Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: cracked frame  (Read 6701 times)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
cracked frame
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:45:19 AM »

well went to put my motor back in my frame after case replacement and found the frame cracked near the downtube/front motor mount boss,,anyone know of a well known frame straighting company near jersey,,,thanks,,,,,headpan.......1986 fxstc with the burgundy powdercoated frame
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

SPIDERMAN

Re: cracked frame
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »

well went to put my motor back in my frame after case replacement and found the frame cracked near the downtube/front motor mount boss,,anyone know of a well known frame straighting company near jersey,,,thanks,,,,,headpan.......1986 fxstc with the burgundy powdercoated frame

HEADPAN62
                NO I do not know of a frame straightening company  near Jersey although I'd suggest a call to a place like Indian Larry's old shop in NYC which I believe has been renamed Indian Larry Legend. I'm sure that either they would straighten frames themselves or they have someone they use since they specialize in old iron frame motorcycles as well as newer tubular frame replicas. Just my $0.02

B B

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:36:49 PM »

spyder,Sent the frame to (THE FRAME MAN) in Ca.She was pretty beat up from 18 years of (crackn the whip)...chemicaly removed the powdercoat..sent it to him,and they did a  great job...has not been this straight in 16 years!!....re powdercoated to the origional color,,new 93'momo...got about 800 miles on her so far,,thanks for the reply...ride-on,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »

HEADPAN62,

Do you have a number for THE FRAME MAN?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »

HEADPAN62,

Do you have a number for THE FRAME MAN?

crshnbrn
             See if directory assistance has a number listed for Doc John's Frame Straightening in the LA area. I'd have recommend him if I'd had known headpan was willing to ship.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »

crshnbrn
             See if directory assistance has a number listed for Doc John's Frame Straightening in the LA area. I'd have recommend him if I'd had known headpan was willing to ship.

B B

I actually know of this shop.  Old timer.  Perfect work.  It's up in Orange County though; in Anaheim.  It's close to 91 and Tustin.  If you can't find it let me know as I know I've got the number and address around here somewhere.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

I actually know of this shop.  Old timer.  Perfect work.  It's up in Orange County though; in Anaheim.  It's close to 91 and Tustin.  If you can't find it let me know as I know I've got the number and address around here somewhere.

He prefers iron frames. Did a late model bagger frame for a buddy of mine that was dead on, but swore he wouldn't work on another one. ( I heard he still does, and still rags about every one of em  ;D )

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:47 PM »

He prefers iron frames. Did a late model bagger frame for a buddy of mine that was dead on, but swore he wouldn't work on another one. ( I heard he still does, and still rags about every one of em  ;D )

B B

Last I heard also still swore off lasers and other electronic measuring systems of any kind too.  All jigs and tables. Somehow that just feels right too  :coolblue: .

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »

His # is 916-920-1010 & e-mail is...www.motorcycleframeman.com....This guy was great,, good comunication throughout the ordeal,,talk to Pat,,He  has been there for a while and answered all my questions and then some,,I was locked  up between The Frame man or another well known Frame Co. called  Dr. John's..(seen this guy on an epesode on speed channel about frame straighting)...But Pat at the frame man got the job...headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 11:47:33 PM »

finished product after restoration
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »

Sweet HEADPAN! Thing looks better than new. You don't hear about many 93" Evo's. Great shovelhead size! It's gotta ride nice. We'll have to get your '86 and my '85 out for a ride! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:32 PM »

sounds good Hoist,Ready when you are!! Are you in NYC? where is your location??headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 05:43:31 PM »

sounds good Hoist,Ready when you are!! Are you in NYC? where is your location??headpan

Hey HP, your picture's gone! That bike came out really nice. Yeah, I'm in NYC, Queens. If I can get my @ss to get my Pro Street VIN'd, we could have some fun with them 2 Pro Streets! My '85 Wide Glide keeps up pretty good though. When the weather comes back to us, we'll get together. Look forward to meeting you! Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

crshnbrn

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 07:39:27 PM »

SPIDERMAN, Twolanerider, & HEADPAN62

Thanx for the info.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 09:42:48 PM »

once in a while I delete files and cookies on my pc,,that erased my pic and log on info,,as soon as I logged back on,my pic was back also,,can you fella's still view my pic?? headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 11:20:53 PM »

once in a while I delete files and cookies on my pc,,that erased my pic and log on info,,as soon as I logged back on,my pic was back also,,can you fella's still view my pic?? headpan

It's back! Hoist! 8)

Tros

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 10:01:09 AM »

Now that is a quality restoration.  Truely "better than new".   :2vrolijk_21:

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »

thanks for the complements fella's...cost a pretty penny too...but we have been together for 18 years so she deserved every penny..bought her in 1988 when I was 18 yrs. old..going to my senior year of H.S. on her  was the best...back then there were only a handfull of harleys on the road...the stories she could tell!!!ride-on,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.