Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR Chrome Inner Primary Housing?  (Read 1691 times)

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
FXR Chrome Inner Primary Housing?
« on: August 28, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »

You may have read here that I had painted-parts "issues", and have been waiting to get my "4" fixed since it was knocked over in Mar '06. The stealer finally got all the parts, and finished the work Saturday morning.

Since part of the repair order had them tearing apart the primary anyway, I asked them to order me a chrome inner primary housing (IPH) and install it at the same time. Stealer Bob confirmed, and lifted $365 from my wallet-side.

I arrived to pick up my bike Saturday morning with eager anticipation of it being whole again, and could not wait to see the new chrome additions. But alas, as always I was terribley dissapointed to be met with the news that nobody makes a chrome IPH for the FXR: not H-D, not Custom Crome, not Drag Specialties, not Krome Werks, nobody! Yeah, apparantly stealer Bob had ordered and confirmed receipt of a shiny new chrome IPH for a SOFTAIL! no difference there, is there?? Aren't all H-D parts interchangeable??? Duh! See the thread about educating Stealership staff about CVO's and expand it to educating them about MOTORCYCLE's)

So, having finished venting, my question to you - the knowledgeable and wise, is this: Do you know or have you ever seen a chrome IPH for an FXR? Do you know where such might be available? I find it overwhelmingly hard to believe that H-D MoCo's "best" model ever, extremely popular for a decade in the era of excess never had a chrome replacement for such a significant component. Do I really have to buy a second IPH and have it dipped myself?
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
Re: FXR Chrome Inner Primary Housing?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »

Killjoy,
Not sure if you have found a chrome inner primary yet but thise site shows that they stock them.

http://www.motormansupply.com/0871.asp

Hope this info is helful.

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »

Thanks SC, I'll check it out.

RedFXR2

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

Excuse me if I butt in here and offer a "Welcome" to Stone Cold.  Always good to have another FXR guy on board. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

And as is usual practice to all newcomers, this applies to your bike:

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Again, welcome aboard and come back often.

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:39:17 PM »

Oh my! Please excuse my blatent rudeness!

SC, I didn't even pay attention to notice your Newbie status. Add my welcome, and thanks for jumpin' right in with both feet and some really good info!

(Thanks for pointing that out Red.

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 07:13:41 PM »

Thanks all
I am glad to be part of this great group.It is great to have so much info available from so many very knowledgeable people.

elvislee

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »

Killjoy,
Not sure if you have found a chrome inner primary yet but thise site shows that they stock them.

http://www.motormansupply.com/0871.asp

Hope this info is helful.

Yes...Thanks for that link; man, they got a lot of cool stuff. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.