Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 bags on a 2010 Convertible  (Read 1623 times)

bosshogg69

2011 bags on a 2010 Convertible
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:03:18 PM »

My wife is very unhappy with the saddle bags that came on her 2010 Convertible and would like to use 2011 bags. I know she would have to change the mounting brackets but wonder if 2011 hardware would mount on her 2101.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: 2011 bags on a 2010 Convertible
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02:02 AM »

Hey, Boss.  Yes, I can side with you about the bags on the 2010.  I was super disappointed with them myself.  The design of them was pretty cool but the size in my opinion was about 1/3 less than the standard Heritage bag on my Heritage.  But what was the kicker is that as I recall on the left side bag, there is a cutout near the bottom of the bag that has absolutely no reason for being there at all.  It could have been about 3-4 inches deeper  and have more room.  I looked at that and said to myself that those bags weren't custom made for that bike at all.  But reflecting back, I think they were.  Just somebody had poor depth perception when they were building the bag off the prints.  Not sure.  I believe the '11 bags will fit the '10.  I believe you would have to get another quick-connect spacer (I think that is what they are called) for each side to mount the front arm of the bag.  The spacer goes between the passenger peg and the frame.  and of course you would need longer bolts because of the spacer.  But yes, I believe you can mount the '11 hardware on her '10 just fine.  You are free to do whatever you want with the old fitting for the front arm of the '10 bag as it will not be needed any longer.  Personally I think the '10 fitting/arm is a better design than the '11 or the '12 but Harley forgot to ask me first...........again.   ha!  well, that's my take on it anyway.  Pork.    and welcome to the forum.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.