Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 SE Fat Bob Wont idle  (Read 4231 times)

warebear

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE Electric Orange/Slate Black PCV Samson Street Sweepers
09 SE Fat Bob Wont idle
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »

Hey everyone, new to the site. I have a 09 SE fat bob in orange and it will not idle. It has the power commander 5 on it with Samson street sweepers. Just had it dyno tuned a little over a month ago ( around 400 miles ago). Was just though town and when i pulled in the clutch to shift it cut out. I can get it to run as long as I am feathering the gas. Has new high test gas in it, with about 100 miles on the tank. I did wash it before i started out on my ride, and got about three miles. Unplugged the ecu and there was no water in there, took the breather off and no water in there (always careful) and then I changed the plugs. It acts as though is flooding out...anyone have similar issues with their 110? Any help is greatly appreciated.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 09 SE Fat Bob Wont idle
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »

With an add-on tuning device like the PC, the easiest and quickest check is to just disconnect the PC from the ECM and plug the stock ECM connector directly to the ECM, like it was stock.  That will quickly tell you if the problem is in the PC (or the connection of the PC to the bike), or if you have to do further diagnostic work. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »

Had a similiar issue with my SE Fat Bob and the PC III.  Found that moisture was getting into the ECM connection as it is now outside of the bike to make the connection to the PC III.  Thoroughly taped connection using Heat Tape. I've not seen the issue again.

warebear

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:20:41 AM »

Thanks guys. Will take the advice. Have been waiting for the Christmas season to pass before tearing into it. Hopefully just some water and not the pc IV itself. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

warebear

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:16:52 AM »

Hey guys, good news...tore the ecm off the bike and checked for water, unplugged everything and while doing this I noticed that the antenna for the security system was snapped off, but the electrodes were still making partial contact. $13 later, it runs like a champ...glad to have my baby healthy again.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.