Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac 2.25 cores  (Read 2077 times)

Hammbone

• Junior CVO Member
Fullsac 2.25 cores
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:05:53 PM »

I received Fullsac 2.25 cores yesterday via UPS right on schedule and with help from a buddy we installed them on my 2012 SESG... It barely took 2 hours. they sound good, they are not to loud...I am on 6 to 8 week waiting list for xpipes and tts tuner....I hope they get here soon ready to get that cat out and unleash the beast....and nice little bonus I received a 10% discount for being a member of this CVO Forum and nice Fullsac Tshirt and beer coozie.
Pretty good sound for $125....really it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they were a little louder I am hoping after putting xpipes on and getting rid of cat it will be just right. I don't know how much the cat affects the sound?
Semper Fi

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Fullsac 2.25 cores
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »

I received Fullsac 2.25 cores yesterday via UPS right on schedule and with help from a buddy we installed them on my 2012 SESG... It barely took 2 hours. they sound good, they are not to loud...I am on 6 to 8 week waiting list for xpipes and tts tuner....I hope they get here soon ready to get that cat out and unleash the beast....and nice little bonus I received a 10% discount for being a member of this CVO Forum and nice Fullsac Tshirt and beer coozie.
Pretty good sound for $125....really it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they were a little louder I am hoping after putting xpipes on and getting rid of cat it will be just right. I don't know how much the cat affects the sound?

Getting the cat out will make it louder, plus as the baffles "break in" they will get a bit louder.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »

Getting the cat out will make it louder, plus as the baffles "break in" they will get a bit louder.

Could you explain the "break in" statement?
I guess I'm not understanding how they do this? I have not noticed any increase in noise in the past 3 years, but maybe it gradual??

:nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »

Could you explain the "break in" statement?
I guess I'm not understanding how they do this? I have not noticed any increase in noise in the past 3 years, but maybe it gradual??

:nixweiss:

inside of the cans are wrapped with an insulation.  over time the insulation burns up and is blown out.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »

inside of the cans are wrapped with an insulation.  over time the insulation burns up and is blown out.

:2vrolijk_21:   It is gradual, Mike, so you may not even realize it.  It's not a HUGE difference, but there is a difference...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »

X2
DND

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:04 PM »

inside of the cans are wrapped with an insulation.  over time the insulation burns up and is blown out.

Gotcha.....not the baffles, just the packing!
I replaced my packing (Lexx MXe Premium Silencer Packing) about 30k miles ago, still nice and quiet, I'm going to pull them out to take a peek when I get done with my Pan project (hopefully this week)
 8)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:03:01 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

stestrglde

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »

I agree Hammbonne, I put in 2.0 baffles and still have in my cat and was hoping for a bit more sound when I d-cat my head pipes. I still have in all my original packing  and may take a look at getting rid of some of it to get me to the sound Im looking for. Good luck to both of us

Hammbone

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 01:02:01 AM »

Well Im a newbie on this site so i dont know if this reply goes to everyone who commented or just to stestrglde the last one who replied?... But here it goes.....I did not put any packing back in at all, as I heard a bike with the 2.0 cores installed on a identical bike to mine and did not think it was at all to loud....as many people on this site i think im looking for maximum sound out of my 110 cu without drowning out my sound system...I fm glad to hear that it will putla little more sound  out after cat is out...(I figured it would) I never did check to see if  i would void my warrenty by putiing cores in myself?????? Surley not i would think....Im sure i could handle the x pipe install easy enough...but the tuner has me a liitle freaked out....warrenty and my limited computer skills ...lol...I will check with dealership (Worth HD Kansas City) I talked to a wrench who said he was very impressed by whole fullsac system...he has put in the stage II kit with the andrews 254h cam and said the specs werent far from the oem 255's once again a little our of my mechanical real....but trust his experiances...i guess after after the exhaust system start looking at cams......thanks for the replys learned alot,,,Hammbone
Semper Fi

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.