Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just seen a Breakout at bike show in UK  (Read 2579 times)

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
Just seen a Breakout at bike show in UK
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:51:22 PM »

Well folks how wrong can you be, i set off to the bike show in Birmingham with the wife in tow, thinking that the breakout was not scheduled to make an appearance. So on arriving was in no particular hurry to to to the Harley stand.  Watched a fantastic display of dirt bikes doing awesome tricks i.e. summersaults and the proceeded to one or two interesting bike stands like Norton and Triumph.  Across the hall we saw the Harley stand and as we approached it my wife pointed out that they were actually advertising the breakout as there was a huge display across the stand.  All I can say I was thunderstruck!!  there below the banner was my bike!!  In Gold!!  yes it does have a strong green effect a bit like a christmas bauble but still truly awesome.  The chrome and in particular the wheels when you see it close up was just amazing!!  from every angle it was amazing!!  just so excited!! It was a real crowd puller.. to think I will have one soon.  Yours thunderstruck!!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Just seen a Breakout at bike show in UK
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »

yes it does have a strong green effect a bit like a christmas bauble but still truly awesome. 

I love the way you British folks have of describing things...."effect a bit like a christmas bauble"....very funny !
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:38:20 PM »

Breakouts not due until January / February next year in Australia, however I was surprised to see a red breakout at the Melbourne Bike Expo last week.
Very nicely designed, not a skull fan but the tank badge skull is not to dominant. Looks nice.

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »

Mine arrived yesterday and I aint disappointed its stunning. I was concerned not having even seen one in real life never mind sat on one but its the dogs bollocks. Not sure about the rear number plate mount that might have to go along with the side reflectors on the swinging arm and front forks.

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 05:21:42 PM »

Mine arrived yesterday and I aint disappointed its stunning. I was concerned not having even seen one in real life never mind sat on one but its the dogs bollocks. Not sure about the rear number plate mount that might have to go along with the side reflectors on the swinging arm and front forks.
    Yes that was my big concern , putting down all that dough on a bike you've only seen pictures  of ,is a bit like entering into an  arranged marriage .  Anyway all is well as i have had all  my doubts  quelled yesterday .  The reflectors are about the most naff thing on the machine hope they come off easy, like you i am just waiting to see what the boys and girls across the pond do in the way of mods , congratulations on your new arrival man it must be a real blast to ride cant wait to join you out there   :2vrolijk_21: 

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »

Just got the reflectors off using a hairdryer to heat them up then ease then off

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »

Nice one ,i take it they were secured with resin ?

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »

Sticky adheasive pads

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »

Sticky adheasive pads

...and since it's the Breakout, the adhesive pads are from stridex.... ;D

I really have too much time on my hands at work today.....sorry about that.... ::)

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »

Just thought about something....as this post originated from England, y'all might not understand the humor on the Stridex funny....Stridex is a brand of blackhead/zit medicine pads made here in the states hense my attempt at humor (Stridex/Breakout/sticky pads)

OK, really I have to much time today....gotta get out of here..... :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.