Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SKS - the poor mans assult rifle?  (Read 5197 times)

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: SKS - the poor mans assult rifle?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 10:02:17 AM »

I'm not a SKS expert by any means...........there are also Red China SKS's.  It has milled/machined parts in the receiver, some of the other brands/other nations mfgr have stamped steel parts instead of machined.  The milled/machined parts seem to be more durable over the long haul vs. stamped parts.  I've put a lot of rounds thru them, they are very reliable.

I've  never seen a reference to a "Red China" Variant SKS. The China Variants i find are Chinese Type 63, 68, 73, 81, 84.   However, the Norinco variant SKS is currently made by Norinco, a branch of the Red Chinese Government,,, I think you actually meant to refer to the Norinco version  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:07:15 AM by cvobiker »

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »

CVObiker,

I'm sure you are correct........I was referencing some Chinese versions that my friend has; he has several, and we've put a lot of rounds thru them.  Some of them have machined parts, some have stamped parts.  He bought a crate of them back in the 80's when he had a FFL.  Some of them came in very heavy carboard boxes that "looked" military, and they had red stars on the boxes.  That's what I was referring to.

I prefer the Russian SKS's, at least the ones I've shot.  As you stated they seem to have better quality than the Chinese versions.  Some of the Chinese versions have been pieced together from "non-matching" parts; several key pieces with different numbers on them.  The Russian versions I've seen are almost always "numbers matching" on mag well, trigger guard, upper receiver, lower receiver, stock, etc.

I don't have any exposure to the Albanian and Yugo.
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 02:21:00 AM »

I have a Romanian version of the AK-47 called the WASR-10. When I was in Afghanistan, the 101st Airborne Division that was stationed there had 101 special commemorative serial numbered rifles made with special markings and serial numbers from #001 thru #101. I have serial number 004 of 101.  Has OEF 09-10 and my call sign of "Big Daddy" engraved on the fore stock along with the 101st Airborne Medallion on the receiver.  Haven't fire it yet. Very special to me even though it might not be the best version out there.
Jesus is Lord

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 06:55:01 AM »

I have a Romanian version of the AK-47 called the WASR-10. When I was in Afghanistan, the 101st Airborne Division that was stationed there had 101 special commemorative serial numbered rifles made with special markings and serial numbers from #001 thru #101. I have serial number 004 of 101.  Has OEF 09-10 and my call sign of "Big Daddy" engraved on the fore stock along with the 101st Airborne Medallion on the receiver.  Haven't fire it yet. Very special to me even though it might not be the best version out there.

Sounds like a very special gun,(priceless)  And by the way thank you for your service  :2vrolijk_21:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 07:59:32 AM »

That's defiantly a keeper..  :2vrolijk_21:

Gank

• Senior CVO Member
  • Im from HQ, Im here to help :D

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »

This is my Norinco with the Dragonav stock

To Libs and NDP
"If we are not willing to commit our military when asked by the United Nations, for a NATO mission, in a country whose elected government wants us and whose citizens need us, then when would Canada be prepared to do so?"

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »

I have no idea where people are finding the SKS in the $100 price range.  At $100, I will take 50 of them.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.