Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windsplitter windshield  (Read 2318 times)

Frank FX

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Prostreet Breakout
Windsplitter windshield
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:42 AM »

Will these mount on a Convertible? Looks like it may do a better job with the buffeting I get from the 2011 design.
Thanks, Frank

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: Windsplitter windshield
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

I'm nor sure those will fit. I have tried all kinds of shields, nothing worked for me.  I added the parts from the '12 on the fairing, it helped some, but when I added a tank lift kit, that fixed it and also removed the Speedo glare from shield as well.  So I got a two for one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

12cvosoftail

Re: Windsplitter windshield
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

I was at the dealer the other day and they had another Softail with the wind splitter mounted on it . I measured the distance between the mount points on it and compared it with my '12 CVO and they were identical. The main difference will be the wind splitter is designed for a 7" headlight and the CVO has a 4" headlight so there will be a gap between it and the headlight.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »

I was at the dealer the other day and they had another Softail with the wind splitter mounted on it . I measured the distance between the mount points on it and compared it with my '12 CVO and they were identical. The main difference will be the wind splitter is designed for a 7" headlight and the CVO has a 4" headlight so there will be a gap between it and the headlight.

So now you can put a bigger headlight on.  Check out one of the other threads.  Other guys have done and it looks good.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Robin Keegan

• FLSTSE2
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »

Hi Frank FX,

I've got a 2011 CVO Softail Convertible and had a lot of buffet issues.  Then I bought a replacement screen from Cee Baileys.  Excellent quality product in aircraft grade perspex (better than MoCo) and with a choice of colours or clear if you prefer.  Their website tells you how to get the correct measurement before you order.  For me, I needed one that was 4 inches taller than the standard Harley product.  Easy peasy fitting only needing to undo the 4 Allen screws at the base and all holes lined up perfectly.  All the Cee Bailey screens are wider than original whichever height you choose.  Now, no more buffet!  Very happy.  Checkout the Cee Baileys website http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/

Personal view is that the HD windsplitter screen is rather ugly and is designed to hold the Sat-Nav in the middle.  Mine's on the handlebar mount.  If you mount it on the screen, I presume it makes removing the screen more difficult which kind of destroys the concept of the Convertible.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:30:20 PM by Robin Keegan »

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php

Just a couple more options to consider.   I have a jurock and am considering the clearview as well.

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:26 AM »

I have had the 7jurock since I bought the bike and think they make a great shield but I also have the fork wind deflectors that others on this board think are ugly.  They may be, but they completely remove the buffeting and I wouldn't ride without them.  If I was ever going to spend the money and try something different it would be to go with the 2012 parts and do the tanklift as mentioned in a previous thread.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.