Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Passed dB Check  (Read 1587 times)

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
Passed dB Check
« on: October 03, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »

Took the bike to Kapaun AS this morning to get inspected.  Was highly recommended to go today it was German holiday and the Germans would not be there. The American GI's aren't as critical.  Apparently the German inspectors are the ones that can be pain in the a$$. Bike passed sound check.  88.7 dB at 2500 RPM.  Limit is 95 dB.  Just after I went through a Lt Col came in with a new Road Glide and Rinehart slip-ons.  I was surprised to see that he passed.  The Rineharts I had on my old bike were definitely about the 95dB level. Not sure if it was case of the the Americans doing the check or that he was a Chaplain.  :-\  Going to the local HD dealer tomorrow to get the plate relocation kit.  German plates are huge and do not fit under the tour packs. Tie wraps are not authorized.  THe leaves are changing quick, this weekend is supposed to be nice.  Plan on spending the three day weekend on the road.  Apparently HD doesn't want us using the cruise above 80MPH.  While coming back home on the autobahn is kept kicking off near 80.  At 75 MPH is stayed on. Has anyone else seen this?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Passed dB Check
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »

HD cruise control works from about 35 mph to 80 mph.  I believe it so states in your owner's manual. 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

SciFiGuy

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSEIII
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

HD cruise control works from about 35 mph to 80 mph.  I believe it so states in your owner's manual. 

From the 2013 Owners Manual, maybe different on the 06  :nixweiss:

"The system will not work at vehicle speeds below 30 mph 48 km/h or above 90 mph 145 km/h."
2012 CVO FLHXIII Citrus/Gunstock

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »

The cruise control on "Sheila" doesn't shut down until I get past 100mph...  must be different set ups throughtout.   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 08:34:11 PM »

Probably an adjustment, mine works great at 90MPH. Seems to hum along better at 80 and up.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

Probably an adjustment, mine works great at 90MPH. Seems to hum along better at 80 and up.

Absolutely... I found out the sweet spot for keeping bugs and stuff from getting in my face, while using an OEM 10" Replacement (Chrome) windshield, is right at 77mph.

No more bugs sneaking in under the fairing, and pushing everything else well above my helmet.   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »

I'm also surprised the Rineharts passed!
2020 CVO Limited

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

what you can do, had to do it on my 07, is set the cruise at 75mph and then use the cruise button to increase the speed. The most I could get was 85mph. If it is cutting off look down by the gas tank at the frame. Follow the throttle cables to where you see 2 wires connecting there. Disconnect the front wire toward the front of the bike. May not make any difference which wire I just know the front one worked for me.
this will disconnect the cruise sensor. Everything will work like normal except when you roll the throttle froward it will not cut off the cruise when set.
Do it at your own risk. safe guard here for me. lol

dd
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.