Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Schuberth C3 Flip up Helmet  (Read 9581 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Schuberth C3 Flip up Helmet
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »

I too have a Shark Evo and it is heavy and I think it is extremely noisy. Anyone compare to this C3

BigLew :orange:

Lew...it is heavier than most flip face helmets out there, no doubt about that.  The noise?  It varies with the speed I'm going, but I also listen to tunes through my headset exclusively, so it doesn't bother me as much.  I don't think we'll get a head to head comparison between the two, but I know for sure the C3 has about the lowest db rating there is.

I wish they weren't so damn expensive...I'm sure they are worth it, but I sure wish I could find one on sale somewhere.  If you run across any on sale, let me know.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SEB103

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »

I have a C3 and sent it to J&M to have them put the unit in.  It works great!  I tried the BT integrated module but the volume and sound clarity can't compare with the wired J&M unit.  The C3 is the best modular I have ever owned (had to modify it a little for one hot spot) and with the J&M unit it is as close to perfect as I have found!

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »

I've had the Schuberth C3 now for a couple months.  Fits well and is a great helmet.  Bought it on sale for $699 :-)

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
Schubert-c3-helmet
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »

There has been great discussions regarding this helmet.  Also I have read many reviews.  The one question I cannot find is this:  Since this helmet does not have the "typical" strap with the metal ring on the end, How can one lock it on the bike??? Don't want to carry it with me, and it's too expensive to just leave it on the bike..
Can it be locked securely???

Thanks,
Stan

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Schubert-c3-helmet
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »

If it's like the Nolan helmet fastener (and I think it's either the same or very similar) you could run a small locking cable through the nylon webbing that holds the mechanism.  It would keep an honest person from stealing it the same way as hooking it through the D rings does.  There would be some way to do it, but it would involve a coated cable and lock.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hellesjo

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »

You should also check out the new Shoei Evotec. Some people and tests states that it is better than the C3.

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »

Since I already bought the Schuberth, I wont be checking out the Shoei  :drink:

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 12:01:05 AM »

I tried on the Schuberth and absolutely loved it when the flip was up but just cant get used to a full face helmet. I went on line and found that Schuberth sells a 3/4 helmet in Europe (the J1). My son plays football (American football, not the sissy stuff...) in the Euro league so I had him buy me one and is shipping it over. I will post after I get it and hopefully it will be the "perfect helmet"...
Alan

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 01:31:07 AM »

Anyone know how to lock this helmet on the bike?

HDSLK

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »

Anyone know how to lock this helmet on the bike?

I have only had my C3 for a few days and so far I love it. At 80 mph (no windshield) I feel 0, zilch, nada buffeting or even any wind pressure at all. And, as others have said, it is really quiet! After paying $699 for it, I got a cable lock (gun lock too short) that I'm going to use when I feel the need.

BTW, I had a Suomy modular before this one and while I liked it at first (kinda big) after a year, it's basically falling apart.

BH
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point.” C.S. Lewis

HDSLK

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
Re: Schubert-c3-helmet
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »

I just got my C3 a few days ago and so far I absolutely love it. My plan is to use a short coated cable lock for those times when I feel the need to lock it to the bike. At $699, you're right...too expensive to just leave.
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at its testing point.” C.S. Lewis

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:33 PM »

I just got my C3 a few days ago and so far I absolutely love it. My plan is to use a short coated cable lock for those times when I feel the need to lock it to the bike. At $699, you're right...too expensive to just leave.

What part of the helmet does the cable go through? Is it strong enough to secure it?

Thanks

(a picture of where it threads through would be Excellent!!) Thanks so Much....!

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 03:07:39 PM »

I finally got to try one one.  Very nicely built, unfortunately not good for my head shape..I however can see what folks like about it.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »

I have a C3 and sent it to J&M to have them put the unit in.  It works great!  I tried the BT integrated module but the volume and sound clarity can't compare with the wired J&M unit.  The C3 is the best modular I have ever owned (had to modify it a little for one hot spot) and with the J&M unit it is as close to perfect as I have found!

Seb103,

Which J&M headset did you go with and would you still recommend it over the Schuberth headset?
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »

I lock mine in my tour pack. When I don't have the tour pack on, I just leave it on the rider backrest. So far it's been OK.  In 10 years of leaving helmets on the bike, I've never had one stolen. I do worry though.  I also have a cable system to lock the "D" ring type down to the crash bar, but I haven't tried it on the new helmet.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.