Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Public opinion requested  (Read 2505 times)

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Public opinion requested
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »

I shot an e-mail to my local hog dealer.  Lemme cut and paste.......

I have an 06 FLSTFSE2, and was curious if I brought in a set of D&D boarzillas and a new air filter would you be able to install them and update my ecu?  Would it void my warranty even if you guys installed them?  How much would the install and re-map run me?  I've heard some wild rumors concerning the 06 models and the EPA.  Any answers you can provide would be much appreciated.  Thanks, Scott

Their reply,

Scott,
My name is Ron Quebec,and I am the service manager here.
As far as your parts go I think they will work well on your bike.
Regarding the warranty question this package will void your emissions warranty.
The EPA does not like modifications but that has been an ongoing issue for years.
These pipes may not be inspect in the state of Maine.
Pricing is very reasonable
race tuner  32107-01E is $459.95 this is the tuning product we recommend,it allows you to fine tune the motorcycle for almost infinite possibilities.
air cleaner kit $139.95
D&D boarzillas pipes $745.00
total parts pricing tax included  $1412.15
labor to install & tune is approx $200.00
Harley does offer a standard download for your bike but it is configured for Harley pipes.
the price is approx $150.00
that would save $300.00 but may not be enough tuning for your pipes
 Thanks
Ron Quebec
please call with any questions
1-207-622-7994
What I wanna know is, if I bring em; will they install them.  Shouldn't they already have the SERT?  Why would I need to buy it if I want them to tune it?  The pipes I can get for $650 at a special place I shop in VA.  The HD-800 K&N air filter is $50, what are they trying to sell me for $140.  As for the labor, no arguments there, but if my warranty(I got the 5yr extended for $1000) is blown on the emissions, why not get all my parts and do it myself for alot less.  I wanna know what you guys think.  Thanks.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Public opinion requested
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »

.....Shouldn't they already have the SERT?
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:54:01 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Live was so much easier when all I had to worry about was what size jet to use in my carb.  Thanks.

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:21:47 PM »

You should also shop around; your dealer is quoting you list prices for those parts.  You can bring them the parts or ask them for a parts discount, especially if you bought the bike from them.

You definitely want to add a SE race tuner to properly retune the bike after those mods.  A basic download (no dyno tune) will not be good and could cause engine issues (mostly because HD downloads are notoriously lean).  Voiding your exhaust warranty doesn't mean much, it's the engine and electricals you care most about.

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 09:25:56 AM »

His response seems very reasonable and the prices are in line. Not to say that you couldn't buy the stuff somewhere else cheaper but if they will do the work that isn't very good eticate and the labor prices may go up accordingly. IMO and IME the Boarzilla is not a good choice for a stock CVO 103. Plus unless you weasel the new quiet version out of D&D they are ear splitting loud and will put a Thunderheader in the dirt.
Fatcat standard will offer better torque and hp the same with less noise, not quiet but nice hot rod sound. Want quiet power the SE softail Supertrap is a good pipe with 16 discs on a stocker. No SERT or download needed as it runs fine but there is more power in there if you get it dynoed with the SERT from a competent tuner.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »

I shot an e-mail to my local hog dealer.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 02:12:54 PM »

2Fatboys,

Where are you from in Maine?  Augusta area?  I live in Maine up in Bangor and have an 06 S.E. Fatboy as well.  I can steer you to a good dyno guy if your dealer does not handle them.  Might have to agree with poor urban biker on the pipe choice...  I have also been told the boarzilla is for large cc motors.  The vance and hines pro-pipe works well I am told.

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 04:41:44 PM »

I'm in Dresden.  I think I'm settled on the Boarzillas.  I got a buddy at work knows a fella with a dyno and will hook me up.  I can beat North Country's prices by a few hundred dollars.  I got the SERT coming, and I'm fixing to order the pipes.  $650 at discountcycles.com.  I'm just planning on making my bike breathe a little easier.  I got the V&H on my 99, and they work really well.  Of course I just dropped a couple hundred more to tweek a little more goodness out of my Evo.  I'm thinking about pulling my heads and taking them to Big Boyz for a port and polish.  At $299, not a bad deal; considering my buddy paid 400 in Jacksonville for the same thing.

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 10:56:17 PM »

2Fatboys,

Where are you from in Maine?

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 11:08:42 PM »

I'm in Dresden.

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »

2Fatboys,

I just had Big Boyz port my heads on my 06.  If Bean tells you two days, expect 4.  The gains were 4 lb. ft. torque and 3 hp versus stock heads on the dyno.  Results could vary also I would think based upon what pipe you end up with.  Looks like your going with the Boarzilla...  Do you like the upswept look of that pipe?

Scott

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 07:42:39 PM »

To be entirely honest, I don't really care for that fat ass can on the end.  I prefer the duals.  I'm only seriously considering them for the power gains.  If there was something out there with comprable performance and had two holes, I'd look at it.  But. everyone raves about the boarzillas.

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »

I don't know who "everyone" is but the dyno results show that a set of Cycle Shack, or Khromewerks slip-ons will perform just as well on a stocker and have manageable noise levels. Then no style issues to deal with either, the shotgun duals remain, but seems like you have your mind made up. BTW I am not a D&D hater, I own two sets and have installed about 10.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 07:22:20 PM »

haze here i run the D.D boarzilla, i love the pipe i think it looks good and oh yeah the sound is loud  but a tuned loud that just tells everone you may be able to out drag them, the only thing is get S.E.R.T , 8MM plug wires and K.N air filter and have your bike dynoed by a clean honest expert dyno guy, it took me to 3 different places but it cost $300.00 but was done right im at 100H.P rear wheel and 104 torque. and you will like the upswept look, its timeless look at theses yaffe 2 into 1 at $900.00 every cop you pass will pull you over those are for drag strip only and you mention big can look , it will make your bike look cool ,it has to be a little large to hold competition baffle , good luck and tell me how glad you will be.
TOM

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »

I really believe you have to list the most important things about pipes and buy according to how you prefer.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 09:34:17 AM by Street_Stalker »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.