Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Good Trade?? As the Bar & Shield Turns  (Read 4827 times)

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
Re: Good Trade?? Really!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 04:03:55 AM »

My misses loves hers, no complaints at all.  IMO Harley hit a home run on this one.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 05:05:47 AM »

KBB showed trade-in of $21K.... the CVO anni road king is $29,999?...

Sure.. the dealer will take yours in on trade.. and mark it up to put out on the floor to resell....

Make your best deal and see what they offer you...

I'd offer $7K Out the door.... (But thats my cheap azz)

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »

I'm just trying to say the trade sounds like a great deal at face value but you should think hard about the comfort levels of each bike. In '07 I traded an e classic for a Rk thinking I wanted more choices for bar hopping and could still tour by changing seats etc.

For me, it was a horrible idea, I spent thousands of dollars to make the RK as comfortable as the Classic and it never did "make the grade". Went back in '11 with a ruse. Whoever said less is more was a dumbazz.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »

If you really want the new anniversary RK and based on what your '09 is really worth, have you considered purchasing the new RK straight out and then selling your UC?  You might lose a bit on the purchase outright vs. trade in on taxes (Tennessee only requires sales tax on the difference in a trade...not sure about everywhere else) but more than make up for it on a better return on investment for your SEUC.  If it's an affordable option, might be the way to go... :2vrolijk_21:

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »

I'm not sure why the HD Dealers are dealing as much as they are but I like it.

It is because they have a "bucket load" of air cooled engines including the "hot" 110's in inventory to unload this year before the water/oil cooled engines appear in 2014!!!  :D

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »

It is because they have a "bucket load" of air cooled engines including the "hot" 110's in inventory to unload this year before the water/oil cooled engines appear in 2014!!!  :D

Are you dating the poolboy's sister? LOL  :2vrolijk_21:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »

Don't know his sister, but I think twolane dated him a couple of times. I'm just guessing on that....Don shore gets it inside skinny from somewhere :nixweiss:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »

Don't know his sister, but I think twolane dated him a couple of times. I'm just guessing on that....Don shore gets it inside skinny from somewhere :nixweiss:

Ah.... the pool boy's sister.  Now there's a story....   ???

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 02:46:19 AM »

Ah.... the pool boy's sister.  Now there's a story....   ???

....and?

:worthless:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 07:22:23 AM »

I couldn't give up an ultra for a road king.  There would be too much I would be giving up.   I can't see doing it. I always liked all the 09s too.   I wouldn't do it.  :nixweiss:    Seems like for 8k you are giving up a lot.  What are you really getting besides a new bike?

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Good Trade?? As the Bar & Shield Turns
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »

Well, Well. 3 days into my 2 week(at least) wait, got a call from X-roads HD and the Anni SERK is in????????? Come up today and make the deal. Sounds fishy to me, I think he saw the look on my face and went out to another dealer and got the scoot for a "Sure Sale" The MoCo might keep alot of secrets from the dealers......but ship dates on inventory can't be on of them. I'm really starting to think twice now :confused5:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

Oh Yea, they know the ship dates. Within a few weeks of shipment. They gave me a ship date for my 09 then when it was time to deliver they backed up the date three weeks. Then a Couple days later after my bubble was busted the dealer called and said it's here ( W T F ) anyway, they get dates. Just the MOCO don't aways deliver what's promised.  :nixweiss:

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 09:38:02 PM »

Well the quest is now offically over. Couldn't get it off my mind so I leathered up (49 d) and headed for the mtns. I get up there and as I drinkin the 1st cup of coffee, they are all over my scoot. Piddle around on my 3rd cup as the saleman sits behind his desk looking up now and again to ask BSQ like "Do you still have the stock tailight?" When he hands me a folded piece of paper, which I unfold to reveil $14,563.57 All I can say is "Why the different $$$$" He gives a BSA "well you front fairing has a scratch and the boss won't let us paint a CVO and it will take 8 wks to get a new one" My only answer to him is well thats about $800.00 of it how bout the other $6,000. Of course I said this while walking out the door. Another dream squashed by the MoCo. Would have been a weak trade at best. The SERK had a nice set of speakers(4) but you had to provide your own I-Pod. Wait.......my '09 has AM/FM, Weather, CB, Sirus. MP3, I-Pod and Intercom.......yep thats a trade up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »

Good job,,, I'm glad you're sticking with your ultra.   You know it had to be a scam to get you back in there and all excited for a new ride.  Glad you held off.  You have more that that bike would ever have anyway. 

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 04:13:04 AM »

Well the quest is now offically over. Couldn't get it off my mind so I leathered up (49 d) and headed for the mtns. I get up there and as I drinkin the 1st cup of coffee, they are all over my scoot. Piddle around on my 3rd cup as the saleman sits behind his desk looking up now and again to ask BSQ like "Do you still have the stock tailight?" When he hands me a folded piece of paper, which I unfold to reveil $14,563.57 All I can say is "Why the different $$$$" He gives a BSA "well you front fairing has a scratch and the boss won't let us paint a CVO and it will take 8 wks to get a new one" My only answer to him is well thats about $800.00 of it how bout the other $6,000. Of course I said this while walking out the door. Another dream squashed by the MoCo. Would have been a weak trade at best. The SERK had a nice set of speakers(4) but you had to provide your own I-Pod. Wait.......my '09 has AM/FM, Weather, CB, Sirus. MP3, I-Pod and Intercom.......yep thats a trade up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're full of doo-doo.... you know full well they will have someone local touch up the fairing and mark it upupupupupup!

I think the RK would be a nice "in addition to" kind of bike... but never replacing an ultra.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.