Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indicator Lights  (Read 913 times)

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Indicator Lights
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »

I took my 2011 Convertible out over the weekend and noticed that none of the lights on the chrome indicator panel were working, apart from the red OIL lamp which came on (dimly) when I switched ignition (run) on but then went out as soon as the engine started. All the lights and main beam were working but just not showing up on the indicator panel. After a day out, with a few stops, the panel suddenly started working. Went out to check it this morning and they'd stopped working again. Has anyone here experienced this problem? Is this the BCM problem?

For info since I had the speedo and associated cabling replaced about 2000 mile ago I've had no clock resets.

Any help / info would be much appreciated as I'm planning to take it on a long ride in a couple of weeks.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
Re: Indicator Lights
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »

Maybe you have a loose connector.  When they did the clock, maybe the connectors weren't locked in all the way.  Have the dealer take a look.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Indicator Lights
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »

Took bike to my local dealer today. They checked all connections but think it's an earthing problem in the panel or speedo and are going to replace them with the associated wiring loom. According to the dealer there were no diagnostic alarms although there was an historic BCM alarm, but he didn't think this was connected with the fault.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.