Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I made the trade for a 2012  (Read 5713 times)

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Re: I made the trade for a 2012
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »

You won't regret it at all! A beautiful machine at a discounted rate, how can you beat that!  :2vrolijk_21:
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:47 PM »

Congrats! Color combo will always be classic! It would be very hard to walk away from 2K under MSRP. You only live once. :2vrolijk_21:
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

hdtrader

• Full CVO Member
  • ...in the motorcycle riding business since 1964.

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE7 in Electric Orange and Black Diamond accented with H-D's Big City Lights Graphics...how did the MoCo come up with a description like that?
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 11:25:36 PM »

Congratulations...that is my favorite color too.
Randy
North Alabama...the Greater Tennessee Valley

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »

First ride yesterday to the Flight 93 Crash Site in Shanksville, PA.  I couldn't pass up $2000 below MSRP to wait for a 2013 and likely a better trade number for my 09.  I was able to remove everything I wanted from my 09, so I have already installed most of it on this one already.  Exhaust will be on it next week.  I had 48,000 miles on the 09, so I thought this would be a good time to make a switch.  A friend has the first Anniversary model being delivered to the dealer tomorrow and I'm hoping that I don't go nuts when I see it.

So, what did you think of the anniversary bike?  Since it's the exact same bike, only with different paint, it would just be the color scheme you went nuts over on the new one, right?  If anything, I would think there would be a better chance of your buddy kicking himself for not getting a '12, but then I could be biased. ::)

How does the new one feel compared to your '09?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »

So, what did you think of the anniversary bike?  Since it's the exact same bike, only with different paint, it would just be the color scheme you went nuts over on the new one, right?  If anything, I would think there would be a better chance of your buddy kicking himself for not getting a '12, but then I could be biased. ::)

How does the new one feel compared to your '09?

The dealer told him that it shipped today and won't actually show up until Thursday or Friday now.  The differences, from what I gather, besides the paint and badging, are different floorboards, grips, brake and shift pegs, etc. and the change to the clutch.  I don't know if the paint will do it for me, but I wouldn't mind the change in floorboards and grips.  The bike I'm really worried about liking more than mine would be the stardust silver, but I don't know if anything can compare with the orange on my bike.  It's an awesome color.

Compared to my 09, the Ipod is a great addition, as well as the fairing mounted GPS.  It all works perfectly together and I no longer have to put my GPS in place just to listen to a jukebox full of music.  The seat is much more comfortable on my new bike, even after adding gel pads to the 09.  I don't remember my 09 ever being as good in the turns, but maybe it was when it was new and I'm starting to wonder if the handling deteriorates over time.  The speakers are OK, but I won't figure if I'll be upgrading until I have my exhaust installed.  I thought it would be on next week, but I found out today that the V&H Power Duals are on backorder until the end of the month.  I guess I'll just pretend I'm riding a Gold Wing until my pipes get here.  Surprisingly, I'm kind of enjoying how quiet the bike is right now, but I'm sure that will get old by the end of the month.  I've added the Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps, moved the tourpack back with the George Anderson relocator, put new tourpack hinges on, highway peg extensions, remote alarm module, passenger handrails, and several other odds and ends that shouldn't get scratched up changing out the exhaust.  As soon as I get my driver floorboard extenders on, I think I'll have everything I need to make the bike fit me perfectly.  I still have quite a few items ready to install, but I'm going to wait for the exhaust install.  One other thing, the clutch on my 09 was never as easy to pull or as smooth as this one is.  That I still remember from when my 09 was new and my clutch was very tight and loosened up over time, but it was never smooth like this one is.  As far as I am aware, there were no changes made, so I don't know why there is such a difference.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »

That's a pretty good list of mods already!  It's funny you say that the V&H power duals are on b/o.  I told my dealer I wanted Fullsac exhaust for mine which was on b/o at the time and so he was trying to talk me into the V&H which was readily available then.

I agree about the handling deteriorating over time.  I had that with my '04, too.  But, yeah, this '12 of mine seems extra willing in the curves for some reason.  I can't believe how it sticks to a line.  Hopefully, it stays that way.

You mentioned a passenger hand rail.  I'd be interesting in seeing some pics and getting part numbers of what you did there.  It's sort of the one thing the wife still misses from my SEEG.

Glad you're enjoying the new ride!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 04:51:43 PM »

Congrats on the new ride Dave. I love my 12. I would have got the O/B but I already have one and I know Ole Punkin would get jealous!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »

That's a pretty good list of mods already!  It's funny you say that the V&H power duals are on b/o.  I told my dealer I wanted Fullsac exhaust for mine which was on b/o at the time and so he was trying to talk me into the V&H which was readily available then.

I agree about the handling deteriorating over time.  I had that with my '04, too.  But, yeah, this '12 of mine seems extra willing in the curves for some reason.  I can't believe how it sticks to a line.  Hopefully, it stays that way.

You mentioned a passenger hand rail.  I'd be interesting in seeing some pics and getting part numbers of what you did there.  It's sort of the one thing the wife still misses from my SEEG.

Glad you're enjoying the new ride!

Sorry it took me a while to get a pic of the handrails.  The part I used is the handrail that fits up to 2008.  I found the positioning much better than the one that was for 09 and up, unless they have changed them now.  It is an extremely tight fit for the seat.  If you don't keep the seat strap on, it is possible for the bracket on the back of the seat, with the screw hole to bolt the seat to the fender, to break off up under the seat.  That happened to a friend of mine that used the same handrail and no seat strap.  Luckily, he was able to run a screw through the plastic under the back of the seat (where it actually broke) and put it back together in working condition.  The chrome and rubber grips on the rails are extra from Harley.  They are not only nice for a passenger, but also great for strapping something to the back seat...and they look great too.

IRISHSE

• IRISH
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2(SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:54 PM »

The dealer told him that it shipped today and won't actually show up until Thursday or Friday now.  The differences, from what I gather, besides the paint and badging, are different floorboards, grips, brake and shift pegs, etc. and the change to the clutch.  I don't know if the paint will do it for me, but I wouldn't mind the change in floorboards and grips.  The bike I'm really worried about liking more than mine would be the stardust silver, but I don't know if anything can compare with the orange on my bike.  It's an awesome color.

Compared to my 09, the Ipod is a great addition, as well as the fairing mounted GPS.  It all works perfectly together and I no longer have to put my GPS in place just to listen to a jukebox full of music.  The seat is much more comfortable on my new bike, even after adding gel pads to the 09.  I don't remember my 09 ever being as good in the turns, but maybe it was when it was new and I'm starting to wonder if the handling deteriorates over time.  The speakers are OK, but I won't figure if I'll be upgrading until I have my exhaust installed.  I thought it would be on next week, but I found out today that the V&H Power Duals are on backorder until the end of the month.  I guess I'll just pretend I'm riding a Gold Wing until my pipes get here.  Surprisingly, I'm kind of enjoying how quiet the bike is right now, but I'm sure that will get old by the end of the month.  I've added the Kuryakyn LED headlight and passing lamps, moved the tourpack back with the George Anderson relocator, put new tourpack hinges on, highway peg extensions, remote alarm module, passenger handrails, and several other odds and ends that shouldn't get scratched up changing out the exhaust.  As soon as I get my driver floorboard extenders on, I think I'll have everything I need to make the bike fit me perfectly.  I still have quite a few items ready to install, but I'm going to wait for the exhaust install.  One other thing, the clutch on my 09 was never as easy to pull or as smooth as this one is.  That I still remember from when my 09 was new and my clutch was very tight and loosened up over time, but it was never smooth like this one is.  As far as I am aware, there were no changes made, so I don't know why there is such a difference.

How do you like the passing lamps?  I'm torn between JW Speakers and these.  I had the Truck Lite passing lamps in my SEFB and they didn't show up well during the daytime which is when I want to be seen.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 09:52:34 PM »

How do you like the passing lamps?  I'm torn between JW Speakers and these.  I had the Truck Lite passing lamps in my SEFB and they didn't show up well during the daytime which is when I want to be seen.

The Truck Lite passing lamps are the Kuryakyn's...that's who makes them for Kuryakyn.  Not meaning to sound rude, but if you can't see those passing lamps day or night, you better head to the optometrist real soon.  Those things are blinding bright.  Maybe not standing up in front of the bike, but kneel down once and try to look into them.  Ask someone that rides with you what they see in the rearview mirror.  You can literally see them for at least a mile away traveling on long flat stretches.  As you can tell, I'm a fan of them, HOWEVER, I sold mine and bought the Harley headlamp and passing lamps.  The Harley lamps are more difficult to see in the daytime, but after following my friend at night with the Harley lamps, I had to have them.  I bought the ones from Kuryakyn originally because they were more visible in the daytime.  I hope to never find out if it was a mistake and someone plows me over in the daytime because they don't see my Harley lamps.

IRISHSE

• IRISH
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2(SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »

The Truck Lite passing lamps are the Kuryakyn's...that's who makes them for Kuryakyn.  Not meaning to sound rude, but if you can't see those passing lamps day or night, you better head to the optometrist real soon.  Those things are blinding bright.  Maybe not standing up in front of the bike, but kneel down once and try to look into them.  Ask someone that rides with you what they see in the rearview mirror.  You can literally see them for at least a mile away traveling on long flat stretches.  As you can tell, I'm a fan of them, HOWEVER, I sold mine and bought the Harley headlamp and passing lamps.  The Harley lamps are more difficult to see in the daytime, but after following my friend at night with the Harley lamps, I had to have them.  I bought the ones from Kuryakyn originally because they were more visible in the daytime.  I hope to never find out if it was a mistake and someone plows me over in the daytime because they don't see my Harley lamps.

I have the same Truck Lite ones then at home in my shop.  My friend  is who told me he couldn't see the Harley ones during the daytime.  Why I was asking.  I have the 4" JW Speakers in my Jeep for fogs and they are extremely bright both day and night, but are about $400.00 a set, but I guess my safety is worth more than $400.00.  I'll probably go JW Speakers for both look and function.

Picture is JW Speaker LED's

By the way great looking bike.  Like alot of the mods you've done especially passenger handles.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:31:38 AM by IRISHFATBOY »

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »

CONGRATS on the new ride.   :2vrolijk_21:    I do favor the orange/black & white colors. liked em on the earlier model as well. yes theres something different in handling character of new bikes ( so I think,but what do I know)

:orange: :bananarock:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:25 AM »

Great Choice! Love the Orange and Black, for some reason it just looks right! and 2k to play with  :2vrolijk_21:
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »

Dave, great colors choice, you coming to MVP this year?

napalm
napalm

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 10:32:34 PM »

Dave, great colors choice, you coming to MVP this year?

napalm

I haven't figured out what trips I'm splitting my vacation time up with yet for this year.  So many places to ride, so little time.  That's the week after Delmarva bike week and if I end up going there, I won't be able to make MVP.  I'm still working on getting myself to Myrtle Beach, since I just found out that I'm not going to Laconia.  September is still too far off for me to set up any plans.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 21 queries.