Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2012 Softail Convertible fairing and wiring question  (Read 7478 times)

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE 3
    • CVO2: 2013 FXSBSE
Re: 2012 Softail Convertible fairing and wiring question
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »

I know someone will think "what an idiot" but I'd rather ask than not know.  On my 2012 convertible there is a wire that comes out of the fairings small glovebox type compartment.  Is that an iPod accessory wire or part of the GPS hookup?  I have started to pull it out to check but it seems tight in there so I didn't continue to pull so I wouldn't damage it if it were part of the GPS. As for the wiring question, where the fairing plugs in on the left side of the tank, there is another barrel type connector with a cap on it.  I haven't been able to figure out what it's for.  I have looked on here and saw it briefly mentioned once and that thread never recieved a straight answer.  I assume no one has had to deal with it yet is why they didn't get a straight answer, so thought it wouldn't hurt to reengage that topic.
                                                                                                                                           Hi, this extra wire is for heated grips (optional on 2012 cvo convertible) hope that will answer your question .

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

Re: 2012 Softail Convertible fairing and wiring question
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 08:15:52 PM »

I know someone will think "what an idiot" but I'd rather ask than not know.  On my 2012 convertible there is a wire that comes out of the fairings small glovebox type compartment.  Is that an iPod accessory wire or part of the GPS hookup?  I have started to pull it out to check but it seems tight in there so I didn't continue to pull so I wouldn't damage it if it were part of the GPS. As for the wiring question, where the fairing plugs in on the left side of the tank, there is another barrel type connector with a cap on it.  I haven't been able to figure out what it's for.  I have looked on here and saw it briefly mentioned once and that thread never recieved a straight answer.  I assume no one has had to deal with it yet is why they didn't get a straight answer, so thought it wouldn't hurt to reengage that topic.
Hi, the wire inside the glovebox can connect to a mobile phone or ipod.

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: 2012 Softail Convertible fairing and wiring question
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »

I tried to measure any voltage but get a zero on the meter.  How does this wire work.  I have a 2011 conv

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RedMoon

• Full CVO Member

Re: Re: 2012 Softail Convertible fairing and wiring question
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »

I tried to measure any voltage but get a zero on the meter.  How does this wire work.  I have a 2011 conv

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
One wire in the glove box to connect to the speakers. The wire has no power.There is another wire hidden behind the headlights (with a bundle of wires) which you can connect optional to handlebar heated handgrips which you buy separately.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 22 queries.