Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: my 2012 cvo ultra frame is being replaced by HD , help !!!  (Read 3525 times)

fattner

• my 2012 cvo ,thankgod for harleys and star bucks

Try not to laugh too hard as Im cryin inside , I took my 2012 cvo ultra in for 5000 mile serivce and the factory tech advised me that my frame was bent !!! holy shxt are you kidding me ??? look I m very "anal" bout my bike I alway clean my bike after every ride and clean under my bike ,including the frame ,so to say the least I was shocked  !!! I went back to the service center and the tech showed me the bend in the  under bar of the frame on the pipes side and he was correct ,I always thought it was a slight factory bend but after seeing others I was incorrect !! (but here is the kicker #1 there is "NO OTHER DAMAGE UNDER THE BIKE NOR DAMAGE  to THE PIPPES!!!"  #2 it road perfect . They wrote it up and sent pic to  HD and HDis taking carry of it , as they should,  they are replacing the frame and paying for the labor !!OMG I m scared that my beautiful bike wont be the same even though ist a HD Dealership  doing all the work .....my bike will be dwn about a week ,please someone out there tell me they are capable of doing such a long and hard replace ,basically rebuilding my bike again !!! help in feel bad !!! what should I look out for ?????

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: my 2012 cvo ultra frame is being replaced by HD , help !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »

Here in Nanaimo, Davidson Mechanical swapped out a frame(as well as other parts) on a regular SG after an accident....the owner was very pleased with the final result. The downside to that one was the 'rebuilt' title.....at least yours won't be tagged with that.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

fattner

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:28:28 PM »

thanks ,its just that its new cvo ultra and its got alot of crap on them and I just want the bike to be right thats all ... thanks again

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:33:07 PM »

Good to hear MoCo is taking care of it.......now hit them up for a loaner bike while yours is getting fixed.  ;)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »

I had to have the frame replced on my SEEG after my accident.  I thought the frame man could do it but Allstate required it to be a new frame.  The dealership did all the work.  The bike rode better after the rebuild than before my accident. 

I hope you have the same good luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fattner

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »

thanks I will keep you guys posted ,they just ordered my frame and until they recieve it Im riding every chance I get ,lol thanks for all the  replies your comments are  making me feel better regaurding the repair !!

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »

I had a 2002 Ultra classic I crashed on black ice on the way to toys for tots. It bent the frame and it was not a total. The bike with the new frame looked and rode perfect. The only way to tell, I don't know if it's still this way is the new frame will not have the union sticker on it. Being a union pipefitter I wanted the sticker back on! The final result NO sticker!! Any replacement frame I was told will NOT have the union sticker on the down tube. Good way to tell if the frame has been replaced.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »

if a good mec does the job wiht love and care I would anytime prefer it over a factory job. Your bike we be really "hand fitted" as the pre 2010 CVOs were  ;)

Take your time, look over his shoulder, have a drink with him, give him a good tip in advance and chances are you will be better off than before.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »

It is not really as difficult a chore as it might appear.  I'm more concerned when they have to go into the motor like they did multiple times on my 07 due to the nasty 110 problems that first model year.

I think it will be just fine.  Keep us posted.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »

Sorry, if this scoot came from the factory with a bent frame, I would be asking or demanding a NEW scoot...not a total rebuild, they never go back together right.  I remember the product enhancement on my 2008, had nothing but issues for weeks afterwords....

Get a new scoot.  Just my two cents...

napalm
napalm

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »

The result of your rebuilt bike with a new frame all comes down to the skill and care of the technician doing the work...  I'd ask some questions about the experience of the various techs at your dealership and steer the work towards the best candidate.  I'd not want a tech doing his first frame up rebuild on my bike... 

That being said, it's not that tough of a task and with the right tech doing the work, the outcome should be fine...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »

Sorry, if this scoot came from the factory with a bent frame, I would be asking or demanding a NEW scoot...not a total rebuild, they never go back together right.  I remember the product enhancement on my 2008, had nothing but issues for weeks afterwords....

Get a new scoot.  Just my two cents...

napalm

My thoughts exactly...  >:(
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 09:10:14 AM »

My wife had her 2009 SG rebuilt on a new frame after her Christmas accident this past year. They did such a good job you can't even tell that the bike had been in an accident. If you have a good Master Tech working it the bike will be sound!! :2vrolijk_21:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

fattner

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »

thx for all who replied , Im still waiting a hd factory frame w/vin# stamped in the frame and W/ what ever stickers on the frame  that comes from the factory on new bike   , as soon as the bike repair is  complete I will post the out come  ,but until then Im riding it ,cuz it rides perfect and I never noticed it before until  it was pointed out !!! Harry Ca

20 gauge

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: 07 FXDSE2
    • CVO3: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 08:12:23 AM »

I would be excited about the chance to paint the frame to match my bike. Huge custom feature that you can get done relatively cheap as HD is picking up the labor and materials for the frame re assembly.

fattner

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 08:49:43 PM »

:cucumber:Yes yes yes wow was I surprised Bakerfield hd did a A+ job !! No issues at all  got my bike back and put on over 1200 miles in week !! As for the ride it rides great !! Takecare everyone ride safe
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.