Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Risers and Handlebars  (Read 3389 times)

blackant

• CVO1: 2006 CVO SE Fat Boy
Risers and Handlebars
« on: October 16, 2012, 12:43:29 AM »

Hi everyeone.

Its my first time on this site.  I'm a member of another harley site as well but I figure this site is for us riders with CVOs only and might help me out as I'm a newbie.

Has anyone had any luck with risers?  I have an 06 SEFB and changed the bars to the 2011 CVO softail convertible mini apes.  They look great but the bike still doesn't fit like I want it to.  A little background...

I've had my CVO Fat Boy for 2 years now but still consider myself a newbie (when it comes to miles in the saddle). The first bike I ever rode was a heritage softail. I loved the way it handled and have been trying to get my bike to handle like that. So far I've changed the beach type bars the CVO FB came with to the CVO mini apes from the CVO convertible. I compared these bars and they are pretty close (I didn't get the heritage bars because the CVO bars looked "cooler" and were very close).

FLST/I Heritage Softail 2006
Height = 7"
Width = 31"
Pullback = 11"

CVO Softail Convertible 2010 - 2011
Height = 7-1/2"
Width = 33"
Pullback = 12"

Source: Motorcycle Stock Handlebars Measurements - Stock Bars

What else can I do to make the CVO Fat Boy fit (and handle) like a softail Heritage? Change the seat? (I already exchanged the solo seat for a tall boy) Change the risers? Windshield?

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I'm not logging as many miles as I would be if I was more comfortable (i.e. felt more in control).

Thanks,
Jim

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Risers and Handlebars
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 11:30:34 AM »

Ive got these that I took off my misses Fat Bob, they are 1 1/4 in in the clamping area.

I dont know if they come in chrome.

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.