Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Front Speaker replacements  (Read 22757 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Front Speaker replacements
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2005, 11:29:37 AM »

Just glanced up at the poll heading this thread.  The reported number of problems versus numbers not having had problems (at least not yet) is certainly disconcerting.  Granted, the numbers are nothing more than simple reporting.  The stories that got shared here though kind of seemed to come up over a short period of time.  Perhaps there was just a bad run of production and a group of problem children all hit the street about the same time?  Would be nice to think so.  Fortunately (so far) my speakers have continued to perform flawlessly.  About 8k on the them during all kind of weather from 100 degree days to unexpected and unavoided torrential rain and wind; with a few stretches of pretty rough road surface thrown in for good measure.  

Keeping my fingers crossed they continue doing well.  But of course it's good to know that should a problem develop that replacements aren't any farther than an email to Pez away.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2005, 04:48:24 PM »

I have had my replacements in for a couple of weeks now. Only about 600 miles but they are working very well.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Lz

• Live Free or Die
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2005, 06:41:30 PM »

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]  I put mine in 2 weeks ago and 800+ miles later...no problem.  I just love them!  The major diff..... is the amount of volume needed is 50% less of stock.  I did notice that all connections were loose from factory and I had to crimp the male ends for a snug fit.  I also put a dab of Di-Electric Grease on all connections just to be safe.  The shipping package was WELL protected from our friends at UPS.  
Ride safe.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.