Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wish list for SOKOOL's '07 SERK  (Read 879 times)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Wish list for SOKOOL's '07 SERK
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:33:08 PM »

All,
  A "Newbie" question for you all...I know the jury is still out on the '07 set up for the CVO's, but what are the essentials I will need to consider so that I may maximize the 110? In the past all I ever considered were chrome, chrome, loud pipes, and more chrome. I am envious of all the technical talk amongst you here in these forums, and I believe I caught the bug. I am looking for a start, and I am sure I will find an end...someday. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Joe

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Wish list for SOKOOL's '07 SERK
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 08:40:58 PM »

Joe,
This may not be what you want to hear, but w/the 110ci being so new you may have to give the aftermarket a few months to get something out. I know from another thread that Zippers is working on stuff for the Thundermax ECM but haven't gotten the final product ready yet. If it were me I'd just ride the bike for the next several months see what comes out gather as much information and compare what is available rather then rushing into something that may not be proven. JMHO.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 09:01:49 PM »

DOOD,

Believe me, no rush here. But I have to say, you guys inspire me to hop up my machine. I am currently in GA but will be relocating (military move) to Fayettenam, NC in December. My plan is to stay wiht what I have until after the move. Thanks for the quick response though.

Joe

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:03:33 PM »

Joe,
      Don't know if this is your first H-D or 101st, so bear with me if I'm treatin you like a newbie. My advice would be to hang out at the places in your area where bikers hang out and ask around for the best speed shop in the area. Once you get something of a consensus go to that shop and talk with the owner. Explain what it is you want out of your ride and also be honest about your riding habits and ability. Once the shop folks have that info they will suggest certain things. Ask as many questions as it takes for you to feel comfortable in having work done to your ride. There are no dumb questions when it comes to this stuff only dumb owners too full of machismo to ask what they don't know. Be aware of the rumors about that any mods to an 07 violates the warranty. Be sure you get that question answered first. Beyond that, my guess with the 110 as with every other motor the MoCo has built since 1903 is that the sky's the limit on what you can do to modify your motor with only $$$$$$$$$$$$ to hold you back or send you off to the stratosphere. Whatever you do, best of luck to you and welcome to the best web site on the whole Internet.

Adios
         Big B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 09:24:19 PM »

..... But I have to say, you guys inspire me to hop up my machine. I am currently in GA but will be relocating (military move) to Fayettenam, NC in December. My plan is to stay wiht what I have until after the move. Thanks for the quick response though. Joe
I do understand that, this place has that effect on people (me included). I had been researching cams for almost two years for my bike. I knew I wanted to go gear drive, but knew I had to be selective in what cam I got if I didn't want to have any other mods (headwork, etc) done when I had these installed. Finally Zippers and Freedom Cycles cam out w/some bolt in packages designed specifically for the 103 motors. I went w/the Zippers package and I'm glad, no I'm real glad I waited. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] I'm sure by the time you get ready (December) there will be a lot of options available for you.

As Spiderman mentioned start looking at shops/dealers where you are going to want to have this work done. Ask them questions, come back here validate what they telling you, and when you find someone that is giving you good information and you feel comfortable w/them working on your bike then you will be set.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 09:25:12 PM »

All,

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.