Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: CVO 110 KURY TEST CAM  (Read 18645 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: CVO 110 KURY TEST CAM
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 11:26:15 AM »

I would also like to know how a statment on this cam not working.. This may be the first dyno sheet that was posted here however.. Mike R is the creator of this cam, and he has also tested it. with power numbers in the same range .. We have another going together now.. so will post that sheet as well.. 
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 11:34:26 AM »

I would also like to know how a statment on this cam not working.. This may be the first dyno sheet that was posted here however.. Mike R is the creator of this cam, and he has also tested it. with power numbers in the same range .. We have another going together now.. so will post that sheet as well.. 

Will that be using the same  cam??  Have seem a bunch of dyno sheets on  his cams over the years and they do seem to do well and yet most work well without all the clattering valve train  racket which sucks

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »

Woops
That is pushing what we know a little too far.
It worked for Steve on that 110 bike he had at his shop with that combination of parts.
Not dissing the cam, the manufacturer of the shop just trying to keep the logic stream cleaned up.

Where on earth did this come from :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: Parts / config was noted in the opening post :nixweiss:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 11:59:22 AM »

Where on earth did this come from :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: Parts / config was noted in the opening post :nixweiss:

must be some good smoke?

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »

Just signing up to listen in.  
I think those would be the highest numbers for both HP and TQ of any dyno I have seen for just a cam with the standard upgrades of AC, pipes, and tuner.
Those numbers are right up there with 110's that have 10.5 to 1 and headwork.....very impressive.

Anxious to see results from multiple sources with these cams.    

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »

Just signing up to listen in.  
I think those would be the highest numbers for both HP and TQ of any dyno I have seen for just a cam with the standard upgrades of AC, pipes, and tuner.
Those numbers are right up there with 110's that have 10.5 to 1 and headwork.....very impressive.

Anxious to see results from multiple sources with these cams.    

don't have a CVO anymore, but i have a 13 FLHX 103.  bet it would wake that thing up with a bit of headwork,    and exhaust along with the tts.     

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »

Mike R sent us a cam to install into a cvo 110.. I do not have the specs on the cam but it works well from what we can see. Bolt in deal no need for head work, high compression pistons etc. Bike had a V&H power dual head pipe on it when it showed up. That is the base line as it was dropped off to us. We install the cam and the crusher mufflers and tuned it. Bike runs great.   ;)   Cam is being called a TC24 from stamp on cam. Mike is in Sturgis at this point but I am sure he will post up the specs when he gets back.
Bike tuned in great,  No cam noise at all, pulls very hard down low and just keeps pulling.

UPDATE 
TC 24D
In 20 - 42   101 Lobe ctr.   242   .575"
Ex 46 - 14   107 Lobe ctr.   240   .545"
Specs as of 4 - 20 - 2012

I emailed kury about this cam and he said they didn't know if it would go into production. I would love to try this cam out.

2018 SE ultra limited anniversary #460 V&H MK45 slip ons

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

SOLD 2005 SE FatBoy. Stage 1 AC, Thunderheader

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »

it sure as heck looks nice on the sheet here. that would work with at set of heads i have laying around never used 110"  Baisley pro street heads that i would toss on my 13 street glide. might be a good ride. sure would be fun to find out from what i see

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »

it sure as heck looks nice on the sheet here. that would work with at set of heads i have laying around never used 110"  Baisley pro street heads that i would toss on my 13 street glide. might be a good ride. sure would be fun to find out from what i see
I had always wanted Baisley's worked heads for years. On my 07 CUSE, $1800 work on my stock heads twice had to go back for bad seals and valve guides and the last time the exhaust valve stuck open bout and inch or so on the rear cylinder. Both times I carried the heads to Dan Baisley and both times he told me he never had those issues before. I watched as he beat the valve loose with a hammer. I will say Dan is a very nice man to talk to and both times he cleaned and repaired with no charge to me. It seems to me the 110's have been out long enough now that most shops have figured out the weaknesses in design and are better at dealing with them.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »

Well look at the 57 cam that has been put in all kinds of engines now and really it is very close power wise.. You are talking about a few and few.. I fully understand that one bike to hte next you may and will see changes in power.. For all I know the bike I installed the the 57 cam in had 96 cc chambers and the one that got the 24 cam had 93 or maybe vice versa.. Who knows as I only installed the cam. However it does show that installing the cam as is ,....the cam can provide very good power.

But really taking a stock 110 adding a few parts to get lets call it 110 hp and 120 tq.. ( avg of the two cams) ..is a great deal,  Most guys can do this them selves, get a map from a tuned bike and there you have a base line.. Now off to the tuner.

I cannot follow on track with some of the posts I read.. and maybe this is one of them..

We will move forward,  have a great day all.
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »

I had always wanted Baisley's worked heads for years. On my 07 CUSE, $1800 work on my stock heads twice had to go back for bad seals and valve guides and the last time the exhaust valve stuck open bout and inch or so on the rear cylinder. Both times I carried the heads to Dan Baisley and both times he told me he never had those issues before. I watched as he beat the valve loose with a hammer. I will say Dan is a very nice man to talk to and both times he cleaned and repaired with no charge to me. It seems to me the 110's have been out long enough now that most shops have figured out the weaknesses in design and are better at dealing with them.

wow we just never hear  of  Baisley having issues with his work. but if he  gets bad parts  its tuff to tell often times by eyeballing them if they are going to be problematic..   
Whe was your work first done may  i ask amd secpnf time around.    its great he takes care of the issues. thats why he has the ggreat reputation out  there. does great work and stands behind his work.  good to know

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »

Has there been any update on this cam? Are they going to produce it?
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »

Has there been any update on this cam? Are they going to produce it?

i was taking to  the folks at Kury   a coupek weeks ago. The person i was talking to stated they were 99.9% sure they were going to produce it. as far as  when its a mystery, but did understand more testing or perhaps engineering was going to happen

DRAGO B W

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

Steve,
Thats a nice curve with that cam...

Mike R sent us a cam to install into a cvo 110.. I do not have the specs on the cam but it works well from what we can see. Bolt in deal no need for head work, high compression pistons etc. Bike had a V&H power dual head pipe on it when it showed up. That is the base line as it was dropped off to us. We install the cam and the crusher mufflers and tuned it. Bike runs great.   ;)   Cam is being called a TC24 from stamp on cam. Mike is in Sturgis at this point but I am sure he will post up the specs when he gets back.
Bike tuned in great,  No cam noise at all, pulls very hard down low and just keeps pulling.

UPDATE 
TC 24D
In 20 - 42   101 Lobe ctr.   242   .575"
Ex 46 - 14   107 Lobe ctr.   240   .545"
Specs as of 4 - 20 - 2012

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »

That dyno graph shows a nice result with that combination of parts...BUT it doesn't show the effect of the cam by itself, because they changed the cam, tuner, and mufflers at the same time.  The baseline run was done with a pizz-poor AFR that was so lean it couldn't be measured.  If the initial AFR had been corrected first, at least we could see how much the cam and mufflers (with updated tune) add.  There's no way, with the current evidence, to tell how much bang for the buck we'd get with just the cam (or with just the ______).

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice combination, and I don't expect many people would want to pay the price to do this the scientifically correct way...but basic science says to change only one thing at a time, and measure that effect.
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.