Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: FINALLY! LED Lights for the SERGC  (Read 27245 times)

PJinHouston

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

Re: FINALLY! LED Lights for the SERGC
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »

what is the part number?
*2007 FXSTSSE CVO Softail Springer
2017 FLTRXS Road Glide Special (sold to family member)
2015 FXSB Breakout (sold)
2015 FLHT Limited (sold)
2012 FXDF Fat Bob (sold)
2012 FXTRXSE CVO Road Glide Custom (sold)
2003 FLHRI 100th Anniversary Road King (sold)
1993 FXSTC Softail Custom (sold)

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »

what is the part number?

do you want the part numbers of my hids?

PJinHouston

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »

i was under the impression there was a harley part number
2015 FLHT Limited (sold)
2012 FXDF Fat Bob (sold)

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2012, 11:18:53 PM »

i was under the impression there was a harley part number

they are not harley parts.harley leds are over $700,my hids $100.

PJinHouston

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2012, 11:30:51 PM »

i prefer the harley leds
2015 FLHT Limited (sold)
2012 FXDF Fat Bob (sold)

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »

i prefer the harley leds

personal preference.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2012, 08:33:18 PM »

i like the look of the leds,but not the price.my buddy had the hids like mine and switched to the leds.he said the hids were brighter,but he wanted the leds.my hids were $100 shipped and lifetime guarantee.

Interesting I have seen other posts on the site and on a road glide site, this is the first post I have seen where the HID is brighter than the LED.  All other posts I have seen have said the LED were brighter.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »

Interesting I have seen other posts on the site and on a road glide site, this is the first post I have seen where the HID is brighter than the LED.  All other posts I have seen have said the LED were brighter.

i bought these  55w hi and low,6000k.i used 6000k because it is the whitest color.i did not want a blue tint.if you go higher than 6000k they turn blue in color.if you buy them make sure you chose the right options.pm me and i will give you details.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2012, 04:45:49 PM »

Are the daymaker user installable or is or better to take it to the stealer? Thanks .

I think your able to remove the headlight unitl from the front of the fairing and perform the install without removing the fairing.   :confused5:  I'm sure someone will chime in on this since a lot of people have been waiting for this product.  i'm hoping so, i hate removing the shark fairing, its a pain to hook back on and every time you draw those screws you weaken the connection.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »

I think your able to remove the headlight unitl from the front of the fairing and perform the install without removing the fairing.   :confused5:  I'm sure someone will chime in on this since a lot of people have been waiting for this product.  i'm hoping so, i hate removing the shark fairing, its a pain to hook back on and every time you draw those screws you weaken the connection.

you have to remove the front fairing.it is a pain in the rear,but doable.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »

If you can, take pictures as you go along.  I'm not to keen about drilling into the fairing for the new headlamps, but on the otherhand if their a different size, that makes sense.  Make sure you have a helper to get the fairing back on. You will see a black hook type bracket below the radio about 8 inches.  The fairing has to go up and over, it hooks on to that bracket.  It can be a bugger to do by yourself!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »

If you can, take pictures as you go along.  I'm not to keen about drilling into the fairing for the new headlamps, but on the otherhand if their a different size, that makes sense.  Make sure you have a helper to get the fairing back on. You will see a black hook type bracket below the radio about 8 inches.  The fairing has to go up and over, it hooks on to that bracket.  It can be a bugger to do by yourself!

i was told you have to drill holes because they can be adjusted from the rear.why spend $700 and drill your fairing when hids are brighter and 1/6th the price?to each his own.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »

This is the first I've heard about having to drill any holes.  If the lights mount to the same headlamp bracket, I can't imagine why there would be a need to drill any holes, and it also seems to me that you could install the lights without removing the fairing, at least on the newer model RG's.  I was able to install the HID's, ballasts, etc without removing the fairing, and the LED's don't even require finding a place for the ballasts to mount.  There are already two holes on the inner fairing for headlamp adjustment.

I don't get it... :nixweiss:

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »

i was wrong about drilling holes.here is a install from another forum.the headlight adjusters are the problem.

Hi all, this weekend I splurged and bought a set of chrome Daymaker headlights for my 2011 FLTRX. I have had the fairing off a couple of times, done some wiring, and was confident I could manage the project. Not so fast my friends.So here goes; I pulled the Daymaker headlight assembly and other items from the box. I reviewed the instructions and knew this would be about a 60-90 minute job for me. I put the bike on the jack to raise it up so I could work on it without bending too much. I then removed the front fairing and the stock bezel and headlamps. I install the Daymaker’s per the instructions and had absolutely no problems; but this is where it all starts.

After I installed the lights I could not get the fairing onto the mounting hooks. I take about 45 minutes and move and zip tie the wires all around thinking that the wiring harness was blocking the install. I still cannot get the fairing onto the hooks. I then removed Daymaker assembly from the fairing and the fairing goes right onto the hooks without issue. So I examined the headlight assembly to see if the actual assembly is blocking the ability to mount the fairing onto the hooks. I see some plastic on the assembly in the area where the hooks should go so I think that maybe those are keeping the fairing from getting onto the hooks. I melt that plastic down and re-install the assembly in the fairing. I still am not having luck getting the fairing onto the hooks. By now I can see where the lower light adjustment screws on the rear of the Daymaker’s are hitting the fairing. So I now have found why the fairing won’t go back on.

At this time I start adjusting the adjustment screws (screwing them down) and the fairing mounts up real nice with the assembly installed. The problem now is my lights are now facing the sky and the bezel wont seat. I start to adjust the adjustment screws back out and in the end, three hours after I started this simple project, realize that they simply won’t allow my lights to be adjusted properly and at the same time be able to mount the fairing and install the bezel.

The resolution - so I ended up taking the adjustment screws from the stock headlamp assembly (which are about ¾” shorter), installed those onto the Daymakers and ten minutes later the project is done. The stock adjustment screws and green tabs were a perfect fit. The Daymaker assembly fits into the fairing, the fairing fits onto the hooks, and the bezel fits. All done.

If the damn directions would have mentioned to use the stock adjustment screws this project would have taken about 60 to 70 minutes for me. In the end, it took about four hours. I hope this saves someone some time if they have the same problem. I unfortunately will never recover the three hours I lost. On the bright side, I worked up a great thirst and quenched it beautifully.

Sorry, no pics, did not even think about it until now.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »

i was wrong about drilling holes.here is a install from another forum.the headlight adjusters are the problem.

That is nearly priceless information.  Will save (no doubt me someday) some of us those same hours fighting one sometime before seeing what you've already discovered.  Thanks for posting the details.  Good info :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.