Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Front Speaker replacements  (Read 22746 times)

oddfirejeep

Re: Front Speaker replacements
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 11:52:23 AM »

Hello,

I think the biggest problem with the system is the environmet in which it operates. The fact that the 4 inch speakers are mounted in the fairing, and share the same air space causes problems with the low end (bass). A 4 inch speaker will just not produce the kind of bass response that most people are looking for, or are used to in a home or caged (4 wheels) environment. Using a 4 ohm speaker will drive the ampifier harder and could as mentioned above cause the ampifiers in the head unit to fail, however this is commonly done. If used properly it should not present any problems. Has anybody thought about adding a subwoofer to a tour Pak?

Great dialog, Good riding

2uece

• LET'S ROLL
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 08:47:43 PM »

I would like to speak on this matter but my audio system has been popping and cracking since day one [smiley=confused5.gif]...I am riding without tunes... [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]..my dealership stays away from everything electrical as much as possible.. and I DONT TRUST THEM. Any suggestions other than going to a different dealer.
Pez,  I would love to try your product. Could you post the specs of your speakers...
thanks  
05' FLHTCSE2
01' DUECE

Butch_Usner

• Ride just Ride
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2005, 11:35:46 PM »

I install alot of J&M speakers. I've had a set in my bike for 3 years now. I really think they sound better then any other speakers I've installed. And I have installed alot of speakers.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM%2DHCUS%2D98

Later......Butch [smiley=cool3.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2005, 08:29:23 AM »

Anybody dealt with Biketronics and there replacement system?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2005, 09:35:40 AM »

I install alot of J&M speakers. I've had a set in my bike for 3 years now. I really think they sound better then any other speakers I've installed. And I have installed alot of speakers.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=JM%2DHCUS%2D98

Later......Butch [smiley=cool3.gif]

Welcome to the board Butch.  Are those speakers 4 0hm or 8?  The speakers on a regular or Ultra Classic Electra Glide are 8 ohm however, on the SEEG we have 4 ohm.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2005, 10:01:58 AM »

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2005, 03:06:11 PM »

I PMed hogtunes and expressed intrest in buying two sets of speakers and also asked if there,s a group discount possible didn,t get a reply and haven,t seen any other post from him. says he has seeg.Still interested in two sets of speakers  but thats on hold may put 05 road glide unit in my 00 ultra if it works want cd player bad- hope its compatable also will replace air temp and other small gauge with speakers sometime soon-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2005, 05:49:11 PM »

Guys and Gals,

I changed my speakers out for the Infinity speakers, made by Harmon Kardon, sounded great in the garage on the open road with the Pro Pipe not so good, the cones crapped out because of the volume at max.

Bought a set of Hog Tune speakers and they are great, half to run at slightly over half voilume. They are 6ohm and ahve a huge magnet.

Pez, who sells them has a lot of experince in the Audio & Sound Filed, I have seen his link on this websit but do not remember when.

anyway my .02 cents

geezerglide

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2005, 08:27:55 AM »

Was waiting to see how people liked the hog tunes speakers guess I should bite the bullet and get a set.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2005, 10:58:10 AM »

Being technically challenged, what is the down side to 6 ohm speakers tied to a stereo that's designed for 4 ohm speakers?  Anybody know?  Are they waterproof (I do seem to get caught in more than my share of rain on the long trips)??
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »

JCZ,

Get a hold of Pez, he explained to me in regards to the 6 ohm, however, I to aint no genius when it comes to electronics.

I noticed a previous post where someone mentioned he did not hear from Hog Tunes, if I remeber from the HTT website he was going to be gone for a week or so.

geezerglide

pezsez

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2005, 02:24:58 PM »

Hey all

I have been at Consumer Electronics show in Vegas and have not been able to check sites/email like i usually like to--sorry for the delay.

If anybody ever has questions, Im here to help! Best way is info@hogtunes.com Also there are email buttons on every page of www.hogtunes.com

Forum members get a 10% discount by using the hidden link www.hogtunes.com/membersdealpage.htm

If any one has questions about customer feedback, drop me a note and I will send a collection of actual unedited posts from customers off the forums. There is a good one on HTT in the general section. I believe the topic is " OH PEZ..............(Hogtunes speakers) Check it out

I will be back Monday night--and get right back to it.

Again sorry for the delay, and after tommorrow night will be much more prompt!

Cheers--PEZ
If the whole world was smart, us guys with half a brain would be in real trouble!

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2005, 01:18:25 PM »

Was waiting to see how people liked the hog tunes speakers guess I should bite the bullet and get a set.

So Mr. Magoo...did you get the hog tunes speakers?  Honest assessment?

elvis

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2005, 01:38:11 PM »

did you get the hog tunes speakers?

2uece

• LET'S ROLL
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2005, 05:42:46 PM »

I purchased a set of speakers today..I will post my results ASAP. My scoot has had audio problems from day one. I hope it is just the speakers... I will keep you informed.
05' FLHTCSE2
01' DUECE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.