Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: No regrets not waiting for the new breakout!  (Read 5197 times)

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: No regrets not waiting for the new breakout!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »

Well I changed my mind, I'll take one as long as it doesnt have the electrical problems that my current one has.  Yeah I know fat chance on that one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ob1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTCUSE 2
    • CVO2: FLSTSE 1
    • CVO3: 2013 Custom FLHX
Re: No regrets not waiting for the new breakout!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »

Ya, maybe i did'nt get a good look at the back tire....I blame it on 5 eye surgeries since april 11th on the same eye...so much for simple cataract surgery..lol

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 04:26:22 AM »

I like the rear fender, wider rear tire and longer wheel base . . .  but no way is it substantially better than my FLSTSE2.  I'll pass . . .but I will want to take a look at the RK in the metal.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »

Well, I think I have seen enough.  I am absolutely not impressed by the breakout at all.  Thought it may live up to its name but if it has, I sure missed it.  Can't figure out why MoCo would introduce something like this on a 110 yr anniversary year.  no wonder they didnt have an anniversary edition as well.  From looks only, it looks like they should have either continued and ended with the SG (it earned a berth) or heralded the long awaited Heritage (can't anybody justify a CVO Heritage??  A bike that has been in existence now for 28 years counting 2013 model?? Admittedly, I would have a difficult time knowing there was a 160 tire behind me, having been on a 200 for 3 models now.  tHIS NEW BREAKOUT could have been called a BUSTout. For me, it is a Huge Disappointment Maybe others will like it.  Sales will be the determining factor.  Not really partial to either of the other 3 (possibly the road king--maybe they'll put high rises on to give it something to drool over).  Otherwise I'm feeling like I got the green light to continue with the mods I have planned for my '12 convertible. Pork

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »

I will take a slightly different opinion on the Breakout, certainly not to replace my ConV, but as a second bike.  I have a long history of owning prostreet bikes and the Breakout seems to fit in that category.  Maybe it is only good as a bar hopper, but it would be a very fine bar hopper.

X2 on Pork's comments on the long awaited yet never seen Heritage CVO.  What is up with the MoCo, that bike would have immense demand.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »

It absolutely would be a better mousetrap, Jasray!  Can you imagine?????

pm203

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »

I sure hope it looks better in person.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »

I like the rear fender, wider rear tire and longer wheel base . . .  but no way is it substantially better than my FLSTSE2.  I'll pass . . .but I will want to take a look at the RK in the metal.

Oops! think I've changed my mind about the Breakout . . . ;D
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »

This morning I saw on TV that the Pope was going to bless Harley's new line up.  Thought that was interesting, but more importantly the bike they had on the screen made me say "WoW".     Got to wondering what it was,  looked at the picture here and I am pretty sure that it was a breakout.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »

HD posted their new line up on website.    Lots of new stuff.   Here is a link.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/cvo-breakout.html

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »

I am actually considering PXing my FLSTSE2 for it, love the metalflake, beachbars and the 240 tyre!

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »

I think what suprises me the most is H-D celebrates 110 years and doesn't use 110 motors in the 110th Anniversary Edition's other than 3 of the CVO's and the Tri Glide that are also available as 110th Anniversary Edition. That would be a no brainer in my book. -----Let's celebrate 110 with 110's  :wall:

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »

I love my FLSTSE and I like the Breakout, but the pictures do not excite me. I look forward to seeing it in person. I'll wait until then to make a call.
Live To Win!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »

I think what suprises me the most is H-D celebrates 110 years and doesn't use 110 motors in the 110th Anniversary Edition's other than 3 of the CVO's and the Tri Glide that are also available as 110th Anniversary Edition. That would be a no brainer in my book. -----Let's celebrate 110 with 110's  :wall:

The CVO Breakout story begins with its Twin Cam 110B engine, a 110-cid V-Twin that pumps out 112 ft. lbs. of peak torque to give the CVO Breakout the best power-to-weight ratio of any current CVO model.

I'm think a 110 in a Softail chasis will move right along once piped and tuned!
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »

Key CVO Breakout Custom Features

•   The Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B engine with 110-cid (1802cc), counter-balanced and rigid-mounted within the frame, is rated at 118 ft. lbs. of torque at 3750 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Electronic Throttle Control (ETC), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission.

•   Assist & Slip Clutch Pack provides a slip feature on downshifts to reduce loading of the driveline and improve shift feel, while a new internal design doubles the life of the clutch pack in test cycles. Hydraulic clutch actuation has been updated to reduce lever effort; peak force required is reduced by 10 percent and hold-in force is reduced by 17 percent. Finally, a new clutch lever shape reduces reach and optimizes lever control.

•   The CVO Breakout will be offered in three dramatic custom-colour schemes, each with a Granite powdercoat-and-chrome powertrain.

Black Diamond and Molten Silver with Crushed Slate graphics. This combination features polished steel areas on the fuel tank and fenders that require 10 hand-sanding passes, beginning with 150 grit and finishing with 3000 grit, and a three-step final-polishing treatment. This process produces a high-luster finish with intentional hand-worked marks that make each part unique. The colour elements are then applied, followed by coats of candy and standard clear that let the polished steel shine through. This colour is paired with a black-leather seat.

Hard Candy Gold Dust and Liquid Sun with Pagan Gold graphics.  This paint set also features polished-steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders, but the candy clear coat is tinted to give the polished areas the gleaming Liquid Sun tone. Gold Dust is created by applying large metal flake over a black base, and finishing it with the tinted clear. This colour is paired with a black-leather seat.

Crimson Red Sunglo and Scarlet Lace with Hammered Sterling graphics. To create a graphic effect on the lower portions of the fuel tank and fenders, Black Candy is sprayed through lace fabric placed over a Silver base colour, and finished with a layer of Scarlet Candy. Because the lace is applied by hand, no two painted parts will have the same exact pattern. This colour is paired with a rich, brown-leather seat.

•   Turbine wheels with matching brake discs and drive sprocket are highly polished and chrome plated.

•   Front and Rear Fenders are each chopped to the legal limit of tyre coverage. The front fender location and bracket are specific to the CVO Breakout. The rear fender is shaped and positioned to fit as close as possible to the 240mm tyre.

•   One-Piece Forged Aluminum Rear Fender Supports are highly polished. The fender supports and chopped rear fender are four pounds lighter than the forged steel supports and covers used on other Harley-Davidson Softail models.

•   Wide Front End spreads the forks approximately 1.75-inches (44.45 mm) wider than previous FX Softail models to allow fitment of a 130mm front tyre. The entire front end assembly is chrome plated, including the nacelle and headlamp bucket.

•   Low-Profile Console tops a 18.9 litre fuel tank with a strip of brilliant chrome. Two elbow outlets and braided stainless steel lines exit forward from the top of the console to accommodate the tank vent.

•   Single-Rib Cast Aluminum Oil Tank is polished and finished in chrome.

•   Leather Seat and Pillion in black or brown leather is accented with an embossed horn-back gator hide pattern. The seat and pillion are shaped to provide good lower back support for the rider. The pillion may be removed without tools to fully expose the paint on the rear fender.

•   Chrome Handlebar offers a neutral rider position and is internally wired for a clean look. The integrated chrome riser incorporates a mount for the four-inch combination digital speedometer/analog tachometer and LED indicators, which are positioned below the riser.

•   Combination stop/tail/turn lights leave the wide rear fender uncluttered.

•   Customer Care package includes an indoor/outdoor storage cover with CVO logo, tool kit, microfiber detail cloth and H-D jiffy stand coaster.

The 2013 CVO Breakout production will be limited to approximately 1,900 units.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.597 seconds with 22 queries.