Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout  (Read 30706 times)

bbiehl

• 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra & 2003 100th Anniversary Fatboy

• CVO1: 2010 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Burnt Amber/Hot Citris
Re: Good news on V/H exhaust systems for Breakout
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »

Was talking with support today at V/H.  They tell me they have a Breakout that was lent to them for a few days so they can do measurements to find out what exhausts will fit. 

Gave them my email address.  Dave there said they would let me know the second they have all the info.

on a side note, I am a Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner fan.  I also called them.  They gave me the part number for the auto tuner to fit the Breakout.  I had no idea this would all come together so quickly....

This is excellent...I can't wait to get a "real" exhaust system and fuel management on this bike to truly make it complete...... :cucumber:

The bike that was "lent" to V/H was originally for the owner of the Bloomington Indiana Harley shop.  Then he decided to just go ahead and sell it which my friend bought last weekend.  The pipes look and sound great!!!  I didn't get any good pics but I will try this weekend when he picks it up.
Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2013, 11:43:50 AM »

What exhaust system did they put on that bike?

The bike that was "lent" to V/H was originally for the owner of the Bloomington Indiana Harley shop.  Then he decided to just go ahead and sell it which my friend bought last weekend.  The pipes look and sound great!!!  I didn't get any good pics but I will try this weekend when he picks it up.

bbiehl

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »

What exhaust system did they put on that bike?

I believe they are the Big Radius 2 into 2.  I will ask this weekend and try to get a pic.  Maybe even video with sound if I can.

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »

That's what I figured- I know Vance and Hines have confirmed the 2-2 for the Breakout.  I want to get the 2-1 Big Radius, and probably will whether they confirm it or not- know it has been done.  Right now just settling for fome Rush slip ons (can't ride anyway with almost a foot of snow on the ground and no sign of relief in sight.

I believe they are the Big Radius 2 into 2.  I will ask this weekend and try to get a pic.  Maybe even video with sound if I can.

2013CVOBreakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »

This is a shame. Im in TX and my dealer says they can do whatever I want to the bike, that they dont have to worry about all that garbage. You guys need to get out of those liberal nanny states.

Hey Dobe,

I just talked to the dealer and I will get the bike over there this Friday when they open at 10:00, and this time of year, I can just wait on it.  I have to go to a dealer that is about 45 minutes away.  My local dealer that I buy from stopped doing ALL mod work other than HD accessories this past summer.  They will not put anything on a bike that modifies emissions or is listed as "for off-road use only", like full exhaust systems.

It's whacky.  they told me something about their lawyer said that the EPA can come in and inspect their shop and it's a $5,000 fine per violation?????  I have never heard of this happening, ever. Especially here in Ohio-EVERYBODY has a bike with aftermarket exhaust, so I don't think anyone is really worried about EPA violations.  The parts and service guys there are losing their minds watching all of the business for aftermarket work going elsewhere.

It's a wonderful, small family owned dealership and nobody services my bikes but them as they take great care of me, but this seems a little out there....

There is another local dealer in town that I am actually only 2 miles away from, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for service, not even for something simple like exhaust installation.

It's supposed to be sunny and 45 Friday, so I should be able to get a good long ride on the bike after the install.

will let you know!

Jeff
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:27:20 PM by 2013CVOBreakout »

bbiehl

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »

Sorry everyone.  The timing didn't work out so I couldn't be there when he picked it up so no pics or video.   :'(

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »

This is a shame. Im in TX and my dealer says they can do whatever I want to the bike, that they dont have to worry about all that garbage. You guys need to get out of those liberal nanny states.

Hey Dobe,

I just talked to the dealer and I will get the bike over there this Friday when they open at 10:00, and this time of year, I can just wait on it.  I have to go to a dealer that is about 45 minutes away.  My local dealer that I buy from stopped doing ALL mod work other than HD accessories this past summer.  They will not put anything on a bike that modifies emissions or is listed as "for off-road use only", like full exhaust systems.

It's whacky.  they told me something about their lawyer said that the EPA can come in and inspect their shop and it's a $5,000 fine per violation?????  I have never heard of this happening, ever. Especially here in Ohio-EVERYBODY has a bike with aftermarket exhaust, so I don't think anyone is really worried about EPA violations.  The parts and service guys there are losing their minds watching all of the business for aftermarket work going elsewhere.

It's a wonderful, small family owned dealership and nobody services my bikes but them as they take great care of me, but this seems a little out there....

There is another local dealer in town that I am actually only 2 miles away from, but I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for service, not even for something simple like exhaust installation.

It's supposed to be sunny and 45 Friday, so I should be able to get a good long ride on the bike after the install.

will let you know!

Jeff

Indeed,  I had the 2-2 install for 2012-2013 Softails done, and it fits like a glove.  popped right on with no fitement issues whatsover....it's a beautiful thing...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.