Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: got pulley question for my bagger.  (Read 1424 times)

jagonza1

• Full CVO Member
got pulley question for my bagger.
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:08:42 AM »

I have an 03 roadglide and changed the belt to the 04 later rig so I could put a wider tire. works great running a 150 18.  but with all the wheels and stuff running now wanted to trade the black rear pulley which is 70 tooth 1 1/8"  for a chrome one. my question here is I found two pulleys at a swap meet  one from a same year dynaglide  also a 70 tooth 1 1/8" pulley. The other is a billet custom pulley that seems to be universal cause what I read is it states for all models for that part but I don't know if it needs a spacer or if the dyna pulley will work on  my roadglide. confusing and then they both do seem to space differantly but I can't tell till I pull off the old pulley which is closer to fitting and hoping for a little guidance. the billet was brand new and the  dyna is a take off and has been chromed. so like brand new.
Thanks
John.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:13:36 AM by jagonza1 »

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: got pulley question for my bagger.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »

Different sprockets sometimes have different amount of spacing on the inside. Take flat stock across the inside of rear pulley from your bike, then use a micrometer to measure to the mounting surface of the pulley. Measure the pulley you want to buy and take its measurements. If they are the same your lucky. If too little then some machining will be required on new pulley if the new pulley distance is too great then a spacer will be required to make up the difference.  My bike required the pulley to be machined on the mounting surface on the wheel side.
Good luck,
Ltank

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.