Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Help me pick  (Read 4049 times)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: Help me pick
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »

I have a Schuberth C3. No buffeting and quite comfortable. Expensive, but I would buy another one.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »

I went to the local BMW dealer to try the Schuberth on. If you think Harley dealers have bad service, these people were horrible but the helmet was amazing. Expensive but you get what you pay for...
Alan

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »

Try "Shark Evoline Series 3". IMO the best helmet.

Ride safe and have fun.
X2 Love ours

BgiLew

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »

I just got a Schuberth C3 at the BMW dealership in Ft. Worth, Texas.  Really nice bunch of guys, helpful, informative and good salesmen.  They even talked me into looking at the 1600, which I might add is pretty impressive in it's more sportive way.

I'll let you know what I think of the C3 after I get a few rides in it.  The features are pretty cool and the helmet feels great.  I did not get the audio insert, maybe later when I'm absolutely sure about the helmet.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »

You also need to take a look at the Shoei Neotec.  It and the Nolan N-104 are supposed to be the best ventilated flip face helmet on the market.  Take a look on the Revzilla website for reviews of all the above mentioned helmets.  Revzilla has great customer service and do free exchanges.  Also, look/read on the Webikeworld website for all you ever wanted to know about helmets and helmet fitment.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »

I got a Nolan N104 and really like it.  1st time with a full face/flip up and it was an easy adjustment.  I mounted a SENA headset and am not totally happy with the sound quality of the speakers but it is nice to be able to communicate with 3 others.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »

I just got a Schuberth C3 at the BMW dealership in Ft. Worth, Texas.  Really nice bunch of guys, helpful, informative and good salesmen.  They even talked me into looking at the 1600, which I might add is pretty impressive in it's more sportive way.

I'll let you know what I think of the C3 after I get a few rides in it.  The features are pretty cool and the helmet feels great.  I did not get the audio insert, maybe later when I'm absolutely sure about the helmet.

Only one ride with the C3, first impression:  Real quite, can barely hear the stereo on the FLHXSE3.  The only noise is predominantly from the Drago's SCS4 pipes coming from underneath the helmet (which adds to drowning out the stereo).  I wasn't crazy about the ventilation, but then again this is the first full face modular helmet that I've owned.  I think the helmet will be great for colder weather and I think I'll wear my half helmet in the summer.  I wish somehow that I could get all of the HD Karmon blue toothed through the C3 audio headset.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.