Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: HAYDEN TENSIONER M6 INSTALL  (Read 12829 times)

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
HAYDEN TENSIONER M6 INSTALL
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »

it says a 1/2  inch from bottom of shoe to top of guide plate if this measurement is to loose you will have to  add shims i have 3/4 with no sims which should be good.looking on input on this
tryed the sims its the same 3/4 chain only has 16,000 miles on it
thanks gabe
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
Re: HAYDEN TENSIONER M6 INSTALL
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »

Once you install the shims you then measure from the top of the shims...Is this where you measured from and to?
Mine measured 1/2" with the installation of the M6 and I had 20K on the clock
paul
Ride safe

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 04:28:55 AM »

Once you install the shims you then measure from the top of the shims...Is this where you measured from and to?
Mine measured 1/2" with the installation of the M6 and I had 20K on the clock
paul
[/quote  no it does not say measure from top of shim
2009 ultra black

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:35:39 AM »

Gabe, the instruction sheet isn't worded very well.  The 1/2" measurement is from the top of the shim pack to the bottom of the plastic shoe.  When they say top of the guide, what they are talking about is the surface where the bottom of the spring rests.  In other words, if you look at the guide from the side it looks like a "U".  The surface they are talking about is at the bottom of that "U".  Click on the attachment to expand it to full size and look at the red arrows I added.

If Kathy from Hayden sees this thread, perhaps she could convince someone at Hayden to fix those instructions and actually show on the picture where the measurement should be taken.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »

Gabe, the instruction sheet isn't worded very well.  The 1/2" measurement is from the top of the shim pack to the bottom of the plastic shoe.  When they say top of the guide, what they are talking about is the surface where the bottom of the spring rests.  In other words, if you look at the guide from the side it looks like a "U".  The surface they are talking about is at the bottom of that "U".  Click on the attachment to expand it to full size and look at the red arrows I added.

If Kathy from Hayden sees this thread, perhaps she could convince someone at Hayden to fix those instructions and actually show on the picture where the measurement should be taken.

grc thank you very much i put it back together and rode it i guess on monday i will call them and see if i have to take it apart it rode ok and shift it good but who knows now
Jerry
2009 ultra black

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »

Thanks for that great photo. Have a new Hayden waiting for some time to put it in. Agree 100% on the need for instruction sheet clarification.     JoeS

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »

Ditto on the instructions. Plus it would be nice to know the torque setting when reinstalling the 2 bolts

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 07:27:29 AM »

i  took mine apart again to check so it had a 1/2 inch on the bottom so now we all know if you have 3/4 from the bottom of shoe to top of guide plate you should have a 1/2 on the botttom the 2 bolts in mannual torque 15-17 ft lbs  if i remember right i used the  service mannual for torque spec
had to do twice because of bad  instructions of install hope its all worth it
2009 ultra black

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

Installed mine the other day - ditto's on the confusing instruction text.  After looking and scratching my head a few times, we figured it out.  Hayden definitely needs to re-word their instructions.

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • Hayden Enterprises - M6 Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We have indeed corrected our instruction sheet. The measurement is from the bottom of the nylon shoe to where the springs are setting. Whether it be on the guide plate or on a shim. We only sent those instructions in about 100 boxes until we caught it. Sorry again and you can always call our 800 number for clairification on anything. 800-664-6972
http://www.haydensm6.com

We're here to help.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 08:32:16 AM »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We have indeed corrected our instruction sheet. The measurement is from the bottom of the nylon shoe to where the springs are setting. Whether it be on the guide plate or on a shim. We only sent those instructions in about 100 boxes until we caught it. Sorry again and you can always call our 800 number for clairification on anything. 800-664-6972

:2vrolijk_21:    Don't forget the online version as well, when I looked a few days ago it was still the old version.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »

Instructions on our website are now updated too.

We're here to help.

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »

Exactly how do you release the pressure on the factory ratchet tensioner to remove it? Don't see a slot for a screwdriver or tool to engage.

Kathy

• Hayden Enterprises
  • Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »

Exactly how do you release the pressure on the factory ratchet tensioner to remove it? Don't see a slot for a screwdriver or tool to engage.

Hi there, we've found that an easy way is to use some type of crowbar or large screwdriver between the bottom of the stock unit and the primary floor to pry up a little and releave some pressure while using a ratchet to remove the bolts.

We hope this helps.

Thanks

We're here to help.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

Did you or Do we get a Forum Discount when we purchase the Tensioner?  Just asking!  Thx
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.