Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: What Seat do you like best  (Read 7432 times)

xbigallenx

• A day with out riding is like a day with out Air.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • The day I brought it home.
What Seat do you like best
« on: August 19, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »

Just Rode 405 miles none stop except to get gas. Went from Chattanooga TN to Columbia SC through the Mt. Road back roads and 2 days later came back the interstate. My butt was soar. I rode my 2005 Ultra to FL about 3 year ago with no promblem. This 2007 Screaming Eagle Seat was not bad the first 200 miles. after that I wanted to get off but had to get home. I been looking on line at Mustage  and Corbin. has anyone tried both and what your opion.
Keep it between the ditches and the shiny side up.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: What Seat do you like best
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »

People commonly say good things about Corbin or Mustang.  It's your butt that will be in any particular saddle though.  Butt's vary so no one can say what specifically will be best for you.  However....

Last trip of that length you did was three years ago?  While that's not a "long" trip for a touring bike you still have to gain some acclimation to the effort.  If you're not used to it you'll likely be at least a little sore at the end of a four hour ride no matter what saddle your sitting. 

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:58:23 PM »

Me and my butt cheeks are kind of partial
to the Mustang on long trips....... If I'm not leaving
the Island, the stock seat's just fine.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Bowman1836

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 cvo street glide
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 11:18:09 PM »

I went 2100 miles on my stock seat in 4 days. The last day I rode 14 hours straight. It was not to bad at first then my ass got sore. I can say this. When I first got my bike 200 miles was bad but after ridding for awhile you get use to it. But Im seriously thinking of a new seat as well for those longer rides. I think I'm Gona try a Corbin seat my self. I'll let u know what I think about it when I got that rout. Best of luck to you and your seat choice.

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34:57 PM »

I had a oem Ultra seat on my 09.  I loved it.  Consider that in the end time wins.  I know the seat doesnt matter to me as much as being 52 years old does.

In 85 I rode from Portland Or to NOLA on a 79 Goldwing, oem seat, no windshield.  I couldnt do that today.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 01:03:08 AM »

I did the Danny Grey with the built in Air Hawk system that has been great for me. I had a Corbin on my last bike and could only make it about 100 miles before the "pain" set in. With this seat I can add/let out air on the fly which makes a world of difference. Went 170 miles today (needed gas) without a problem. Never would have been able to do that with the Corbin and I even had a gel pad added to it to try to help. I guess I have a "sissy" butt...
Alan

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »

I'll second any of the Mustang products,, I can ride all day.  :2vrolijk_21:

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:01 AM »

I've had Mustang seats on the last two bikes, I took the Mustang seat off and replaced it with a H-D Low about 2 yrs. ago, My BSR complained about her back killing her every time we rode, so last Sunday i put the Mustang back on and we rode about 250 miles,, No complaints, the Mustang is back on for good now.  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

RoadRunnr

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »

Just Rode 405 miles none stop except to get gas. Went from Chattanooga TN to Columbia SC through the Mt. Road back roads and 2 days later came back the interstate. My butt was soar. I rode my 2005 Ultra to FL about 3 year ago with no promblem. This 2007 Screaming Eagle Seat was not bad the first 200 miles. after that I wanted to get off but had to get home. I been looking on line at Mustage  and Corbin. has anyone tried both and what your opion.
People commonly say good things about Corbin or Mustang.  It's your butt that will be in any particular saddle though.  Butt's vary so no one can say what specifically will be best for you.  However....

I second "It's your butt" thing.
Personally I love the stock seat, I rode 2400+ mile in 4 days, with 1100+ being in one 18 hour day only stopping for gas/food. I still felt great and want to keep going, but was too tired.
When I first got the bike, I felt a little stiff/sore, but I kept pushing further and further, now it doesn't bother me at all.
Love the SECUSE7 it rocks. :-*

TLSSRS

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Ultra - Cobalt & Twilight Blue
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »

I agree that everyones butt is different, seems most people think the stock hammock seats are great but went to sturgis last fall & it about killed me by the time we got there. I put a heated mustang on while there & it was a much more pleasant ride home. Like one of the post's says though i think i am getting to be a little soft. 53 years old & don't ride as much as i used to probably has a lot to do with it. But in the end i want to be a comfortable as possible. I think the stock seat was to soft.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 09:45:24 AM »

The newer CVO seats have the hamock in them which them very sweet IMHO.
 There is a seat shop out her called Bitchin Stitchn that will rebuild your seat with a gel insert.  I checked them out at the Veterens Rally in Cripple Creek CO.  If I had problems I would contact them.  I picked up a card for a friend.

Bitchn Stitchn
Lakewood CO
303-238-5404
www.bitchnstitchninc.com
Daniel Ballard
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »

Been through them all..now using a Mustang heated dual with riders and passenger backrest for ultra..very nice...dropped 1 inch down and 1 inch up, fits real nice to the dash...I need to polish out the scratches the owem seat left on it.  Not leather, no maint needed...perfect for laziness...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »

What Seat do you like best

This one seems good...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »

Thank you for relevance on this thread Uncle Nubby.. :huepfenlol2:

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »

Just Rode 405 miles none stop except to get gas. Went from Chattanooga TN to Columbia SC through the Mt. Road back roads and 2 days later came back the interstate. My butt was soar. I rode my 2005 Ultra to FL about 3 year ago with no promblem. This 2007 Screaming Eagle Seat was not bad the first 200 miles. after that I wanted to get off but had to get home. I been looking on line at Mustage  and Corbin. has anyone tried both and what your opion.
I picked a the corbin seat that matches the 06 and 07 screaming eagles and it felt good, a little hard for my taste but comfortable. Now my 13 will be here anyday, so I will be looking to sell it if your interested.
2018 SE ultra limited anniversary #460 V&H MK45 slip ons

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

SOLD 2005 SE FatBoy. Stage 1 AC, Thunderheader

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

My last two seats were RoadSofas by Saddleman. I'm going Corbin next.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »

I've had a few RG's the last few years and momma won't let the Mustang seat transfer to the new owners. Its a good all day 500++ mile seat. You know what happens if momma is happy.  Doc

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »

The '07, if I'm not mistaken, had virtually the same seat as the '06 (SEUC).  If so, those seats were worthless after a couple of hundred miles, particularly after the bike itself got more than 4 or 5K on the odometer.  The foam collapses and you're basically sitting on the seat pan.  Feels good in the showroom, but sucks on the road.  Mine got to the point where I could not stay on it for more than 75-100 miles at a time without my tailbone KILLING me, and I mean extreme discomfort.  I put a Corbin Dual Tour on it with heat and never looked back.  Put 20K + on that seat and NEVER had a sore butt, even with 5-600 mile days a couple of times.  Corbins feel hard, but conform to your butt after a few hundred miles of break in time.  But some people never get used to them.  Mustangs are good too, but I have no personal experience with them.  One other option is to let Mean City rebuild your stock seat.

The newer Harley Hammock seat on my '11 SERGU is comfortable...so far.  But I wouldn't pay their asking price for it if buying for another bike...I think Corbin or Mustang have nicer offerings for the money.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

GOMO

• www.GOMOtorcycling.org
  • Junior CVO Member
    • GOMOtorcycling
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »

I've been looking at Russell Day Long as well as Mustang. I had a Mustang on a previous H-D and it was always good. Someone reccommended I check out the Day Long seats if I plan to log a lot of miles. Still debating.
http://www.gomotorcycling.org
2007 Red FLHTCUSE2
MSF - RiderCoach New York State
American Iron Magazine - Safety Columnist
(http://www.aimag.com)
HOG -AMA - MRF -ABATE
Fred Rau Motorcycling
Online Touring Magazine
H-D Columnist
http://www.fredraumotorcycling.com

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »

I had the same seat on my 06, total POS.  Yep about 200 miles and we felt like we were done, although we did some painful 500 mile days on it.

So know on the 06 we have a Corbin for the last 4 years, made to look just like the stock seat with the cover, made for us at Corbin, takes most of the day to get it built right but we can ride forever on it. It is firm, but we became a believer in the firmness.  I have never tried a out of the box Corbin.  We have had 2 and both were custom built to us at Corbin.

On our 09 we have the Mustang 2up Touring seat.  For an out of the box seat it is very nice.  Doesn't fit either of us as well as the custom Corbin but we can easily do 350 miles before we start to squirm on it and pretty easily get past 450 miles on it.  Nice seat for the money
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 10:31:58 PM »

I should also add that the Mustang will move you forward a little and give the BSR a little more room without compromising the riding position.   Doc

480Ruger

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »

Riding on my third stock seat.  The stitching came apart on the first two.  I’ve put 43,000 on the 2010 and all I do is throw on a piece of sheepskin I picked up in Custer, SD to help keep my butt cool.  That and Gold Bond or Anti Monkey Butt power for longer rides.
03 FLSTFI
   95" stage 3
04 VRSCB
   PC-3
   Rhineharts
10 FLHTCUSE5
   Bub 7 TDX
   Zipper's MaxFlow
   Tmax

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »

The newer CVO seats have the hamock in them which them very sweet IMHO.
 There is a seat shop out her called Bitchin Stitchn that will rebuild your seat with a gel insert.  I checked them out at the Veterens Rally in Cripple Creek CO.  If I had problems I would contact them.  I picked up a card for a friend.

Bitchn Stitchn
Lakewood CO
303-238-5404
www.bitchnstitchninc.com
Daniel Ballard

Mike and Debbie are good friends of mine.  I am going to have them do my seat also.

Joe

Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

SanJuanRon

• Full CVO Member
  • Way Up High In The Mountains and Down By The Sea!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 06:06:22 PM »

I find the '11 SEUC stock seat to be very comfortable even after a 1,500 mile road.  Of course, I have been riding Softails for years with LePera seats, so the comfort bar is set very low.  SJ Ron
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6, Candy Cobalt & Twilight Blue, HCC 14" Apes, V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Stage 1
2009 FLSTN, Tango Orange, Carlini 17" Flying Apes & High Roller Risers/Air Cover, V&H True Dual Pipes/Fishtails, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed
2005 FLSTCI, Vivid Black, Wild 1 18" Psycho Apes, V&H Big Shot Long Pipes, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed, 21/18 Sinister Wheels

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »

Bought my Corbin a couple of months ago.  Unpacked it, stuck it on the bike and my first initial thought was "Holy Crap This Thing Is Hard".  Like a good CVOHarley Trooper, I was sure praying that all the posts on this seat were true.  Since I've put it on, I have logged several 8 hr. days in the saddle.  Not once has there been any "pain in the ass" that has been associated with this seat.  The more you ride it, the more you like it.

I sure do like the looks of that Danny Grey Air Hawk.  Maybe someday I'll get a chance to ride in one
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 12:01:33 AM »

I took a gamble and rode the 500+ miles to pick up my CORBIN at the factory. My rear and my girls was really aching when we finally landed at CORBIN.  Don't think I could've taken another couple hours on that STOCK 2011 HAMMOCK SEAT.

Slapped the CORBIN on and it felt pretty "Hard" at first, but riding the next 800 miles proved that this saddle is exceptional.  I love and will not be without my CORBIN again.

xbigallenx

• A day with out riding is like a day with out Air.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • The day I brought it home.
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »

Twolaneride I have one Question for you. How many mile can you put on that seat before your sore?
Thanks for all the input guys. Hopefully  I have something soon to brag about.
Keep it between the ditches and the shiny side up.

Teemo Supremo

• My Baby

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:11 PM »

I've had 5 Harley's, and 5 Corbin seats. Yes, they're firm, but they are made for your body to last. I've gone 700 miles a day for four days straight, with no problems.
Tommy M
2013 flhtcuse8
Fuel Moto 113
11:0-1 133hp/134tq
CNC Head Porting/Valve Work
SE Pro High-Flow Injector Kit
AIM/TM Variable Pressure Clutch
Power Vision
Power Duals
Jackpot Hi-Roller Mufflers
Klock Werks Klip Hanger 10"
Custom Corbin

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 06:23:14 AM »

Corbin Classic solo with passenger pillion. No more "dead butt" or sciatica. Corbin reps say its "the foam that is the difference" call them, they will explain. I have the same set up as the picture from Teemo Supremo. Corbin seats have a built in lock, you can customize leather, color, and stitching. It has been a big improvement over "stock" for me.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 21 queries.