Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: charging system  (Read 640 times)

Harley09

• at bike nite
charging system
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »

I have an 09 Ultra 110 Cvo  when i am going down the road my amp Gauge goes crazy i have been told its my alternator
i also have two other friends that have had the same problem same bike same year  and then i found out they have friends that had the same problems    and they have had to pay 500 plus to get fixed out of pocket
have anyone had this problem   and the bikes only have less then 36.000 miles
thanks

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: charging system
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »

I had a similar issue with my '06 SG. I bought a volt gauge that plugged into the cig lighter and rode the bike. When the gauge went wacko I checked it against my cig lighter gauge and it was reading properly. I removed my fairing and found a loose connection on the back of the gauge. Fixed the connection and never had another issue. Don't know if that is your problem, but the cig lighter gauge will help you determine if the bike really isn't charging. I got the cig lighter gauge from NAPA for like 20 bucks.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: charging system
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:39:46 PM »

I had a similar issue with my '06 SG. I bought a volt gauge that plugged into the cig lighter and rode the bike. When the gauge went wacko I checked it against my cig lighter gauge and it was reading properly. I removed my fairing and found a loose connection on the back of the gauge. Fixed the connection and never had another issue. Don't know if that is your problem, but the cig lighter gauge will help you determine if the bike really isn't charging. I got the cig lighter gauge from NAPA for like 20 bucks.

Good info. Hope it's that simple for the '09 owners.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.