (hope that makes sense).

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »

oh, yes that is true, I do not see any compatability issues though. The one thing I didn't like when I ran the Magnum lines on my RG was that the connection for the 2 piece upper line was right where the bend was was. The upper portion went from the master cylinder into the fairing, then there was a connector to the piece that went back to the ABS module. The connector was right in the arch in the fairing (hope that makes sense).

I have never seen it but I understand what you mean, this is how it was explained to me as well. Magnum says they do it this way because then if you change bars later you only need to replace the first part.......

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 08:25:07 PM »

Paul Yaffee tells me "If you want to choose a taller bar we do have install kits in Black Diamond."  He also said he runs the 10" on his road glides, one year he did 12" but the following went back to 10"  These are the road glides he rides to Sturgis each year.  He say his seat is 3 inches lower than stock, he is 6'.

He tells me PYO 10" no cable or wire change needed, the 12" require new lines and wire extenders.

Decisions decisions.

I was shocked when it was Paul who replied to two of my e-mails and talked to me on the phone.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »

Paul Yaffee tells me "If you want to choose a taller bar we do have install kits in Black Diamond."  He also said he runs the 10" on his road glides, one year he did 12" but the following went back to 10"  These are the road glides he rides to Sturgis each year.  He say his seat is 3 inches lower than stock, he is 6'.

He tells me PYO 10" no cable or wire change needed, the 12" require new lines and wire extenders.

Decisions decisions.

I was shocked when it was Paul who replied to two of my e-mails and talked to me on the phone.

Good to know, he's very involved, I found out when I was helping a buddy with his RG last year and he ordered a bunch of stuff and we would call with some questions and he would answer, lol.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.