Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout  (Read 30705 times)

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »

Was talking with support today at V/H.  They tell me they have a Breakout that was lent to them for a few days so they can do measurements to find out what exhausts will fit. 

Gave them my email address.  Dave there said they would let me know the second they have all the info.

on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

This is excellent...I can't wait to get a "real" exhaust system and fuel management on this bike to truly make it complete...... :cucumber:
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Re: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:20:58 AM »

Thanks for the update, let us know the second you find out (although I have been instructed by wife-no mods).  That exhaust system is just so damn weak.

Was talking with support today at V/H.  They tell me they have a Breakout that was lent to them for a few days so they can do measurements to find out what exhausts will fit.  

Gave them my email address.  Dave there said they would let me know the second they have all the info.

on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

This is excellent...I can't wait to get a "real" exhaust system and fuel management on this bike to truly make it complete...... :cucumber:

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »

[on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

[/quote]

Z! Sweet! :bananarock:  Talked to my dealer yesterday and mine good to go for February delivery.  They have not had any other Breakouts come in, but he did say they two others on order for delivery in April that are already sold.  My plan is to have the exhaust mod done at the dealer with the new V/H @ 2 into 1 BR.  I do not have a lot of experience with tuners but seems the popular ones are V/H, TTS Mastertune, Cobra, etc.  Looking for something that once it is installed it is done and I don't have to mess around with it again.  Any suggestions?
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

Looked on V/H website today and noticed that the tag they once had for the 2 into 1 not yet available for the breakout is gone.  Does anyone know if they are in fact now compatible with the Breakouts?

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »

Looked on V/H website today and noticed that the tag they once had for the 2 into 1 not yet available for the breakout is gone.  Does anyone know if they are in fact now compatible with the Breakouts?

I did just talk with Scott at V/H....didn't know why the blog entry had been removed, but said the BR 2-1 would be ready for the Breakout in late December....bummer...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »

Interesting, I just called before seeing your post and the guy I talked to there said March????

I did just talk with Scott at V/H....didn't know why the blog entry had been removed, but said the BR 2-1 would be ready for the Breakout in late December....bummer...

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »

I do not have a lot of experience with tuners but seems the popular ones are V/H, TTS Mastertune, Cobra, etc.  Looking for something that once it is installed it is done and I don't have to mess around with it again.  Any suggestions?

Hi B2B,

I already have my Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro autotuner for the Breakout...received it last week.  Cobra confirmed that the part number for the 2012 Softail CVO works fine with the Breakout, so they are using the same Cobra part number as with the 2012 ...692-1626AT.

I have been using this unit on my V-Rod since I bought it back in September.  Love it.  install and forget it.  has only 4 connections: two to the o2 sensors and one to each injector module, plus ground.  That's it.  It only autotunes during acceleration, and sends a pre-determined AFR during cruise(you can modify this fuel rate via a pod on the circuit board of the unit if you need to add or subtract some fuel for cruising).

The difference in power and throttle response on my V-Rod was very noticable.  I actually put on my hi-flow A/C and exhaust on the V-Rod and rode it for a few miles( not too much since it would be running really lean in this configuration), then added the Cobra, and BAM, it was like night and day....

Another reason I like the Cobra is that since you are not jacking with the stock ECU load whatsoever, there can be no finger pointing if a have a warranty issue.  Pop off the four connections and you are runninng the bike bone stock from an air-fuel ratio perspective.  I know there are some folks out there that like a fueler that allows them to tinker with the setup to allow for the highest performance, and that's great for the folks that like to do that, I'm just not one of them.

I'm going to go ahead and install the Cobra now with my V/H slip-ons, and then it will automatically pickup and recognize the 2-1 full system when I can get it from V/H....

Jeff

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »

Interesting, I just called before seeing your post and the guy I talked to there said March????

Well, there you go!  So this means we check the site every few days until it actually shows up for our bike I suppose...

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

I'm new to this site but I got a new 2013 breakout and got the vance &hines 2 into 1 big radius exhaust
and it fit perfectly. It sounds great! Part # is 28019 if anybody is wondering. :bananarock:

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »

pics please- and what color did you get and where?

I'm new to this site but I got a new 2013 breakout and got the vance &hines 2 into 1 big radius exhaust
and it fit perfectly. It sounds great! Part # is 28019 if anybody is wondering. :bananarock:

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »

will try and post pics soon, purchased in omaha, had the bike listed on there website and the original buyer
backed out. got the black diamond and molten silver.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »

Well done-love the shine on the top of the tank on the black and silver color.  Did the dealer put on the Vance and Hines pipes?

will try and post pics soon, purchased in omaha, had the bike listed on there website and the original buyer
backed out. got the black diamond and molten silver.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:40:30 PM »

Oh you certainly have my attention now.

:worthless:

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »

Oh yes please some pics  :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »

here is a pic with my phone, not the best but you get the idea. just went out riding and i love these pipes!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.