Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Best Sunglasses for Blocking Wind???  (Read 22740 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Best Sunglasses for Blocking Wind???
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »

Where's my glasses still missing it....  :nixweiss:
Hawg

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »

Where's my glasses still missing it....  :nixweiss:

It attaches to the back of your bottom triple tree with 2 small bolts.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 07:37:03 AM »

Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »

I used to say the baffle was the cheapest piece of chrome you could buy from HD at $20, I see they are now $26 :huepfenlol2:

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »

WileyX Rout glasses and Long Ride Shield with recurve work for me but on long trips, I use a full face but still use the WileyX glasses.
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 05:46:06 PM »

I used to say the baffle was the cheapest piece of chrome you could buy from HD at $20, I see they are now $26 :huepfenlol2:

And at $26 it's still a good buy  :2vrolijk_21:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »

Does it have the new, improved chrome plating?  ;D har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »

The wobble of your glasses can only be fix with a new windscreen. But as far as glasses go, Wiley X all the way.

I'm on my second pair in 9 years. They are presciption so when the first pair broke and they no longer carried that frame Wiley X built me a brand new pair with new lenses at no cost!!! Definitely the kind of company that stands behind their product.

A couple of years back I took what I believe to be an 18 Wheeler size bolt off the left lense at 70 mph. It nearly knocked me off the bike but....not even a scratch to the lense.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

The wobble of your glasses can only be fix with a new windscreen. But as far as glasses go, Wiley X all the way.

I'm on my second pair in 9 years. They are presciption so when the first pair broke and they no longer carried that frame Wiley X built me a brand new pair with new lenses at no cost!!! Definitely the kind of company that stands behind their product.

A couple of years back I took what I believe to be an 18 Wheeler size bolt off the left lense at 70 mph. It nearly knocked me off the bike but....not even a scratch to the lense.

I bought a pair of Oakley Wind Jackets and they are AWESOME.  Not a bit of wobble even at - and above - freeway speeds.  I could not be happier with them and highly recommend them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:40:52 PM by bhtko »

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »

Wiley X  For me also ,very good    :2vrolijk_21:

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »

I bought a pair of PanOptx (7 eye) glasses, the Charata (?) frames that have the foam inserts. They fit my face well and kept the wind out when I was wearing a 3/4 helmet. Now I have a modular helmet and don't use the inserts. But the glasses are the best I have tried, still use them on every ride.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13:33 AM »

I guess all things are subjective but here goes. As far as glasses go Liberty Sport makes the best glasses. Many different frame measurements so glasses actually fit your face. the foam is very hard like a gasket and is held in place with magnets. Photo senstive with vision correction. I've got oakleys, wiley, costa, and they are great glasses just dont work well on the bike.
As far as windscreens are concerned I have 6 or 7 and they all are good for something. Look good, slow speed high speed or something. but I have had my bagger shield on for over a year and love it. It is a 2 piece low piece is smoked and top piece is clear. let it low for bar hopping and putting around and put it up on the highway(no buffeting) or when its raining. It really looks great and works well.

BigLew

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 10:34:24 AM »

Oakley's Wind Jackets have been the best I have ever used. I have loved them since I got them but was reading a thread on this forum a couple of weeks ago and they said that by using a strap, it would cut down on "buffeting". It didn't make sense to me but I tried it yesterday and I'll be dam--d, it actually worked. Really love them now! I went with the Transitions lenses so I can wear them day or night. See below

http://www.sunglasses-int.com/Oakley-Wind-Jacket-Black-Silver-Ghost-Text-Warm-Grey.html?id=abqHhDbX

Man, these are some nice glasses!  I had the PanOptx 7eye jobbies for the last 5 years.  The foam was deteriorating on them, so it was time for something new.  I wear Oakleys Radars everywhere but on the bike where I need wind protection for my contacts and have always prefered the clarity of vision from the Oakleys over the PanOptx.  I also found the huge foam padding of the PanOptx blocks peripheral vision quite a bit.

200 miles yesterday with the new Oakley Wind Jackets and my contacts still felt fine, I had my peripheral vision back and clarity was better and colors were truer, too.  Also, the gasket on the Oakleys is rubber, not foam, so it should last longer.  I wish I'd known about these awhile ago!

jgdglide-n

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »

I second Indenial, I also have had panoptx for about five years and love them

gearida

• Laugh until the light turns green!
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Ultra Classic
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 11:01:13 AM »

Several uears ago when I rode fast I was looking for a good set of sunglasses that would stay on when I turned around without a helmet or shield. I was told about a designer that worked for Oakley and went on his own to build Arnette, I bought a set that say ANET on the side. These are awesome, don't see them listed on the Sunglass Hut site, but they do sell the Arnette brand. Very nice sunglasses and at a resonable price. The ones I wear look similar to googles and have a frim wrap around ear piece. I was told also the lenses will take a beating, which they have proven to very well. I was also told the police department bike crew wear them for these reasons too. I have had them for over 10 years and have no scratches.
Custom built bikes by GearHead Cycles.
2012 CVO Ultra
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.