Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help from a FXDFSE owner with pictures/information  (Read 2632 times)

mattVA

Need help from a FXDFSE owner with pictures/information
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »

Hello,

I have a '09 Fat Bob, FXDF. I've read that the tach mount on your bike(s) will directly bolt to my risers. What I need to know is how the tach mounts, how the wires are run from it? Does it drop into the top clamp/tach mount bucket and is there a backing plate with two screws that hold it in?

Is the tach 4"?

Reason I'm asking is I want to use this mount to put a 4" combination speedometer/tachometer on my bars. If it mounts using a backing plate, then I can buy a speedo backing plate which accommodates the trip reset button and everything 'should' work.

Thank you for any help you may give. Also looking for the tach mount if anyone has taken it off and has it lying around.

Matt

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
Re: Need help from a FXDFSE owner with pictures/information
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »

There's some close pics of the tach/tach mount on the '09 FXDFSE at this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=29291.15

mattVA

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »

There's some close pics of the tach/tach mount on the '09 FXDFSE at this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=29291.15

I'm not seeing the pictures I need in that thread. .am I missing something?

I need a close up of the tach mount, front and rear, showing how the tach is secured to the mount. .if it uses a backing plate and two screws like most of the speedo bar mounts on other bikes I should be good to go. Would also like to see how the wires are routed from the tach down to the tank area.

Jui

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38:43 AM »

Keep in mind that the fat bon cvo has a different handle bar than the stock fat bob.

When back home I could send some pics from the tach.

mattVA

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:33 AM »

Keep in mind that the fat bon cvo has a different handle bar than the stock fat bob.

When back home I could send some pics from the tach.

Yeah they both measure 1.25" and I know the bolt pattern is the same to the risers, just need to confirm that I can pop a 4" Speedo into the housing and that there's a place to screw it in and route the wires.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.