Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone looking to get your bike to Doc for a tune?  (Read 3551 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Anyone looking to get your bike to Doc for a tune?
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »

I've been dealing with Doc for a while. I'm buying my second TTS from him now. He has always been exceptional at customer service with me and several have had positive comments on his tuning.
I am thinking about making the trip from coastal North Carolina to his place near Orlando sometime near the end of November or early December. I will be using my 14x7 enclosed trailer and it looks like I can haul three baggers at once with some planning and additional mounts. (Comments/experience welcomed if you have had three in one of these.) You may be too far from Doc but close enough to me and we can all benefit.
Granted I am just looking at doing this but would anyone be interested in sending their bike down to Doc when I go? You would need to get your bike here or meet me on the way. Sorry no riders and your dealings with Doc would be between you and him.
RETIRED! :fireman:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Anyone looking to get your bike to Doc for a tune?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »

I am thinking about making the trip from coastal North Carolina to his place near Orlando sometime near the end of November or early December. I will be using my 14x7 enclosed trailer and it looks like I can haul three baggers at once with some planning and additional mounts.

BP

I have a 14X7 Haulmark and there is no way I could haul three baggers in it safely.
I tried to fit three Screamin Eagles (1 SERG, 1 SERGC, 1 SEUC) and it was to tight.
Three Lowriders or three Sportsters maybe but not three dressers.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »

BP

I have a 14X7 Haulmark and there is no way I could haul three baggers in it safely.
I tried to fit three Screamin Eagles (1 SERG, 1 SERGC, 1 SEUC) and it was to tight.
Three Lowriders or three Sportsters maybe but not three dressers.

SBB

Thanks SBB, I was thinking that I could remove the bags and leave them here since the bikes will not be ridden. My bike needs 8' in length the bars need almost 4'. Definitely would need to tie them well and check often but I do that anyway. Two just seems to be a lot of wasted space but if thats all I can get I'll just have to limit the trip to two or just take mine.  ;) I need two more baggers to experiment with first or talk to someone that has done it IF it can be done. Packing them in is not the time to learn! I might not have anyone interested anyway but I think I'm going regardless.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »

You can not haul three dresser size bikes in a 14 SAFELY. It just will not work. You may get them in there but ANY movement and they are damaged. Maybe a eight wide but never a 7. I have tried, it is to risky, Remember you are tieing them down to hold them in a wreck, not just vertical while you are shaking the bars by hand. No matter how tight you think you have them, when that trailer slams into a solid object the tiedowns stretch based on weight. So a 900# bike will move a 1" strap a lot, a 1.5" a little less and a 2" even less but all will stretch.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »

X 3 and by the way, a dresser is 8.5 ft long fender tip to tip.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »

Thanks guys. Saves a lot of trouble.
I'll be taking my street glide and one additional bike. If anyone is interested, post here or send me a PM and we'll work out the details. It will be an easy way to get a tune by Doc for someone living on the east coast or northeast.
Thanks

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »

Getting ready for this trip on at the end of November. I can use the trailer and take two or put my bike in the back of one of the work vans. Doc is about booked for this time period. If anyone wants to have me take their bike down, now is the time to let me know. My wife and I may ride our bike on the Key West if the weather is nice. If so your bike will remain with Doc untile we load for home. Cost will be half of the gas bill or around $250 round trip.
If I don't hear from anyone in a week, I'll start getting one of the vans ready!!

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »

Keep in mind Doc requires a signed release from liability form before he touches a bike.
2015 FLTRUSE

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 08:54:12 AM »

Keep in mind Doc requires a signed release from liability form before he touches a bike.

I'm not sure why that is an issue (it's not with me); he has one of the best reputations as a tuner out there.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »

I'm not sure why that is an issue (it's not with me); he has one of the best reputations as a tuner out there.
I think he was implying that if the OP takes someone else's bike to Doc (and the owner of bike isn't present) they will need that form signed in advance for Doc to tune the bike. If he takes the bike there and the owner hasn't signed the liability release Doc probably will not tune it. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »

I think he was implying that if the OP takes someone else's bike to Doc (and the owner of bike isn't present) they will need that form signed in advance for Doc to tune the bike. If he takes the bike there and the owner hasn't signed the liability release Doc probably will not tune it. :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks for straightening me out Fireman, my bad.....I completely misunderstood his intended messge.   :rolleyes4:
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 12:26:27 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

BINGO!
Exactly. The OP was asking if he could take other owners bikes down to Doc but he couldn't take the bike owner along.
So the OP would need a signed "Release From Liability" form, from the bike's owner.
It would be best to contact Doc before hand to see how OP could proceed with getting another owner's bike tuned. Without the actual owner being present.
2015 FLTRUSE

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »

BINGO!
Exactly. The OP was asking if he could take other owners bikes down to Doc but he couldn't take the bike owner along.
So the OP would need a signed "Release From Liability" form, from the bike's owner.
It would be best to contact Doc before hand to see how OP could proceed with getting another owner's bike tuned. Without the actual owner being present.

Thats it. Doc is on board for another bike to be brought down with mine. He has filled up the day prior and the following day. If no one chimes in I'll call him so he can fill that spot too.
BTW: My primary tow vehicle got rear ended by a jeep and a semi yesterday. Lucky that I have a back up!

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.