Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SYN3 Voucher  (Read 2482 times)

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
SYN3 Voucher
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:55:37 AM »

If you are still using SYN3, and I know some of you are not.  You can log onto www.members.hog.com and log your miles for the World
Ride and sign up for a $10 voucher for SYN3 mailed to you.  At almost $12/qt anything helps

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
Re: SYN3 Voucher
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:30:40 AM »

Just signed up; thanks for the heads-up!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Re: SYN3 Voucher
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:03:56 AM »

Did that the other day.
Question though, is Syn3 the only oil we should be using in these bikes? I know about all the "oil threads" out there but this is my first CVO.
Thanks

Sent from my Atrix4g  using Tapatalk 2
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 10:54:52 AM »

Once again Mother Harley has felt it is OK to not include Canadians in the offer. I can sign up for the miles... but to get the voucher or sticker, it won't let me pick a county other than the US for a mailing address.  

First one to PM me their address, gets 'my' voucher and sticker sent directly to them!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:48:51 AM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »

Did that the other day.
Question though, is Syn3 the only oil we should be using in these bikes? I know about all the "oil threads" out there but this is my first CVO.
Thanks

If you believe everything HD tells you, the answer is yes.  Otherwise, there are other options.  Syn 3 is no magic elixer, and it's overpriced...and low bid.

If you do a search here for what oil to use, you'll have enough bedtime reading for the next two years.   ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »

Did that the other day.
Thanks

All those other oil threads have pretty much covered the topic, but the quick answer is that there is nothing about a CVO that would make the oil requirements any different than they are for any other late model Harley.  And no, SYN3 is NOT the only or even the best choice.  Look for products that certify they meet Harley requirements, like Amsoil or Mobil 1 for instance, if you get worried about Harley screwing with you.  IMHO, motor oil belongs in the engine, and trans fluid belongs in the trans.  You don't run motor oil in the transmission or axle of your car or truck, do you?  Specific lubes for specific purposes makes more sense than some "one size fits all" solution.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »

All those other oil threads have pretty much covered the topic, but the quick answer is that there is nothing about a CVO that would make the oil requirements any different than they are for any other late model Harley.  And no, SYN3 is NOT the only or even the best choice.  Look for products that certify they meet Harley requirements, like Amsoil or Mobil 1 for instance, if you get worried about Harley screwing with you.  IMHO, motor oil belongs in the engine, and trans fluid belongs in the trans.  You don't run motor oil in the transmission or axle of your car or truck, do you?  Specific lubes for specific purposes makes more sense than some "one size fits all" solution.

Jerry

Very well said, Jerry! I am running AMSOil in Buster's engine right now - but next oil change I will run whatever of Redline, AMSOil, or Mobil 1 V-Twin I get the best buy on. I always run Red Line Shockproof in the tranny in both Buster and my wife's Tri Glide - makes shifting smoother, I think - but I have never been able to totally get rid of the CLUNK shifting into first gear no matter what I use in the tranny.

I am still undecided on what will go in the primary next... still running Syn3 in there. I have run Mobil 1 Syn ATF, AMSOil, etc. in my other bikes - but I haven't switched Buster nor the Tri Glide to anything else in the primary yet.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »

FWIW, several years back, in the early days of Syn 3, a member here posted his oil analysis results from his '02 SERK.  Don't recall how many miles the bike had, but they were all run with Syn 3.  The thing I do remember that stuck out, was that Syn 3 actually fared well in the engine, but not in the transmission.  There was something about the particle count from the transmission sample that threw up some red flags concerning wear levels.  But all the indicators from the engine oil sample looked good.

I don't think there was any analysis of the primary oil.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 01:58:49 PM »

FWIW, several years back, in the early days of Syn 3, a member here posted his oil analysis results from his '02 SERK.  Don't recall how many miles the bike had, but they were all run with Syn 3.  The thing I do remember that stuck out, was that Syn 3 actually fared well in the engine, but not in the transmission.  There was something about the particle count from the transmission sample that threw up some red flags concerning wear levels.  But all the indicators from the engine oil sample looked good.

I don't think there was any analysis of the primary oil.

I remember reading that too, somewhere, at some time.  There's nothing inherently wrong with Syn 3 in the crankcase.  I use Redline...it's not really that much cheaper, but I feel it's better, and even if it cost the same, I won't pay HD for what I consider to be an inferior product, not to mention the principle of the thing.  Amsoil or Mobil I are excellent choices as well.  The primary is not a big deal, other than to use an oil that is designed for wet clutches.  The tranny, I feel, needs something like the Redline Shockproof so many of us use.  Even my dealer uses that if requested.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »

At a certain dealer I frequent, they have all of the lube products out on a big display stand in the parts dept. The Syn3 is there, of course... and right NEXT to it are all of the AMSOil AND Red Line products!

SOOO... I take this to mean that if you actually BUY your non-HD oil from a H-D dealer, it will not void your warranty!!!  Until something goes wrong, I suppose... :drink: :2vrolijk_21: :nixweiss:

They also sell the TTS (along with the H-D tuners) - but the TTS is prominently displayed on a shelf right behind the parts counter. No H-D tuner up there. Go figure...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »

Got my voucher in the mail yesterday. It's only good from 8/15 to 9/15 2012.  >:(  Better get out and save that $10 while it's good
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mark

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »

You guys had me worried...thought we were headed into another oil controversy.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »

signed in to members area...but didn't see where to sign up...thx

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.