Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Rush slip ons Vs Rinehart staggered 2-2  (Read 7115 times)

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • Pharaoh Bikers
Rush slip ons Vs Rinehart staggered 2-2
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »

OK, I have a brand new Convertible 2012 & about to finish break-in.  Am confused between the above, however cash is low so am biased toward the slip ons. But in the same time, don't want to screw my scooter & need to enjoy it. I like the sound of both, just need confirmation from u guys about the durability of both brands, recently people have been complaining about Rinehart & am getting good feed back about Rush.

As per performance, I was given an idea that stock headers are not good , and it is better to change to whole exhaust system, is that true?

I have the intention of buying SEPST so will tune the bike whether buying this or this, which is easier in tuning ?

In comparing sounds, which softail model is near to ConV sound with these systems , Deluxe, Heritage .. Any other because I don't usually find a similar bike with the needed exhaust sound.

Thank you for your help

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Rush slip ons Vs Rinehart staggered 2-2
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:31:18 AM »

OK, I have a brand new Convertible 2012 & about to finish break-in.  Am confused between the above, however cash is low so am biased toward the slip ons. But in the same time, don't want to screw my scooter & need to enjoy it. I like the sound of both, just need confirmation from u guys about the durability of both brands, recently people have been complaining about Rinehart & am getting good feed back about Rush.

As per performance, I was given an idea that stock headers are not good , and it is better to change to whole exhaust system, is that true?

I have the intention of buying SEPST so will tune the bike whether buying this or this, which is easier in tuning ?

In comparing sounds, which softail model is near to ConV sound with these systems , Deluxe, Heritage .. Any other because I don't usually find a similar bike with the needed exhaust sound.

Thank you for your help

Your CAT is in the muffler itself, not in the head pipe so simple change like Cycle Shack slip-ons will give you a great sound and great performance for under $300.00. Suggestion; use the TTS instead of the protuner. The TTS will be avalible in the later part of June...they are being made as we speak.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

Your CAT is in the muffler itself, not in the head pipe so simple change like Cycle Shack slip-ons will give you a great sound and great performance for under $300.00. Suggestion; use the TTS instead of the protuner. The TTS will be avalible in the later part of June...they are being made as we speak.
Doc

Hi Doc, thank u for your reply . I value your opinions so much. Have one problem, we don't have "experienced" Dyno people here so would probably depend on "canned" maps rather than one specifically for my bike, what is different about TTS that being in production now?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:00:14 PM »

Doc, how certain of this are you? Last time I called them they said they had shelved the project. :nixweiss:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

When was the last time you talked to them?

I'd guess that if anyone outside of TTS knew about what's going on at TTS, it'd be Doc 1.

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »

would I as "cruising" sometimes like to fly on the road would benefit from the difference between TTS & SEPST or would invest in Auto tuner Thundermax module & let it do the auto tuning part?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 05:25:39 AM »

Last time I talked to them was last fall, haven't called again because they said it was shelved.

I believe you have to have bungs welded in your pipes for the Thundermax (or new head pipes with the correct size bungs) for the exhaust sensors.

I have the SEPST because the TTS was not available. There is only one map that comes with the SEPST for "our" bikes and it sucks. The only way to get "good" results from the SEPST is to have it dyno tuned or tune it yourself using the "smart tune" feature.

The ConV is the only bike that utilizes the particular ECM and interface on it and there is very little available that will work with it.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

OK, so we are settled now that if I want to keep the looks of the stock exhaust I can change the slip ons , Doc 1 has recommended Cycle shack. What slip ons have you used & would recommend

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 08:48:09 AM »

OK, so we are settled now that if I want to keep the looks of the stock exhaust I can change the slip ons , Doc 1 has recommended Cycle shack. What slip ons have you used & would recommend

Believe it or not I had a set of Fullsac 's on my ConV. Yes, that's right... Fullsac.

Steve wanted to experiment so I sent him my stock mufflers and he converted them using a shorter version of his Touring Baffle. When I installed them I found the exhaust note to be second to none. The 1.75 baffles did not shift the power band to the right much at all and we had a good mix of low, mid and high end ranges. I fear with anything larger than a 1.75 baffle would have created a low end nightmare.

Unfortunately Fullsac decided not to make this conversion for anyone else because the touring baffle had a larger size fitment ring at the end of the baffle and therefor had to grind off the OEM ring and tack weld it to the cut down touring baffle. This took too long and made it unprofitable for them with the short number bikes out there.

I do know of one other member here that ordered a set of touring baffles and had a muffler shop do the conversion for him... MikeV is the members name. I'm sure he can give you the scoop on how he made out but I thing he really like his a lot.

If you don't go this route, which is really not that hard to do, I would still not go over a 1.75 baffle due to the length of the stock head pipe and the lenght of the baffle itself. The exhaust note will be deep but when you crack it I'll guarantee everyone around you will stand up and take notice.

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »

well, we don't have the ease of modifying or creativity that u have in the US (although it might be there but need to digg it) . I would prefer to go through the route of Rush or Cycle shack. Now i have lowered the selection down to 2 , more easier now

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

Last time I talked to them was last fall, haven't called again because they said it was shelved.

I believe you have to have bungs welded in your pipes for the Thundermax (or new head pipes with the correct size bungs) for the exhaust sensors.

I have the SEPST because the TTS was not available. There is only one map that comes with the SEPST for "our" bikes and it sucks. The only way to get "good" results from the SEPST is to have it dyno tuned or tune it yourself using the "smart tune" feature.

The ConV is the only bike that utilizes the particular ECM and interface on it and there is very little available that will work with it.

Not sure where you have gotten your information but we (TTS) has never put tuning the CAN bikes on the shelf. Maybe you are thinking of Fulsac and a muffler program but TTS has been working on this new product for a long time. We hope to begin shipping mid June on it as parts are being assembled and tested at this time. I cannot get a date any closer until a few more parts show up in house rather than over at the assemble houses, but rest assured it is coming out sooner than later. Also we are looking for a 2011 - 2012 ConV in the Los Angeles area that we can use for some testing. Give a us a call or send me a PM if your interested.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »

Not sure where you have gotten your information but we (TTS) has never put tuning the CAN bikes on the shelf. Maybe you are thinking of Fulsac and a muffler program but TTS has been working on this new product for a long time. We hope to begin shipping mid June on it as parts are being assembled and tested at this time. I cannot get a date any closer until a few more parts show up in house rather than over at the assemble houses, but rest assured it is coming out sooner than later. Also we are looking for a 2011 - 2012 ConV in the Los Angeles area that we can use for some testing. Give a us a call or send me a PM if your interested.

That's great news Mr. Sipper.. I know you will be happy when orders are flying out the door. Everyone I talk to wants one now... The new TTS-II will be a hard act to follow.

-wiz

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 07:42:38 AM »

Hmmm, well, whatever........... No disrespect.... but it was whoever was on the other end of the phone. They said they were making no headway and it was being shelved. So I'm guessing some miss-communication.

I am however, really glad to hear that this is finally coming together, If I was in LA you could use mine but sadely on the other end of our island.

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »

As soon as the TTS-II is available for 2011 convertibles I am in for 1!  When I bought my bike it had Rush slip ons but it does run hot.  I thought about just buying the SEPST but I don't really like the sound of the Rush's. I have the original mufflers and would like to go with a fullsac system and have them put in the baffles for me.  If I wasn't 1600 miles from LA they could use my 2011 convertible for testing.

hadye

• Pharaoh Rider
  • Senior CVO Member

• Pharaoh Bikers
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »

So now I should wait for the fullsac or what?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.