Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Luggage rack Led spoiler light.  (Read 1164 times)

Blazn

Luggage rack Led spoiler light.
« on: May 18, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »

Has anyone added the rear luggage rack with the spoiler led light?
 My local dealer claims that it is impossible to do. I subscribe to the "roman rule" "the man who says it can't be done should never get in the way of the man doing it". I can probably figure it out on my own but I thought that I would ask around. The light kit comes with a plug in harness that works on other older softails but it does not fit the conv wiring harness. I think the harness can be hard wired in. What do you think?

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Luggage rack Led spoiler light.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »

My local dealer here in the UK had no problem installing it on my 2011. The LED light works well, however as the connector is under the rider seat it is a bit of a hassle connecting and disconnecting it every time you want to change the config of the bike. Personally I like to ride with no pillion seat or bags. I think someone on this site did convert the supplied connection cable to an external accessible connector.

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »

Yes, my wife put the "Air Wing Two-up Luggage Rack" on her 2012.  Like Cliffy said, the connector is under the seat and you have to remove the seat to connect/disconnect the plug.  And this part (54292-11) that is in the catalog says it will fit a FLSTSE2/3.
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »

Has anyone added the rear luggage rack with the spoiler led light?
 My local dealer claims that it is impossible to do. I subscribe to the "roman rule" "the man who says it can't be done should never get in the way of the man doing it". I can probably figure it out on my own but I thought that I would ask around. The light kit comes with a plug in harness that works on other older softails but it does not fit the conv wiring harness. I think the harness can be hard wired in. What do you think?

I assume its Buckeye, the guys that bought out Gary.  What can you expect froma dealer that has such ugly shirts.

Ex Ohio Guy
Chains
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 06:31:02 AM »

I had the luggage rack fitted and the plug socket adapter just sits under the flap on the back of the seat so its just a couple of seconds to take the plug out and remove the rack.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.