Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO/SG Passenger Cup/Drink Holder Recommendations?  (Read 4137 times)

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - "Louie"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTI - "Harry"
CVO/SG Passenger Cup/Drink Holder Recommendations?
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

Took the Spousal Unit out last Sunday for her 1st ride on the SE/SG & she loved it but desires a cup holder so she can "enjoy" the beautiful Virginia scenery even more vis-a-vis a Mimosa.   :drink:   Most of the aftermarket cup holders for Pax need the hard bag guard/rail in order to attach but obviously the SE3 does not have them--anyone out there have a suggestion/solution?  Thanks in advance, Moose
- 2012 Black/Slate CVO Street Glide:  Rinehart True Duals; HD Supertuner; LED Headlight/Passing Lamps/Turn Signals; Zumo 665 GPS + XM; 8.5" Klock Werks Shield; Corbin Hollywood Solo; Detachable King TourPak; Heated Grips; etc.

- 2006 Vivid Black Heritage Softail:  SE Exhaust; HD Supertuner; Heavy Breather; Passing Lamps; Corbin Solo; Detachable Ghost Shield/Boss Leather Trunk + Saddle Bags; Lindby Twinbar; etc.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: CVO/SG Passenger Cup/Drink Holder Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

Took the Spousal Unit out last Sunday for her 1st ride on the SE/SG & she loved it but desires a cup holder so she can "enjoy" the beautiful Virginia scenery even more vis-a-vis a Mimosa.   :drink:   Most of the aftermarket cup holders for Pax need the hard bag guard/rail in order to attach but obviously the SE3 does not have them--anyone out there have a suggestion/solution?  Thanks in advance, Moose

The obvious response would be to install the bag guards (crash bars).  The simple ones without the piece that wraps around the side of the bags looks pretty good, and it will help protect her legs and your bags if the bike goes over.  I personally prefer the comfort version with the angled top bar, since it is less likely to hit the back of her leg while riding.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442085867&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309149262&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309149262&locale=en_US&bmUID=1338927245950&bmLocale=en_US

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »

Sell the Harley and buy a GW. NO cup holders look good on a Harley.

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:26 AM »

Sell the Harley and buy a GW. NO cup holders look good on a Harley.

Negative--never will buy a GW; only ride Harleys...

However I do agree cupholders don't look good (on any scooter IMO...) but am looking for a detachable solution for when she's riding with me--perhaps something I can hook to the front lip of the hard bag & then close the lid however all I've seen thus far are leather holders meant for leather bags.  Anyone seen a "hard" cupholder that wouldn't scratch the bag if mounted as described above?  Cheers, Moose
- 2012 Black/Slate CVO Street Glide:  Rinehart True Duals; HD Supertuner; LED Headlight/Passing Lamps/Turn Signals; Zumo 665 GPS + XM; 8.5" Klock Werks Shield; Corbin Hollywood Solo; Detachable King TourPak; Heated Grips; etc.

- 2006 Vivid Black Heritage Softail:  SE Exhaust; HD Supertuner; Heavy Breather; Passing Lamps; Corbin Solo; Detachable Ghost Shield/Boss Leather Trunk + Saddle Bags; Lindby Twinbar; etc.

mwg

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG "Beast"
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »

My backseat rider IS the cup/drink holder ;D
RLTW

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »

I like the ones from Hog Trough - http://www.hogtrough.com/hogtrough-products/

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »

They also have one from the driver

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »

I like the ones from Hog Trough - http://www.hogtrough.com/hogtrough-products/

Thanks but unfortunately it mounts to the seat speaker assembly on the tourpak & I don't have my detachable tourpak mounted to the SG 99% of the time when we're riding local...

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »

Sounds like you have a good idea, now all you need is a fabrication shop !
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 04:23:34 PM »

Sounds like you have a good idea, now all you need is a fabrication shop !

I know right?!   :nixweiss:  I'd also like to take credit for Velcro since I'm pretty sure I thought of that first...   ;D

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.